2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
those who are attending- I got an email from the [email protected] address about the background check, but no directions on how to actually do it. Should I be getting an email from certiphi?? or am I just missing something

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh okay! Did your emails arrive around the same time? Got the one from [email protected] this morning and still nothing from certiphi. Checked my spam too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mine was within an hour, but it was also in January, way before quarantine, so it may be different now. If you're concerned I would definitely email [email protected]. They respond very quickly.

Any ideas when the next wave of acceptances might come out? Or, anyone get accepted today lol

Reactions: 2 users
How quiet it is on here this week after the DO drop all acceptances deadline is really stressing me out....

Reactions: 1 user
How quiet it is on here this week after the DO drop all acceptances deadline is really stressing me out....
Personally I was expecting a huge wave this upcoming Friday (couldn't NYIT have picked an earlier day in the week for their emails??). If after Friday there's still nothing... I'm gonna start freaking out haha

for me, I got accepted in November. My acceptance email was in my spam and I didn’t know for like a couple days until I was looking for something else. maybe something worth noting

for me, I got accepted in November. My acceptance email was in my spam and I didn’t know for like a couple days until I was looking for something else. maybe something worth noting
I have been checking my spam for a while. It doesn't auto-delete until the 1 month mark, and when I updated my WL status on 4/28, they indicated my file was still being revised, but I have been checking my spam at least once a day now. ( Even though I turned off spam filers?)

Will be withdrawing my A at OW. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows when or how frequent the adcom would meet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I was really hoping for some waitlist movement today..especially from JB since they haven’t had much.

Reactions: 1 users
If I may ask, where did you get this number from? Any links you would be able to provide? TIA!
I was mid 500s. Going to probably retake. Was the 508 for Jonesboro or OW

Wow, the workweek is officially over and NOTHING! Thats nuts!

• Angry
Man this long weekend just got longer lol. Hopefully there will be some good news on Tuesday

Is this the average for accepted students or the average for students that matriculate?

I have a good friend who is a first year at OW, he says that his average class’ MCAT score was 508, so I think it’s based on matriculation

I was recently accepted to a one year Master’s of Biotechnology at Johns Hopkins with close ties to NYIT but sure would be nice to get in now

Idk if anyone wanted to know or not but i was told that the first unit is going to be online. They don't know what they are gonna do about the labs yet!

just for thoughts and giggles,
If you are accepted to NYIT (60k tuition only) vs other DO schools that has 30k tuition, which one would you pick?
I get that NYIT has excellent clinical rotation, education, and perhaps reputation even. But wow its expensive!!!
I currently have an A out in the midwest, which is much cheaper than NYITCOM, about 20k less. However, the opportunities to stay in the northeast in terms of residency options plus being near home (major factor) kind of outweigh the cost for me. Definitely some financial risk to reward ratio in this though

just for thoughts and giggles,
If you are accepted to NYIT (60k tuition only) vs other DO schools that has 30k tuition, which one would you pick?
I get that NYIT has excellent clinical rotation, education, and perhaps reputation even. But wow its expensive!!!
It depends on what the DO school offers

I got accepted off the WL this past Friday!! I had given up hope before I got the email, so for anyone who's hoping for an acceptance please don't give up hope! Side note, does anyone know if there's a groupme/group chat for the class of 2024?

I got accepted off the WL this past Friday!! I had given up hope before I got the email, so for anyone who's hoping for an acceptance please don't give up hope! Side note, does anyone know if there's a groupme/group chat for the class of 2024?
there's a facebook group, not sure about groupme

i was feeling ok that we didnt hear anything on friday, but your post really brought me down lol...
on the other hand, grats on your acceptance!

The accepted student group on Facebook is already at 394 members... Have to assume some of those are admin/upperclassmen, but I am starting to lose hope :(

JB or OW? Looks like there was movement...

The accepted student group on Facebook is already at 394 members... Have to assume some of those are admin/upperclassmen, but I am starting to lose hope :(
In order to fill the class , according to typical DO yields, they likely have to *accept* at least 500.

Based on the threads from the last 2 years, there was still decent movement from the end of May to late June.

But with covid this year, things at least seem slower in the threads I've checked. So I don't know what to expect. Having an existential crisis every day

Reactions: 3 users
In order to fill the class , according to typical DO yields, they likely have to *accept* at least 500.
True, but who knows how many acceptances have already been sent out? They've been interviewing since September, I'm sure they're close to sending out that many by now.

Sorry for the bleak outlook, but I can't help it at this point :/

True, but who knows how many acceptances have already been sent out? They've been interviewing since September, I'm sure they're close to sending out that many by now.

Sorry for the bleak outlook, but I can't help it at this point :/
I mean most prev threads show at least another month of WL movement...

I mean most prev threads show at least another month of WL movement...
People post for the first time and are added to the fb group daily so I don’t know if everyone who gets in is putting it on here.

Congratulations on your acceptance was this for OW or JB?

Has anyone signed up for mediaid instead of the school $5000 health insurance?