2019-2020 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL. Tried refreshing the page a million times and see if that change the result. Didn't work.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
During my interview here it was super hot and I parked far away so when they took my picture I was sweating through my suit... The people at the admissions desk looked concerned. Must have felt bad for me cause accepted lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
WL. Tried refreshing the page a million times and see if that change the result. Didn't work.
I did the same thing :(

On the other hand, having been a part of the no II gang for two entire cycles, I'm gonna hang on to the hope and patience that got me this far to begin with. We've got this!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those accepted! WL friends, I’m in with you all. It sucks to be in the uncertainty this long, but we’ll get through this process

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For those accepted, has anyone received any other communication besides just the status update on the portal? Still waiting for that email...

Does anyone else find it odd that they only communicated acceptance via portal? I didn’t even know to check until a friend told me— is it just me or is this very unusual?

Does anyone else find it odd that they only communicated acceptance via portal? I didn’t even know to check until a friend told me— is it just me or is this very unusual?
It's definitely unique to Pitt I think. Every other school has emailed me. I know Pitt is very aware of how active Pitt applicants are on SDN (One of the deans mentioned this on my interview day) so I think they know that if they update the portal, a lot of us will find out via SDN.

To the non-SDN Pitt applicants, they probably would just check on the 31st and discover their admission decision there as Pitt stated during interview days that Pitt decisions come out on the 31st so students probably will just find out then since Pitt sent out decisions early.

Trying to patiently wait and hope I get accepted here bc it’s my topic choice!! Love this school and the city!! Wishing for the best for everyone else on the waitlist. Hoping a lot of us get some Pitt love at the end of February
It looks like, in previous years, there was a wave of As at the beginning of March and another at the beginning of April. I also loved the city and had a great time interviewing, so I’m still holding out hope. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 4 users
It looks like, in previous years, there was a wave of As at the beginning of March and another at the beginning of April. I also loved the city and had a great time interviewing, so I’m still holding out hope. Best of luck to you!
@j.elise interviewed the same day as you and hoping for the best for us both!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we have to fill out the admission data forms in order to "accept" our acceptance? Or is filling out those forms agreeing to matriculation at pitt?

Yall i didnt check til today!! ACCEPTED!!!!! LUVEDDD PITT IM SO HAPPY!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Where do you look to find admissions decisions? Is it on the portal for the secondary application?

Also WL. Good luck to everyone on the WL with me and congratulations to all those accepted!

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!! Never thought it would happen in a million years, but we DID IT!!! Good luck to those on the waitlist, hopefully you’ll be joining us soon :)

Is there an admitted students Facebook page or something of the sort?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an email or any kind of correspondence yet?

• Okay...
Just got a letter in the mail from the admissions office confirming my placement on the waitlist and saying they would begin waitlist movement in the spring.

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if there’s anything we need to do to secure our spot? Like pay a deposit, or complete a form of some sort? I saw the admissions data form online, but didn’t know if I should do it or not

Reactions: 1 user
I think that is how you confirm your spot
It’s weird though because nothing changes when you fill that out and you don’t have to accept the spot or anything on the form. Anyone else confused by the lack of communication?

Just got an acceptance letter and card with important dates in the mail today!

Just got a letter in the mail from the admissions office confirming my placement on the waitlist and saying they would begin waitlist movement in the spring.
Rooting for you:highfive:

• Love
Does anyone who got their letter in the mail already know when second look will be this year?

I never got a waitlist email. I hope that means they’ve somehow ~accidentally~ put me on that list and my acceptance is on the way soon

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No waitlist email but my waitlist letter came in the mail yesterday

Sounds like they’re going with a letter rather than email

is there a facebook group? there is a link for a second look facebook group but even that is not working