2019-2020 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received interview invite!

App submitted: 9/12
Initial review: 12/2
Final review: 12/24
Interview invitation: 1/29

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Current OMS-1 here. Can someone who's been accepted and is part of the Facebook group pm me so that I can be added?

Accepted via email 40 minutes ago!!! interviewed 1/27

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre ii waitlist since September 2. Anybody get interviews off of the hold. Super nervous

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted students, how did you set up your Touro email? I thought we got an email to our personal email addresses about it awhile back, but I can't seem to find it now.

Accepted students, how did you set up your Touro email? I thought we got an email to our personal email addresses about it awhile back, but I can't seem to find it now.

i went on Touro One’s portal, there should be steps on how to set it up there

Any housing recommendations from current TUNCOM students? I have a wife and a golden retriever so a two bedroom apartment would be ideal haha.

Accepted students check your Touro emails! We have some time sensitive stuff to get turned in I just saw it now.

Any housing recommendations from current TUNCOM students? I have a wife and a golden retriever so a two bedroom apartment would be ideal haha.
Congrts on your acceptance. I'm a current OMS-I and live at SPUR close to the school. It's really nice and it's a bit of a premium but my wife and I didn't want to worry about driving distance. It's pet friendly, theres a gym and nice pool area.

Also, my wife is a real estate agent here in Henderson, DM me if you'd like a little more range/support with your search. Congrats again and if you have anymore questions in general let me know! It's a small school can't wait to welcome the new class!

Just received final review email. Is that a high indication for II?

3.69 cgpa
3.68 sgpa. PM me if you have any other questions!

hey! I have similar stats and I was wondering if you’re someone who does really well with interviews. Did you feel like it went really well for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Touro Nevada class is full? I got an II but already have another A so if they are full I’d rather not spend the money to travel just for a WL chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted students check your Touro emails! We have some time sensitive stuff to get turned in I just saw it now.
Yooo thanks for this heads up I check sdn more than that email

II today.
Final review 2/18
Secondary sent 10/16.
Might be turning down II.

II today also. But when I went to sign up, it was for waitlist interview spots?

Available WL spots were 2/24 and 3/12.

Officially withdrew my application from here. Hopefully my interview goes to one of you! Good luck to everyone

For those got accepted, is anyone going to the acceptance day on 5/01?

Does anyone know what time does acceptance day start and end? I’m OOS so it’s helpful to know so I can arrange hotel etc lol

Does anyone know what time does acceptance day start and end? I’m OOS so it’s helpful to know so I can arrange hotel etc lol

I looked up the Acceptance Day 2019 on the school website and it was from 9am to 3pm. I’m not sure if they keep it the same though :)

Accepted with 502 mcat, 122 CARS! never lose hope!
Does anyone have a link to the accepted student Facebook group and any ideas on how to find roommates?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Do we still need documentation of 2 varicella vaccinations if we have a positive titer?

do we get any type of confirmation email after submitting the deposit?
Yes you do, but it takes a few days for them to receive the payment. I think I paid it on a Friday and got the confirmation on a Tuesday

Accepted students whats the consensus and family for acceptance day lol are you guys mostly also traveling alone?

How is this school about accepting sexual minorities into the class and having curriculum about healthcare disparities for sexual minorities?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Yes you do, but it takes a few days for them to receive the payment. I think I paid it on a Friday and got the confirmation on a Tuesday

do you receive it in your touro email or regular? Cause I submitted Tuesday and still haven’t gotten anything in either email. is it just a “thank you for your payment” email or other information sent to?

Does anybody know when they start sending financial aid packages?

Hello friends. I just got the "under final review" email late last night. This cycle has been really rough for me, so I hope this is a precursor to my first interview invite.

Also, should I send an update letter or is it too late/irrelevant at this point?

Last edited:
For those who were recently accepted, how many days did it take for you guys to get a confirmation email after submitting your deposit?

I was confused that you expected a tailored curriculum.

I don't see how my question would mean I wanted a tailored curriculum. I wanted to know if these things were discussed, addressed, etc within the curriculum. It is not yet addressed at many schools yet. I received a DM from a student that told me there are several optional lectures around this topic, so that's good they at least exist. This is an area of primary care I am very interested in as there are major disparities for that population/community I would like to help alleviate.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't see how my question would mean I wanted a tailored curriculum. I wanted to know if these things were discussed, addressed, etc within the curriculum. It is not yet addressed at many schools yet. I received a DM from a student that told me there are several optional lectures around this topic, so that's good they at least exist. This is an area of primary care I am very interested in as there are major disparities for that population/community I would like to help alleviate.

In that case I think many med schools including TUNCOM would help facilitate those goals. I have heard of optional lectures pertaining to LGBT centered healthcare at TUNCOM but I do not know if they are offered every year.
I would say that most environments aren't going to be openly hostile outside of LUCOM.
I commend your goals and wish you the best of luck!

Hello, SDN!

I got an interview invite this morning after receiving the "final review" email last week Monday.

Available dates were 3/12 (few slots in the afternoon), 3/23 (fully booked but there's a waitlist), and 3/31 (most of the spots were open). I chose to interview this Thursday for fear of diminishing spots. Judging from this thread it seems like they make decisions within two weeks, so people interviewing this week will be taking spots away from those interviewing at the end of the month. I couldn't see dates for April or May so I'm not sure if that's by design and you can't book that far in advance or if the cycle is finally coming to a close. Make what you will about that.

Best of luck to everyone else interviewing or still waiting to hear back. TUNCOM is a great school and I hope I get to continue what has been a very long personal journey with them.

Hello, SDN!

I got an interview invite this morning after receiving the "final review" email last week Monday.

Available dates were 3/12 (few slots in the afternoon), 3/23 (fully booked but there's a waitlist), and 3/31 (most of the spots were open). I chose to interview this Thursday for fear of diminishing spots. Judging from this thread it seems like they make decisions within two weeks, so people interviewing this week will be taking spots away from those interviewing at the end of the month. I couldn't see dates for April or May so I'm not sure if that's by design and you can't book that far in advance or if the cycle is finally coming to a close. Make what you will about that.

Best of luck to everyone else interviewing or still waiting to hear back. TUNCOM is a great school and I hope I get to continue what has been a very long personal journey with them.
Good luck! I hope we’ll become classmates :)

Under initial review as of tonight. Submitted late September. ORM, MCAT 503, GPA 3.5. Lizzy M 62.

Does anyone know if this school is receptive to updates? Since initial submission, I’ve gone from having no DO shadowing to 15hr, gotten promoted and worked about 950hrs in my new role, continued my volunteering and enrolled in Spanish for medical professionals. Seems like enough to merit an update email, I think.

In that case I think many med schools including TUNCOM would help facilitate those goals. I have heard of optional lectures pertaining to LGBT centered healthcare at TUNCOM but I do not know if they are offered every year.
I would say that most environments aren't going to be openly hostile outside of LUCOM.
I commend your goals and wish you the best of luck!

Lectures about marginalized groups shouldn’t be optional, especially at schools whose mission is service orientated. Providing compassionate care to all people isn’t a specific, niche goal for some practitioners. All practitioners should strive to address inequality and injustice in the health system. A school isn’t doing a good job if they meet the bare minimum of not being “openly hostile”. I don’t think I should have to explain why everyone needs to understand how implicit bias and outright discrimination have affected health outcomes in marginalized communities such people of color and people on lower incomes. The same goes for lgbtq folks. Trans people in particular have extremely high rates of suicide. Maybe it has something to do with healthcare professionals literally not understanding why lgbtq folks need specialized support or believing that it’s only the purview of a few healthcare practitioners...

I hope you all have a better response to patients in any marginalized communities suggesting they need specialized care than a few people here had to someone asking about what TUN is doing to address health disparities for lgbtq people.

• Okay...
Lectures about marginalized groups shouldn’t be optional, especially at schools whose mission is service orientated. Providing compassionate care to all people isn’t a specific, niche goal for some practitioners. All practitioners should strive to address inequality and injustice in the health system. A school isn’t doing a good job if they meet the bare minimum of not being “openly hostile”. I don’t think I should have to explain why everyone needs to understand how implicit bias and outright discrimination have affected health outcomes in marginalized communities such people of color and people on lower incomes. The same goes for lgbtq folks. Trans people in particular have extremely high rates of suicide. Maybe it has something to do with healthcare professionals literally not understanding why lgbtq folks need specialized support or believing that it’s only the purview of a few healthcare practitioners...

I hope you all have a better response to patients in any marginalized communities suggesting they need specialized care than a few people here had to someone asking about what TUN is doing to address health disparities for lgbtq people.
Well, take it up with the LCME and the recently embodied COCA board members who have made many efforts to standardized the curriculum in the united states. It should be pointed out that much of medical pre-clinical education is unfortunately self-taught, but at the very least there are opportunities to start clubs to promote a cause starting year 1. I recommend looking for a school that allows a lot of freedom with that. You are correct to point out that the lectures should not be optional but I maintain the pre-clinical curriculum isn't even that valuable versus, for instance, diverse experiences on the wards, rotations/clerkships etc. You very may well be able to elect to rotate at certain sites that provide an education that you are seeking and it won't be in the form of recorded lectures. win-win imo
Also, this attitude will hamper your success at any school. Good luck, I hope you have a better response and disposition to reality when you matriculate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Current students: are you able to do core rotations in a state outside of Nevada 3rd year? For example, In Cali Bay Area since there’s a touro in the Bay Area?

Hello, SDN!

Congratulations! Thank you for the information! Were you previously placed on the interview waitlist?