2019-2020 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on II WL

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 1/10 and received my acceptance on 1/30! Really quick turn around! S/O Davis for taking me!!

Reactions: 4 users
Placed on waitlist today. Heartbroken, since this is my top choice. Does anyone know what the chances of getting off of WL is?

On the bright side, at least it’s not a rejection.

Interviewed 1/31.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewed on 1/31 and have not heard back yet. Anyone else still waiting to hear?

Has anyone who was accepted and applied to a track heard from their track program about interviews? Starting to get antsy...

Has anyone who was accepted and applied to a track heard from their track program about interviews? Starting to get antsy...

I was accepted in December and applied to the tracks in January. I haven’t heard back yet either.

I was accepted in December and applied to the tracks in January. I haven’t heard back yet either.
Which one? I thought you applied to the tracks when you completed your secondary?
I haven't heard back either and now I'm convinced I did it wrong

Which one? I thought you applied to the tracks when you completed your secondary?
I haven't heard back either and now I'm convinced I did it wrong

You have the option of applying to the tracks during your secondary app and following your acceptance to the school since they conduct special track interviews only after you’ve received an acceptance to the MD program.

You have the option of applying to the tracks during your secondary app and following your acceptance to the school since they conduct special track interviews only after you’ve received an acceptance to the MD program.

how did you apply to the tracks after submitting your secondary app? i believe this is what @Coffee&Medicine was asking as well.

how did you apply to the tracks after submitting your secondary app? i believe this is what @Coffee&Medicine was asking as well.

I apologize for missing the question earlier!

I emailed [email protected] and asked if I could apply to special track programs and they provided me with the prompts for the questions. I submitted my responses in mid Jan and received a confirmation email that my responses were forwarded to the Admissions committee for review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I apologize for missing the question earlier!

I emailed [email protected] and asked if I could apply to special track programs and they provided me with the prompts for the questions. I submitted my responses in mid Jan and received a confirmation email that my responses were forwarded to the Admissions committee for review.

for what its worth, during my interview, i asked a current MS1 who was in a special track program regarding their timeline. they informed me they were contacted by the advisors of their program around March. my guess is the adcoms are waiting until a "complete class" is accepted before moving forward with the special applications just so peoples' time isn't being wasted.

for what its worth, during my interview, i asked a current MS1 who was in a special track program regarding their timeline. they informed me they were contacted by the advisors of their program around March. my guess is the adcoms are waiting until a "complete class" is accepted before moving forward with the special applications just so peoples' time isn't being wasted.
Accepted in Oct. Applied to tracks in my secondary. Got invite to interview for a track program today!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted in Oct. Applied to tracks in my secondary. Got invite to interview for a track program today!
Nice! Congrats! What track is this for? I'm holding out for PRIME.

Just got the Revisit Day invite, looks like it's set for April 17th! Hope to see some of you there! :D

Got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed 2/7

Reactions: 3 users
Just got waitlisted!

So, does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist? I remember seeing someone mention in last year's thread, that there is some decent movement off the waitlist between April and July.

Congrats to all the people who received acceptances!

Does anyone know when will they release financial aid packages?

Does anyone know when will they release financial aid packages?
I asked the financial aid office, and they said scholarship offers will be going out mid-April but the actual award packages will be given "closer to school starting."

I asked the financial aid office, and they said scholarship offers will be going out mid-April but the actual award packages will be given "closer to school starting."
We kinda need the whole offers to decide between schools though. What kind of scholarships does UC Davis usually offer?

We kinda need the whole offers to decide between schools though. What kind of scholarships does UC Davis usually offer?
Agreed, seems problematic. I'm not sure what kind of scholarships they usually offer.

Questions for those who applied PRIME (except ACE-PC): Do you guys think that PRIME cater equally to students interested in all specialties? Given that STEP 1 is P/F, and PRIME students (rural and reach) spend considerable amount of time away from Sacramento where most resources are located and rotate in lesser known hospital systems, how would this affect their residency apps?

Does anyone know if there's been any movement on the Interview Waitlist?

Does anyone know if there's been any movement on the Interview Waitlist?

WL movement tends to happen after April 30.

Speaking of which, does anyone know UC Davis's CTE deadline?

Has anyone had any luck getting feedback after a rejection? I have heard of people getting some but when I contacted the admissions office, they said they provide no feedback. That sucks because how can I know what to improve interviewise?

Withdrew my A
Good luck to all yall this cycle!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone from 2/14 hear back yet? Just curious.

Anyone on the interview waitlist get offered an II recently?