2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how I can withdrawal my acceptance? I got accepted to a school that I think is a better fit but I can’t figure out how to give up my seat at NYITCOM!
Just send them an email when you are ready, or call

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how I can withdrawal my acceptance? I got accepted to a school that I think is a better fit but I can’t figure out how to give up my seat at NYITCOM!
are you withdrawing from JB or Ow?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a specific parental income level to qualify for the need-based grant? Also, is the grant given to a certain percentage of students every year (as in they have to spend that money) or is it only given when students qualify and not given if no students qualify?

Just got waitlisted after an interview last week. I thought I really killed it and my interviewer was really enthusiastic about everything I said, but now it's a waiting game I guess. They say the waiting list is not ranked, so I don't have any clue where I stand.

Just got waitlisted after an interview last week. I thought I really killed it and my interviewer was really enthusiastic about everything I said, but now it's a waiting game I guess. They say the waiting list is not ranked, so I don't have any clue where I stand.
OW? Yeah they've been WL'ing everyone who interviewed after the year turned.
Their WL has a really high acceptance rate tho, and it seems like NYIT is just conservative with the number if accepts give . WL means they found you qualified, just awaiting a seat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OW? Yeah they've been WL'ing everyone who interviewed after the year turned.
Their WL has a really high acceptance rate tho, and it seems like NYIT is just conservative with the number if accepts give . WL means they found you qualified, just awaiting a seat.
Do you know if the same is true about Jonesboro? Applying to a bunch of one year master's programs at the moment, just in case.

Do you know if the same is true about Jonesboro? Applying to a bunch of one year master's programs at the moment, just in case.
That's a good idea. I ended up doing 2 masters (MBA and MS in Healthcare Management) that took me about 3 years. I applied for my MS as a back up and wanted to finish it before applying again. I applied this cycle again and did my MBA in the mean time. Hoping to get in off the waitlist and start here this year. But a masters is definitely a good backup. Management gave me insight into other aspects of healthcare and business altogether. 10/10 would recommend for anyone that doesn't get in.

Reactions: 1 users
That's a good idea. I ended up doing 2 masters (MBA and MS in Healthcare Management) that took me about 3 years. I applied for my MS as a back up and wanted to finish it before applying again. I applied this cycle again and did my MBA in the mean time. Hoping to get in off the waitlist and start here this year. But a masters is definitely a good backup. Management gave me insight into other aspects of healthcare and business altogether. 10/10 would recommend for anyone that doesn't get in.
Jesus I hope you get in.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus I hope you get in.
I graduated from the University of Miami with a business degree before deciding to pursue healthcare. Getting an MBA at some point could definitely be useful. Think an Master's of Science or Biomedical Science would probably be useful as well. Hopefully lots of movement on the wait list.

Try to retake the mcat and shoot for a score higher than 512. This shows a positive trend on you application which is extremely favorable. You never know, you might get into an MD.

Good luck, I wish you all the best. Stay safe, stay healthy.
505 is definitely in range for DO schools, so if you're fine with that being your main pool, there's no need to retake. If you're looking to apply to MD programs, anything above a 510 should get you some interviews.

I see on their website that there is a $370 late fee for tuition but I don't know if that's only for the undergrad or the med school as well. Also, it doesn't say anything about revoking an acceptance if you're late. Does anyone know for sure if the late fee is the only penalty?

I see on their website that there is a $370 late fee for tuition but I don't know if that's only for the undergrad or the med school as well. Also, it doesn't say anything about revoking an acceptance if you're late. Does anyone know for sure if the late fee is the only penalty?
Also wondering about this. April 16 seems super early to pay the tuition bill and I am not prepared to commit and pay that atm. Does anyone know if I do pay that if we would get a refund if I don't end up going there?

Any other waitlist-ees going crazy refreshing their inboxes every Friday? No? Just me?

Reactions: 5 users
Are you sure they send out results on a Friday? Can’t it be any random weekday?
Every email I've gotten from them has been Friday, but you're right, it can be every day of the week.

Also wondering about this. April 16 seems super early to pay the tuition bill and I am not prepared to commit and pay that atm. Does anyone know if I do pay that if we would get a refund if I don't end up going there?
I'm in the same boat so I emailed the financial aid office. The director said that you must complete the financial aid process or pay the tuition by the 15th. If you end up withdrawing from the school before the first day of class, they will either cancel your loans or refund the money paid.

I'm in the same boat so I emailed the financial aid office. The director said that you must complete the financial aid process or pay the tuition by the 15th. If you end up withdrawing from the school before the first day of class, they will either cancel your loans or refund the money paid.
+1 They said email them that you aren't going to the school and they'll cancel the loan

Did anybody get a rejection letter from NYIT? This is the one school that I haven't heard back from, and I'm wondering if they just silently reject you?

Did anybody get a rejection letter from NYIT? This is the one school that I haven't heard back from, and I'm wondering if they just silently reject you?
If they never sent you an invite they silently reject you. Their interview season is over...
After the interview, whether they reject you or send a hard email is up for D E B A T E
Edit:Grammer

Last edited:
I apologize if this was already addressed, but is NYITCOM receptive to update letters and/or Letters of interest/intent?

I apologize if this was already addressed, but is NYITCOM receptive to update letters and/or Letters of interest/intent?
I’ve sent a couple *actual* updates (major activity/life changes) and they responded with sort of a general acknowledgment email. I’d say neutral.

I’ve sent a couple *actual* updates (major activity/life changes) and they responded with sort of a general acknowledgment email. I’d say neutral.
If you're on the WL I would to show continued interest-otherwise leave it be.

I emailed (JB) them a few days ago and they said they are giving some extensions until May 1st and that's a hard deadline. I would reach out to the financial aid office if you cannot make the payment.
They also said they will refund all but the deposit if you have to withdraw.

I emailed (JB) them a few days ago and they said they are giving some extensions until May 1st and that's a hard deadline. I would reach out to the financial aid office if you cannot make the payment.
They also said they will refund all but the deposit if you have to withdraw.
"hard deadline" as in you have to pay a fee or as in they revoke your acceptance?

Last edited:

so if I’ve completed the financial aid process, then I’m good? JB campus btw. We still haven’t received directions on how to apply for the GradPlus Direct Student Loan. Reached out to Vicki, no response.

so if I’ve completed the financial aid process, then I’m good? JB campus btw. We still haven’t received directions on how to apply for the GradPlus Direct Student Loan. Reached out to Vicki, no response.

applying for grad plus is on the same site as fafsa, it’s been open (PLUS Loan Application for Graduate Students | Federal Student Aid).

You also need to complete a PLUS MPN (Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) | Federal Student Aid),

And entrance counseling (Entrance Counseling | Federal Student Aid)

Does anyone know how to pay the tuition? I'm confused on what to select after clicking “click here to make a payment”. Do we pay it to the Tuition Enrollment Deposit? And what do we select for the year/semester in the dropdown menu?

Apparently the direct plus loan isn’t ready to apply for yet. There is no option for 2020-2021

It’s ok to use the 19-20 year. Also the loan period is August 2020 to June 2021. School is listed under NY Coll of osteo med.

Be sure to check your nyit email, they’ve been sending emails from doloans with the subject “revised award notification” and that’s where I got this info from. I received my first one from them on 3/24. Also just got one from Vicki Walker on gradplus instructions just now.

Last edited:
Here's this year's match list for the NY campus, don't have the Arkansas one

Attachments

• INTERNSHIP AND RESIDENCY PLACEMENT LOCATION - Class of 2020.pdf
    414.5 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: 2 users
It’s ok to use the 19-20 year. Also the loan period is August 2020 to June 2021. School is listed under NY Coll of osteo med.

Be sure to check your nyit email, they’ve been sending emails from doloans with the subject “revised award notification” and that’s where I got this info from. I received my first one from them on 3/24. Also just got one from Vicki Walker on gradplus instructions just now.
Yep, got the email from Vicki earlier! Thanks! Are you attending the OW or JB campus?

Anyone know when the next wave of results is coming out?

On the WL for this school, what are everyone's opinions on Jonesboro (I'm impressed by the school, but not sure about the location)

On the WL for this school, what are everyone's opinions on Jonesboro (I'm impressed by the school, but not sure about the location)
I’m on the wait list as well. I thought it looked like a smallish city but I had the opportunity to visit the downtown area and thought it was pretty clear they’re putting some effort into making it lively. Not sure about hiking, etc

If they never sent you an invite they silently reject you. Their interview season is over...
After the interview, whether they reject you or send a hard email is up for D E B A T E
Edit:Grammer
I don't think it is over, a friend of mine just got an interview invite today.

I don't think it is over, a friend of mine just got an interview invite today.
Yeah, you should absolutely ignore people making sweeping statements about anything, especially this cycle.

Yeah, you should absolutely ignore people making sweeping statements about anything, especially this cycle.
Wait what? Someone on this thread def said that the OW campus finished interviews already..its possible that was an old thread and COVID changed things this year. My bad.

Wait what? Someone on this thread def said that the OW campus finished interviews already..its possible that was an old thread and COVID changed things this year. My bad.
Unless the "someone on this thread" is on the admissions committee at that school, all of these assumptions are a waste of time. Start prepping for the next cycle and stay optimistic for this one. Don't live on SDN.