You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Temple
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2am II. Most likely withdrawing - hope one of you guys can snag it!
+1, complete in July then silence until nowII just now! Don't give up hope, they are only scheduling next week through mid-Jan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pushforward
Full Member
does anyone have any interview tips for Temple? Interviewing here next week!
does anyone have any interview tips for Temple? Interviewing here next week!
it was super casual for me! One interviewer will have read your file and the other it will be closed file. So prepare for both styles of interview and you should be good! Good luck
Lol got a 2am II! LM 70, complete 7/9
They must have been waiting until the new year to give you the II because of your username 🙂Lol got a 2am II! LM 70, complete 7/9
legendary 2 AM II just received... on a weekend too!
Complete 7/3 (there's still hope for all you super early submitters!)
EDIT: does the TUportal lag on showing the interview day selection? I can't find it.
Complete 7/3 (there's still hope for all you super early submitters!)
EDIT: does the TUportal lag on showing the interview day selection? I can't find it.
Last edited:
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
TFW you groggily check your phone at 6am and see a sweet 2am II sitting on the home screen!! Scheduled for mid January.
complete 10/8
complete 10/8
pushforward
Full Member
do you need your ID at any point during the interview day? I just realized I left mine at home and am freaking out.
you did need an ID to sign in that day, but they are very nice so I’m sure if you just tell them you forgot it and have the email or any other kind of verification you’ll be fine! good luck 🙂
agreed, you’ll totally be fine! Also, on a lighter note, that freak out will probably be your most stressful moment of the interview since this one is very relaxed. Good luck!!
yep!Does anyone know if there is a place to keep luggage during the interview?
Congrats! Stats? I was complete late Sep so I'm thinking no news isn't good news.TFW you groggily check your phone at 6am and see a sweet 2am II sitting on the home screen!! Scheduled for mid January.
complete 10/8
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Congrats! Stats? I was complete late Sep so I'm thinking no news isn't good news.
508, 3.73 sGPA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureOphth35
Full Member
Just received a II 30 minutes ago!
Just had my Interview here and LOVED this school. I knew i was excited for the interview but it really exceeded my expectations 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When did you submit your application?Just received a II 30 minutes ago!
Any tips? and also how was the overall feel of the interview?Just had my Interview here and LOVED this school. I knew i was excited for the interview but it really exceeded my expectations 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any tips? and also how was the overall feel of the interview?
Be yourself! They want to know your passions and what motivates you to be a physician. Know why you like the school and the parts of your application 🙂
Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FutureOphth35
Full Member
When did you submit your application?
I was complete 9/10
Thanks!Be yourself! They want to know your passions and what motivates you to be a physician. Know why you like the school and the parts of your application 🙂
Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When were you complete?
Everything less CASPer finished by Aug 26, CASPer delivered Sept 20th I believe.
Interviewed here today and loved it!
Any tips?? or details???Interviewed here today and loved it!
pattysal
Full Member
Typed!Is the writing portion hand written or typed
Definitely one of the more stress-free interview days I've attended. Each interview was ~30min. One open-file, one closed-file. They make a point of trying to make you feel relaxed. Mostly standard questions in the interview - nothing really caught me off guard. Only about 10 people in my interview group. We all got a tour of the building (which was really nice by the way) and ate lunch with M2s.Any tips?? or details???
I've seen people complain about the area, and yeah, it's in north Philly which is not the nicest area of the city. But A) the area immediately surrounding the school is completely safe and has plenty of police presence and B) the ability to work with the underserved populations immediately surrounding the school is a big asset IMO. They said most students live in center city/south Philly and commute anyway.
Edit: I also just remembered to mention that you might have to go outside to a different building for your interview so make sure you're dressed appropriately for that!
Last edited:
Thanks so much! Im a bit nervy for it hahahahaDefinitely one of the more stress-free interview days I've attended. Each interview was ~30min. One open-file, one closed-file. They make a point of trying to make you feel relaxed. Mostly standard questions in the interview - nothing really caught me off guard. Only about 10 people in my interview group. We all got a tour of the building (which was really nice by the way) and ate lunch with M2s.
I've seen people complain about the area, and yeah, it's in north Philly which is not the nicest area of the city. But A) the area immediately surrounding the school is completely safe and has plenty of police presence and B) the ability to work with the underserved populations immediately surrounding the school is a big asset IMO. They said most students live in center city/south Philly and commute anyway.
Edit: I also just remembered to mention that you might have to go outside to a different building for your interview so make sure you're dressed appropriately for that!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely one of the more stress-free interview days I've attended. Each interview was ~30min. One open-file, one closed-file. They make a point of trying to make you feel relaxed. Mostly standard questions in the interview - nothing really caught me off guard. Only about 10 people in my interview group. We all got a tour of the building (which was really nice by the way) and ate lunch with M2s.
I've seen people complain about the area, and yeah, it's in north Philly which is not the nicest area of the city. But A) the area immediately surrounding the school is completely safe and has plenty of police presence and B) the ability to work with the underserved populations immediately surrounding the school is a big asset IMO. They said most students live in center city/south Philly and commute anyway.
Edit: I also just remembered to mention that you might have to go outside to a different building for your interview so make sure you're dressed appropriately for that!
Thanks for the info! We’re the interviews back to back, or did you have a break between them?
Mine were back to back but I think others had them separated (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). Everyone’s schedule was slightly different but we all did the tour and lunch at the same time.Thanks for the info! We’re the interviews back to back, or did you have a break between them?
I'm a little late but I got that sweet 3 am II on 12/24!! Complete 7/3
What dates are still available? I love this school!
What dates are still available? I love this school!
They're most likely scheduling into the week of the 28th now, but more dates will open up later on! Last week they had Jan 21 and 22.
malmed1025
Full Member
People on the waitlist who sent in an update letter, did you email or upload it?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Does Temple send pre II rejections?
Of course. They get like 10,000 applications a year. what medical school DOESN'T reject pre II??Does Temple send pre II rejections?
Emory... plenty of others tooOf course. They get like 10,000 applications a year. what medical school DOESN'T reject pre II??
II means interview invite not secondary. only a handful of medical school reject people before sending out a secondary.Emory... plenty of others too
Of course. They get like 10,000 applications a year. what medical school DOESN'T reject pre II??
I'm assuming they meant hard pre-II rejections throughout the interview cycle, rather than silent rejections.
By silent rejection, you mean not let applicant know? I thought all medical schools have to let applicants know if they are rejected at some point or another.I'm assuming they meant hard pre-II rejections throughout the interview cycle, rather than silent rejections.
malmed1025
Full Member
By silent rejection, you mean not let applicant know? I thought all medical schools have to let applicants know if they are rejected at some point or another.
Nope they don't have to, and some never do
That is just wrong. Every time I have asked an admissions officer if students get notified if they are rejected, they are like of course! As if it was a ridiculous question. So I just stopped asking.Nope they don't have to, and some never do
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is just wrong. Every time I have asked an admissions officer if students get notified if they are rejected, they are like of course! As if it was a ridiculous question. So I just stopped asking.
Unfortunately, plenty of previous applicants will say they were never notified of being rejected from some of their schools, despite what adcoms will say when asked directly.
Anyway, when someone is asking about pre-II rejections, I think the point they're wondering about is whether rejections are sent throughout the cycle and could come at any moment, or if the rejections are all sent at the very end of the cycle.
starbucksmedvanillaice
Full Member
Does anyone know if they will continue to release more dates for interviews? Just got my II this morning but my only options are for next week and I'm not in the area so I would need time to coordinate travel plans.
Does anyone know if they will continue to release more dates for interviews? Just got my II this morning but my only options are for next week and I'm not in the area so I would need time to coordinate travel plans.
Congrats on your II!! I had the same issue so I ended up emailing admissions and they were super nice about it. They just asked me to let them know which day would work best for me and scheduled me for the date I chose (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday only though).
starbucksmedvanillaice
Full Member
Congrats on your II!! I had the same issue so I ended up emailing admissions and they were super nice about it. They just asked me to let them know which day would work best for me and scheduled me for the date I chose (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday only though).
Thanks so much for this, I emailed them and they opened up more later dates!
I interviewed at the St. Luke's campus recently and absolutely loved it! Really hoping for an A from here