-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 UC Davis
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS. I interviewed on Feb 7. When do yall think I will hear back?
bluelight123
Full Member
OOS. I interviewed on Feb 7. When do yall think I will hear back?
On my interview day they said in 3-4 weeks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Placed on waitlist today. Heartbroken, since this is my top choice. Does anyone know what the chances of getting off of WL is?
On the bright side, at least it’s not a rejection.
Interviewed 1/31.
On the bright side, at least it’s not a rejection.
Interviewed 1/31.
Last edited:
dancingflagellum
Full Member
Also interviewed on 1/31 and have not heard back yet. Anyone else still waiting to hear?
Also interviewed on 1/31 and have not heard back yet. Anyone else still waiting to hear?
Oh wait, this is for UC Davis. I interviewed 2/7 there so I still have some hope. I am OOS though so the chances are slim
futuremdgjshvt
New Member
Has anyone who was accepted and applied to a track heard from their track program about interviews? Starting to get antsy...
I was accepted in December and applied to the tracks in January. I haven’t heard back yet either.
Which one? I thought you applied to the tracks when you completed your secondary?I was accepted in December and applied to the tracks in January. I haven’t heard back yet either.
I haven't heard back either and now I'm convinced I did it wrong
futuremdgjshvt
New Member
Which one? I thought you applied to the tracks when you completed your secondary?
I haven't heard back either and now I'm convinced I did it wrong
You have the option of applying to the tracks during your secondary app and following your acceptance to the school since they conduct special track interviews only after you’ve received an acceptance to the MD program.
You have the option of applying to the tracks during your secondary app and following your acceptance to the school since they conduct special track interviews only after you’ve received an acceptance to the MD program.
how did you apply to the tracks after submitting your secondary app? i believe this is what @Coffee&Medicine was asking as well.
futuremdgjshvt
New Member
how did you apply to the tracks after submitting your secondary app? i believe this is what @Coffee&Medicine was asking as well.
I apologize for missing the question earlier!
I emailed [email protected] and asked if I could apply to special track programs and they provided me with the prompts for the questions. I submitted my responses in mid Jan and received a confirmation email that my responses were forwarded to the Admissions committee for review.
I apologize for missing the question earlier!
I emailed [email protected] and asked if I could apply to special track programs and they provided me with the prompts for the questions. I submitted my responses in mid Jan and received a confirmation email that my responses were forwarded to the Admissions committee for review.
for what its worth, during my interview, i asked a current MS1 who was in a special track program regarding their timeline. they informed me they were contacted by the advisors of their program around March. my guess is the adcoms are waiting until a "complete class" is accepted before moving forward with the special applications just so peoples' time isn't being wasted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got waitlisted!
What day was your interview?
2/7What day was your interview?
Accepted in Oct. Applied to tracks in my secondary. Got invite to interview for a track program today!for what its worth, during my interview, i asked a current MS1 who was in a special track program regarding their timeline. they informed me they were contacted by the advisors of their program around March. my guess is the adcoms are waiting until a "complete class" is accepted before moving forward with the special applications just so peoples' time isn't being wasted.
TuhDuhTop
Plan B is to get Plan A to work.
Nice! Congrats! What track is this for? I'm holding out for PRIME.Accepted in Oct. Applied to tracks in my secondary. Got invite to interview for a track program today!
Thanks! It's for ACE-PC, their accelerated program in primary careNice! Congrats! What track is this for? I'm holding out for PRIME.
Just got waitlisted!
So, does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist? I remember seeing someone mention in last year's thread, that there is some decent movement off the waitlist between April and July.
Congrats to all the people who received acceptances!
Got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed 2/7
I interviewed 2/7 as well. Hope I hear back soon
Nvm. I was rejected
Does anyone know when will they release financial aid packages?
I asked the financial aid office, and they said scholarship offers will be going out mid-April but the actual award packages will be given "closer to school starting."Does anyone know when will they release financial aid packages?
We kinda need the whole offers to decide between schools though. What kind of scholarships does UC Davis usually offer?I asked the financial aid office, and they said scholarship offers will be going out mid-April but the actual award packages will be given "closer to school starting."
Agreed, seems problematic. I'm not sure what kind of scholarships they usually offer.We kinda need the whole offers to decide between schools though. What kind of scholarships does UC Davis usually offer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a zoom interview invite.
Got an interview invite for PRIME as well a few days agoHas anyone heard back from PRIME yet?
Questions for those who applied PRIME (except ACE-PC): Do you guys think that PRIME cater equally to students interested in all specialties? Given that STEP 1 is P/F, and PRIME students (rural and reach) spend considerable amount of time away from Sacramento where most resources are located and rotate in lesser known hospital systems, how would this affect their residency apps?
TuhDuhTop
Plan B is to get Plan A to work.
Got an interview invite for PRIME as well a few days ago
Right on! Hopefully, I get some love soon.
Does anyone know if there's been any movement on the Interview Waitlist?
WL movement tends to happen after April 30.
Speaking of which, does anyone know UC Davis's CTE deadline?
I am also on the interview waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet!Does anyone know if there's been any movement on the Interview Waitlist?
Has anyone had any luck getting feedback after a rejection? I have heard of people getting some but when I contacted the admissions office, they said they provide no feedback. That sucks because how can I know what to improve interviewise?
D
deleted918605
Withdrew my A
Good luck to all yall this cycle!
Good luck to all yall this cycle!
TuhDuhTop
Plan B is to get Plan A to work.
Congrats kpop! where ya headed this fall?Withdrew my A
Good luck to all yall this cycle!
PokemonCenterMD
New Member
Not yet. The suspense is killing me.Anyone from 2/14 hear back yet? Just curious.
Agree! I haven’t heard back eitherNot yet. The suspense is killing me.
D
deleted918605
Unsure yet but not Nor CalCongrats kpop! where ya headed this fall?
TrustySteed
Full Member
Anybody interviewing on 4/10?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BaxandWinny
Full Member
I am. Hoping to get bumped up to another date if someone cancels though.Anybody interviewing on 4/10?
TrustySteed
Full Member
I am. Hoping to get bumped up to another date if someone cancels though.
Best of luck, friend. I am planning on keeping my date. Maybe I will get to meet you!
Been on the II WL since February and have not heard anything. Last interview I believe is April 10.Anyone on the interview waitlist get offered an II recently?
interviewing in april.... are we gonna get cancelled?
Do you ask this because another medical school has suspended future interviews? Genuinely curious