2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted 7/22

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted 7/8 but still haven't received a complete email. Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user

I just got mine today, but I submitted a week earlier than you, so they seem to be really slow in terms of complete emails.

Members don't see this ad :)

I also still have not received one. The admissions office told me there is no longer a way to check your status on the portal and indicated that it might be quite a while before people receive complete emails. I submitted 7/2 and still haven’t gotten mine but they said not to worry.

I received an interview invite this morning! So excited!!

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats on the interviews! It’s very super early right now so for those waiting on complete emails don’t fret. This is a long process and everyone posting here is ahead of the curve as is.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know how to check the status of your application? I submitted my secondary on 7/1, and received an email on 7/12 from the admissions office asking for me to call them regarding an issue with my LoR. I fixed the issue and still haven't received an application completion email. Curious to see if I'm still missing any part of my application.

Anyone know how to check the status of your application? I submitted my secondary on 7/1, and received an email on 7/12 from the admissions office asking for me to call them regarding an issue with my LoR. I fixed the issue and still haven't received an application completion email. Curious to see if I'm still missing any part of my application.

Not trying to be mean but scroll five messages up and you will find your answer.

Oops, must have scrolled right past that. My apologies!
Essentially that just isn't going to be happening this year. I think they pretty much copy and pasted their instructions from last year-- even though they overhauled their software this year.

Secondary submitted 7/1
CA$PER 7/7 (not needed for completion)
Verified 7/17
Completion email 7/23

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally complete! lol only took ~ 3 weeks after all of my LORs got there

Secondary submitted 6/29, complete 7/23

Submitted 6/29 with all LOR, still waiting on complete email.

this was one of my first submitted apps (6/29) and still not complete

this was one of my first submitted apps (6/29) and still not complete
I submitted the same day and was complete 7/9! It sucks you can't check status in the portal to look for any missing requirements..

Reactions: 2 users
I'm afraid that some of my reference letters didn't put my amcas number... do you think it'll prevent my application from being complete?

I'm afraid that some of my reference letters didn't put my amcas number... do you think it'll prevent my application from being complete?
Someone on an earlier page of this thread contacted NYMC admissions about this. Apparently the response was that as long as your letters were sent through AMCAS, it's fine if your ID# isn't on them!

This will be completely inconsequential and not affect your life in any way.

The purpose of this is for letters sent outside the AMCAS letter service, such as additional letters later or something to that effect.

Good luck!

Ok thanks everyone, was just getting scared cause I sent my application in on the 6/29 and it's still not marked as complete.

got the darn letter of rec email that i need to call to resolve. Wonder what thats about

I saw online that three LORs are required. Can we send more?
When I talked to them on the phone it seemed that anything over the 3 would just be supplemental, apparently they are looking primarily for 2 science 1 non-science

I saw online that three LORs are required. Can we send more?

You can send additional ones on top of the required letters, but they can’t replace the requirements. Any questions on making sure you’re meeting the requirements for letters should be emailed to them (or any school you apply to) to be certain of the answer though! The last thing you want is to misunderstand requirements at your dream school and end up with your app delayed or in the trash.

I got the II today as well. OOS, URM, 3.3 uGPA & sGPA, 3.8 SMP GPA, 510 MCAT

Does anyone know how soon after the primary is submitted we receive secondaries? I just added this school to my list

Is it weird that i just got the “file complete” email even though i returned the secondary a month ago?