2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Early January. Not sure that I have seen anyone move past "on hold" in the post interview stage but you never know!
I was accepted off the "hold status" this afternoon (interviewed in October)

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when second look is?

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! There is a Facebook page for the accepted students for you to connect with other students, and ask current students questions.

Hey! Does anyone know if Penn state has sent pre-ii rejections? I’ve been complete since August and have not heard anything, not even a hold /:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today. Idk if I should go. I am loving the school, but not loving the distance from home. I will likely withdraw. My LM is 64.5 and I was complete in mid September.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite today. Idk if I should go. I am loving the school, but not loving the distance from home. I will likely withdraw. My LM is 64.5 and I was complete in mid September.
Are you OOS/ have ties to the state? thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! What dates did they give you?

Hi! What dates did they give you?

Two dates in end of Feb, I did not see any in March, but maybe they didn't open them up. It was like Feb 26/28 or something. I ended up declining after a lot of thought :( I hope you guys get it though!

Reactions: 7 users
still on interview hold and I really want that interview... LM 72
do you think a letter of interest would help??

Last edited:
Early January. Not sure that I have seen anyone move past "on hold" in the post interview stage but you never know!

I got accepted after being put on hold after my interview!! u still have a chance!
I interviewed 11/11, got put on hold 1/9, and just got accepted on 1/30.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Two dates in end of Feb, I did not see any in March, but maybe they didn't open them up. It was like Feb 26/28 or something. I ended up declining after a lot of thought :( I hope you guys get it though!
I have heard nothing from PSU and was complete in august. Is there any hope?

Are you OOS/ have ties to the state? thanks for sharing.

No ties and I’m not in state. ORM. Also, I think I miscalculated LM, it’s a 66. My
I have heard nothing from PSU and was complete in august. Is there any hope?

There is always hope until the R or it's August-- I can't tell you chances, but they are not zero!

I got accepted after being put on hold after my interview!! u still have a chance!
I interviewed 11/11, got put on hold 1/9, and just got accepted on 1/30.
Hey! Thank you for the encouraging note, I really enjoyed my interview and it is definitely my top choice. Good to know I still have a chance.

been on pre II hold since 10/22, and I am strongly considering writing a letter of interest. Anyone know if they are receptive to them?

been on pre II hold since 10/22, and I am strongly considering writing a letter of interest. Anyone know if they are receptive to them?
In my email for hold this morning it stated they do not accept letters of interest or updates pre-ii.

Same here. Same date. They don't accept anything pre-II. I wrote an email to them and got a response saying it was added to my file. But it wasn't a letter or anything.

Hi! I just got the pre-ii hold as well in that email they said they do not accept letters of intent, updates or additional recommendation letters. But if you have been on hold that long, I would just reach out to them and ask!

Hi! I just got the pre-ii hold as well in that email they said they do not accept letters of intent, updates or additional recommendation letters. But if you have been on hold that long, I would just reach out to them and ask!
They honestly just say, "We interview till March. All we can tell you at this point is to keep your contact information up to date on AMCAS."

I've called so many times i've got it memorized.

Pre II hold. Complete 10/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they take nothing pre interview, but does anybody know if letters of intent are accepted for post interview hold?

II received on Monday! My application was complete 10/13 so this news was a great surprise!

Reactions: 6 users
I know they take nothing pre interview, but does anybody know if letters of intent are accepted for post interview hold?

During my interview 1/29, they said they do not accept letter updates after the interview, so they told us to mention any updates we had to our interviewers that day.

• Sad
II received on Monday! My application was complete 10/13 so this news was a great surprise!

Congrats on the interview!! Heads up that it was a bit confusing getting to the interview place in the morning. There is a walking map for how to get there on the portal, but I still got a little lost. Make sure to go to the Main Hospital Entrance, which is 500 University Drive. They kept saying Main Hospital Entrance in the emails, but I couldn't find the actual address and so came in a different way. I hope this info helps you the morning of! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the interview!! Heads up that it was a bit confusing getting to the interview place in the morning. There is a walking map for how to get there on the portal, but I still got a little lost. Make sure to go to the Main Hospital Entrance, which is 500 University Drive. They kept saying Main Hospital Entrance in the emails, but I couldn't find the actual address and so came in a different way. I hope this info helps you the morning of! :)
Thank you! And that is good to know! If I get there with enough time the day before I will have to scout out the campus so I am not so stressed in the morning.

Anyone happen to know when the last interview date is?

I was complete late July and haven't been put on hold or received an II, is that strange?

Reactions: 3 users