2019-2020 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard of any WL movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently on the alternate list--I sent an email to the admissions committee explaining that they were still my top choice but that I have a CTE coming up for another school so I was looking for any alternate list updates. They replied today saying that "since there has been no movement from the acceptance list, the committee has been unable to review applicants from the alternate list. If anything changes, we will let you know via email or telephone call."

Currently on the alternate list--I sent an email to the admissions committee explaining that they were still my top choice but that I have a CTE coming up for another school so I was looking for any alternate list updates. They replied today saying that "since there has been no movement from the acceptance list, the committee has been unable to review applicants from the alternate list. If anything changes, we will let you know via email or telephone call."
Wow thats crazy !!!!! no WL movement wow that sucks

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah they have said that for weeks every time I contact them. I don't think anyone is getting off unfortunately. Dr. Osborn talks about how the alternate list has changed at Irvine in a podcast posted above.

Isn't today the CTE date? Any news about WL movement?

Today is the CTE and per accepted students they will be enforcing the CTE deadline. Likely WL won’t hear anything today, since the committee will have to meet and decide which applicants to take off the list to replace those giving up their acceptance. Also since 4th of July is this weekend, I’m guessing those admitted off the WL will hear back next week. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Messaged them on Monday and was told that there has been no movement from their accepted list. Maybe that will change after today.

Reactions: 2 users
how did you contact them? I left a message but haven’t gotten a response. Has anyone heard of WL movement?

I just removed myself from the alternate list in favor of another UC that let me in last minute, I hope that if there is waitlist movement you guys get into UCI!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I hate to bring bad news to this thread, but per admissions, still no WL movement. Seems like they had a great yield this year. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I hate to bring bad news to this thread, but per admissions, still no WL movement. Seems like they had a great yield this year. :(
CA must be in high demand this year...this is even including the ~50 spots that cleared up due to Kaiser.

What would happen if you don't pull out of the waitlist even if you've "committed to enroll" to another school?

Members don't see this ad :)
What would happen if you don't pull out of the waitlist even if you've "committed to enroll" to another school?
When I committed to enroll at another institution, another school I was waitlisted at sent me an email acknowledging my decision to CTE to another school and dropped me from their waitlist.
Now, not sure if they are notified by AMCAS CTE (although most likely) or by my own school’s CTE on their portal. Either way, hope that helps :)

When I committed to enroll at another institution, another school I was waitlisted at sent me an email acknowledging my decision to CTE to another school and dropped me from their waitlist.
Now, not sure if they are notified by AMCAS CTE (although most likely) or by my own school’s CTE on their portal. Either way, hope that helps :)
Got it. I recently dropped UCI (but like a month after my current school's CTE) and did not hear anything back from Irvine. I wonder if they even care at this point lol

Got it. I recently dropped UCI (but like a month after my current school's CTE) and did not hear anything back from Irvine. I wonder if they even care at this point lol
You’re golden. They probably just have a lot of other things to focus on right now with the pandemic. Congratulations on getting in though! Yay med school 2020

Anybody else still waiting on the deferred acceptance decision?

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, is there a timeline for that one? After classes start and its official we're not getting off WL? Or would we already know by now
Last year‘s applicants were notified mid July that they weren’t selected for deferred acceptance. But I think they were still kept on the waitlist after!

Just got the email that they're no longer accepting any new people for class of 2024. Hope some of u here got the deferred acceptance or got off WL in time

Also just got that email. I asked a few weeks back about the deferral program timeline and they replied saying applicants would be considered after the 2024 class matriculates. So hopefully within the next few weeks decisions will come out. Who knows if they’ll make any offers, though, or if they will notify us if we aren’t selected.

Also just got that email. I asked a few weeks back about the deferral program timeline and they replied saying applicants would be considered after the 2024 class matriculates. So hopefully within the next few weeks decisions will come out. Who knows if they’ll make any offers, though, or if they will notify us if we aren’t selected.
Anyone here re-applying this cycle and waiting on secondary? Not sure if they're holding off on sending it. I've seen people posting in the 2021 thread that they received secondary for this year

Anyone here re-applying this cycle and waiting on secondary? Not sure if they're holding off on sending it. I've seen people posting in the 2021 thread that they received secondary for this year
Me!

Waiting for secondary, got R email today - hopefully they send one out soon

Just got the email that they're no longer accepting any new people for class of 2024. Hope some of u here got the deferred acceptance or got off WL in time
+2 on the R email. Might I say that was the nicest rejection I have ever received? Definitely makes me love UCI even more haha but congrats to the Class of 2024!

Per admissions, all deferral decisions have been made. Congratulations to all those admitted! Good luck to all of you re-applying and all of the new MS-1s! I’ll play us out +pity+

Per admissions, all deferral decisions have been made. Congratulations to all those admitted! Good luck to all of you re-applying and all of the new MS-1s! I’ll play us out +pity+

Is the top confirmed? I haven't gotten any emails about deferrals...holding out hope haha

Is the top confirmed? I haven't gotten any emails about deferrals...holding out hope haha

I asked them today about it, they said all decisions were made, but I never got an official e-mail beforehand. I encourage someone else to reach out and confirm if this is true for everybody.

II received for PRIME-LC/MD Program!

Application complete 7/24

Super pumped! Please let me in UCI!!! XD
Hi! I know you got in last year but hoping you can help me--I am interviewing for PRIME LC in a couple weeks and wanted to know if you can get in without Spanish fluency? I cant roll my r's and don't know some words but I can generally hold a conversation lol. Also, do you remember what questions are asked? Thanks a ton and congrats on such an awesome program!

Hello to the ghosts of UCI applicants past...
Can any of you attest to hearing or being notified about a deferred acceptance last year? Feeling very antsy around this July 1 CTE date and hoping very hard that UCI releases decisions soon after.

Holding out some hope too that they might use a strategy of “unconditional acceptance” (I.e. accepted for next year’s incoming class but if a spot opens up in this year’s class it might go to you).

if you have info on when people heard about deferrals last year (early, mid July, or later), please share! And feel free to DM if you’d prefer that. Many thanks!

Hello to the ghosts of UCI applicants past...
Can any of you attest to hearing or being notified about a deferred acceptance last year? Feeling very antsy around this July 1 CTE date and hoping very hard that UCI releases decisions soon after.

Holding out some hope too that they might use a strategy of “unconditional acceptance” (I.e. accepted for next year’s incoming class but if a spot opens up in this year’s class it might go to you).

if you have info on when people heard about deferrals last year (early, mid July, or later), please share! And feel free to DM if you’d prefer that. Many thanks!
They actually didn’t use the deferred acceptance option last year at all.