2019-2020 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+4 and after receiving UCSD and UCLA i am not happy with SF's tactics.

honestly I'm almost happy not to have another 2 week timer on me quite yet

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also have not received the secondary (MD-PhD), trying my best to curb the neuroticism lol

Reactions: 2 users
Also have not received the secondary (MD-PhD), trying my best to curb the neuroticism lol

Judging from your LM/WARS I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes...

I have a LizzyM of 78 and WARS in the 90s, and in-state (for what it's worth). Still no secondary yet either

Reactions: 1 user
1. Applicants are interviewed by invitation only. Please note that we do not conduct regional interviews. Interviews are scheduled from September to February (days vary). Please let us know if you will be out of the country during the interview season. (300 words)

2. If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below. (500 words)

3. If you are 2019 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)

@PapaGuava

I have a LizzyM of 78 and WARS in the 90s, and in-state (for what it's worth). Still no secondary yet either

Yeah, I'm also a bit confused because my app was verified on the first day, but I think we're trying to make sense out of nonsense...

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah, I'm also a bit confused because my app was verified on the first day, but I think we're trying to make sense out of nonsense...

In the same boat here haha. I feel like they're just randomly going through apps. I was verified first day too.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know if you apply to the MD/PRIME program and don't get accepted are you automatically considered for only MD? - thanks!

You are considered for MD first, although there are PRIME interview days where you get more information about PRIME. After you get accepted for MD, there is another interview for PRIME that, if I remember correctly, can be done via video call. My sources are previous UCSF SDN threads and an accepted UCSF PRIME student.

Just got secondary! IS

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp still waiting on this one...have lower stats but have lots of ties to this school so crossing my fingers I get one soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah WA is way at the bottom so maybe that's why i haven't gotten one yet lol

Hmm, CT is at the top, so hopefully they started in the middle and are working outwards.

• Haha
For those OOS residents who got secondaries today, when were your apps verified?

Yeah WA is way at the bottom so maybe that's why i haven't gotten one yet lol

How do we know they go by state, and that WA is on the bottom? Fellow WA resident still hoping for a secondary!

How do we know they go by state, and that WA is on the bottom? Fellow WA resident still hoping for a secondary!
I think they meant if it's alphabetical... but we don't know how they're actually doing this

Do they have a re-applicant prompt? If so, how many words/characters do they allow?

Secondary just received! Ahhhhhhh so excited. This is a top 3 for me

Ah shoot, here I go spamming refresh in my email again.

As in i got UCSD and UCLA, both of which screen similarly to SF. But no secondary from UCSF yet... a real shame
Oh I see. Why do you care? you'll get a secondary, almost everyone does. You have to have really chocked on your primary to not get a secondary

Oh I see. Why do you care? you'll get a secondary, almost everyone does. You have to have really chocked on your primary to not get a secondary

Really? I hear only like 3000 secondaries go out, something like 30-40% of the primary apps? Is this wrong?

Really? I hear only like 3000 secondaries go out, something like 30-40% of the primary apps? Is this wrong?
IDK, but bruh.... 30-40% is a lot lmaoo. Like I said, if you did the bare minimum on the stuff you read here on SDN (clinical volunteer, work with underserved, shadowing, basic research, decent gpa/mcat), you'll get a secondary. Now an interview is a whole different matter. But trust me, you will get a secondary.

IDK, but bruh.... 30-40% is a lot lmaoo. Like I said, if you did the bare minimum on the stuff you read here on SDN (clinical volunteer, work with underserved, shadowing, basic research, decent gpa/mcat), you'll get a secondary. Now an interview is a whole different matter. But trust me, you will get a secondary.

I like your confidence. I will be patient :)

Reactions: 4 users
Any other MSTP applicants having trouble copying/pasting into the "Why UCSF MSTP" prompt?

For MSTP applicants: how long are you making the "your role" section for the research experience?

For MSTP applicants: how long are you making the "your role" section for the research experience?

Mine is pretty succinct (no more than 100 words) because I cover it a lot in the "meaningful research experiences" essay.

Just got a secondary!!