2019-2020 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received, IS with LM 75, verified 6/28

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received tonight!! I had lost hope but what a pleasant surprise. I was verified in early June

Reactions: 2 users
Dear pals,

If I apply to PRIME and get an interview, will I only be considered for the PRIME program? Or will I also be considered for the main pool? Many thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Dear pals,

If I apply to PRIME and get an interview, will I only be considered for the PRIME program? Or will I also be considered for the main pool? Many thanks!

Who the hell knows...?
Why don’t you just email the school

Any point in sending a primary here or just too late to get a secondary back at this point?

When does the 3-10 week period begin?
Plain Amcas verification (early June), OR verification +Mcat score received date (early July).
UCSF OOS is only secondary not received of 22 primaries. Fortunate to already have 3 IIs. (LM 83)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Plain Amcass verification (early June), OR verification +Mcat score received date (early July).
UCSF OOS is only secondary not received of 22 primaries. Fortunate to already have 3 IIs. (LM 83)
I imagine you'll get one eventually.

Plain Amcass verification (early June), OR verification +Mcat score received date (early July).

LM 83? Give us mortals a chance. You will probably get one eventually.

for prompt 1 - did any of you two pick 2 totally different activities to talk about? i want to talk about an art hobby and a volunteering experience and just into them by saying these are the most important acitviires i have

for prompt 1 - did any of you two pick 2 totally different activities to talk about? i want to talk about an art hobby and a volunteering experience and just into them by saying these are the most important acitviires i have

I did two activities

Finally received! Verified 7/11, IS

Last edited:
Did all of you answer prompt 2? I don’t really have any updates and feel like I explained my activities thoroughly in my primary

how much did you guys write for prompt 1? what did you write? i want to discuss an artistic pursuit but its only 250 words

I was almost typo free this season but just submitted after what I thought was a thorough re-read. Somehow after reading my essay 5x I didn’t notice I said “University of San Francisco School of Medicine” until after I submitted

• Haha
It really does seem to be feast or famine when it comes to getting interviews. On SDN it seems like everybody has interviews while on reddit premed every third post is about having no IIs

Reactions: 7 users
Next June people will still be writing “Don’t worry it’s still early! Relax” on the reddit

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Next June people will still be writing “Don’t worry it’s still early! Relax” on the reddit

I wonder what the lurker ratio is on sdn though; I mainly just lurk but just started posting recently. Gotta rep for the no II gang

Reactions: 4 users
I just lurk the reddit but to me it seems like the blind leading the blind. Here you get verified expert opinions. They also overuse “muh neurotic premed attitude. I’m very neurotic guys trust me.” At least here it’s used in proper context when it’s warranted.

I wonder what the lurker ratio is on sdn though; I mainly just lurk but just started posting recently. Gotta rep for the no II gang
I'm still repping the no secondary gang O.O trying to stay hopeful...

To those who got secondaries already, how many days did it take for you to get it after UCSF received your primary?

I called UCSF last week. They release secondaries in order of primary receipt in almost all cases. They are currently up to around 7/15 7/16 or so. Relax.....!

ETA: this is what the woman told me and it has been holding true so far.

Reactions: 4 users