2019-2020 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have there been any talks or rumors of Pitt going debt free? Maybe I am wishing on a lucky star here, but what's the likelihood of UPSOM emulating Cornell's move?

LOL I wish... I feel like they would require a private donor in order to make that happen. I haven't heard any rumors about this as a current student

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance here - good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew! Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think there's going to be more waitlist movement in May? Last year's thread looks like there really wasn't any

Do you guys think there's going to be more waitlist movement in May? Last year's thread looks like there really wasn't any

There was one SDNer that got off in May and this site isn't a fully representative sample. It seems likely that there will be another look at the wait-list, but whether that'll be accounted for on SDN is to be determined. All we can do is hope, maintain positivity, and keep on hanging with the (wait-list) homies!

Reactions: 1 users
We lost 3-4 people in our admitted students GroupMe yesterday, so keep the faith!

• Wow
I have until May 18th to accept. They sent the email at 7:52 this morning

• Love
Is there an accepted students Facebook group? I also got accepted off the waitlist this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who was accepted today!! :) Be sure to join the groupme because a sizable portion of the class has been communicating regularly through there.

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST TODAY.

What in the actual eff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you guys this Fall!!!!!!!!!!!

To everyone on waitlists: there is hope! I was the FURTHEST person you'd expect to get accepted, I swear I gave up on this school, I assumed they were so much better than me, I thought I was out of my league. There is always hope guys!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST TODAY.

What in the actual eff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you guys this Fall!!!!!!!!!!!

To everyone on waitlists: there is hope! I was the FURTHEST person you'd expect to get accepted, I swear I gave up on this school, I assumed they were so much better than me, I thought I was out of my league. There is always hope guys!
Congrats!!! You deserve it and your 518/ summa cum laude sure showed that

Sure, but that's their average. And there are other parts to my stats/app which make them a lot weaker than they might initially seem :O

Pitt being a research powerhouse and what not...I don't want to go into details, but this really confirms that they look at a lot of stuff on your app.

Being a super neurotic SDN user, I would have given myself a VERY low chance.

TLDR: Pitt definitely must use a very wide variety of criteria, and aren't just checking boxes!

Just wanted to say, for future reference, that Pitt was very generous with need based fin-aid for me.

I won't go into deets, but it made tuition as cheap as my in-states!!!!

So if anyone is from a middle-ish background and is worried about obscene costs, Pitt does a decent job of making the debt manageable :D

Edit: So don't be discouraged from applying by just expenses....they are really fair and will try to make it work for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think it's over if you are still on the WL?

• Sad
Just wanted to say, for future reference, that Pitt was very generous with need based fin-aid for me.

I won't go into deets, but it made tuition as cheap as my in-states!!!!

So if anyone is from a middle-ish background and is worried about obscene costs, Pitt does a decent job of making the debt manageable :D

This is VERY reassuring. Thanks! Applying for upcoming cycle. Realistically, I would be ecstatic to receive 50% tuition and figure out the rest myself. Anything more than that would be amazing! Congrats to you and your future at Pitt Med!

Do you guys think it's over if you are still on the WL?

Not sure about being over. I know the commit to enroll date is in mid-July (17th?) so it's possible people drop out late in the game if they get in elsewhere that they prefer.

For those who may still be on the waitlist, I emailed admissions yesterday and they said the class is currently full and will be taking applicants off the waitlist if spots become available.

Reactions: 5 users
Will there be in-person classes in the fall? Did anyone hear anything about it and safety measures?

Has anyone taken the Prologue to Medicine program before? Anything to do to prepare for it? How did you make the most of the program? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Just got accepted off the waitlist!! I got an email a little after 10am eastern time! For reference for others still waiting, I sent a short "continued interest" email to the main admissions email & Dean Piraino on Wednesday morning.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist!! I got an email a little after 10am eastern time! For reference for others still waiting, I sent a short "continued interest" email to the main admissions email & Dean Piraino on Wednesday morning.

Did they respond to your email? I sent one on Friday but received no response

Did they respond to your email? I sent one on Friday but received no response
I don't think Pitt responded to any of my update emails, but if you want to make sure the update was added to your application just log on to the application portal and click application status. Any communication you have had with admissions that they uploaded should be listed at the bottom.

EDIT: Just double checked, they never responded to any of my update emails lol! But don't sweat it, I still was accepted. @MDClassOf2024-WeDidIt must be really cool to get a response from the legend herself ;)

Also got off the waitlist today!!!!

I didn't see my updates on my portal so I called them about it and they responded quickly via email

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I'm so so excited to meet all you guys in the fall!! :D

• Love
I'm so so excited to meet all you guys in the fall!! :D

Congrats friends!! So excited to be classmates with you all in the fall. Hope you and your families are staying safe and doing as well as possible during these times! :)

• Love
Our year set a hilarious precedent for the next years, omg when they read this forum...the twists and turns.

Like the people showing up for every wave, never getting it, giving up hope completely, and then getting in late May and even later in June?

That's one long crazy ride lmao (6-9 months!!!!)

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah so uh...just to remind everyone: this is where the SDN Conspiracy Theories all started. *puts on tinfoil hat* THE COMPLETE EMAILS MEAN SOMETHING!!!!!

Just withdrew from their WL. Good luck to those still waiting!

In the final hour :) see you all in the fall. My brain cannot form words.

• Love