2019-2020 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys besides the title IX and cyber security course has anyone heard about anything else we need to get done. Wondering if theres a deadlines for transcripts, immunizations and drug screening etc. One of my schools only sends official paper transcripts by mail and at the moment they're shut down and haven't really said anything about opening back up yet...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What does?

We most likely will have a virtual white coat ceremony... I mean, it’s not the end of the world and I understand it given the circumstances, but my family and I were looking forward to it :/

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
We most likely will have a virtual white coat ceremony... I mean, it’s not the end of the world and I understand it given the circumstances, but my family and I were looking forward to it :/

Yeah I saw that!! I’m just hoping we don’t start classes online at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
They pushed ours (Tulsa) back until the spring semester :( Kinda sucks, but hopefully we'll get to do it in person. Of course, no one really knows what's gonna happen at this point.

I'm really hoping we get to at least do anatomy lab in person.

Question for anyone. Has anybody ever heard of a reapplicant not completely redoing their personal statement or just changing one or two paragraphs. I know they told us to redo it and be a new applicant. I received good feedback about mine and figured maybe it would be ok if I just change the wording and maybe one or two paragraphs. Just wondering if anyone got a negative result after not changing or barley changing their personal statement, even though they say to completely change it.

Question for anyone. Has anybody ever heard of a reapplicant not completely redoing their personal statement or just changing one or two paragraphs. I know they told us to redo it and be a new applicant. I received good feedback about mine and figured maybe it would be ok if I just change the wording and maybe one or two paragraphs. Just wondering if anyone got a negative result after not changing or barley changing their personal statement, even though they say to completely change it.

I edited my original personal statement significantly (using more descriptive words, explaining things more concisely so I could add more details about other parts of my journey, etc.). Essentially it was the same essay but with many improvements, and I got in on my second try. The way I see it, the reason why you want to pursue a career in medicine probably hasn't changed, so it would make sense that you might be submitting a very similar essay.

Reactions: 1 users
Did AdCom tell you why you were rejected.

Did AdCom tell you why you were rejected.
It was kind of just little things in several areas. They straight up told me my total score(MCAT, GPA and Interview score) was just too low(the algorithm). So basically I didn't have a killer MCAT or interview that put me over the mark.

It was kind of just little things in several areas. They straight up told me my total score(MCAT, GPA and Interview score) was just too low(the algorithm). So basically I didn't have a killer MCAT or interview that put me over the mark.
Do you mind sharing your stats???