2019-2020 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Colorado

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their website says the earliest filing date for secondaries is July 2nd. Have they sent any out?

Secondary received, OOS MD/PhD

Reactions: 1 user
OOS secondary received.

In addition to the prompts that are the same as last year. there is an added essay box if you select interest in the colorado springs 3rd year program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the abreviation for the school's name is? Is it UC?

Just got a secondary!
Anyone know if they send out invites without CASPer?
To reach 'complete status' and prior to an interview invite, you must complete CASPer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I submitted secondary but it says my CASPer results are not delivered yet. On my CASPer account it says results have been delivered to UC Denver, and all the other schools on my account have marked that they have received my CASPer. Am I missing something?

I submitted secondary but it says my CASPer results are not delivered yet. On my CASPer account it says results have been delivered to UC Denver, and all the other schools on my account have marked that they have received my CASPer. Am I missing something?
Give them a few business days and see if the status changes to 'delivered'. Sometimes the schools still need to download the results from the CASPer company. Wait 1 week before calling admissions office.

Any one know the significant of the Colorado Springs? I'm looking at the website, but cant find anything explicitly stated besides the location and # of students who get to go

Anyone IS receive secondary yet? I called admissions and they said they are sending them out in waves but just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

Anyone IS receive secondary yet? I called admissions and they said they are sending them out in waves but just want to make sure I'm not the only one.
Nope. None of my friends or I have received it yet.

To IS applicants this cycle: I hope I can ease some of your nerves. Sometimes they send secondaries and II to OOS students first because they have to travel further and may request a different interview date (they only interview 2 Fridays a month) so don't panic if you are still waiting. I waited almost 3 weeks after primary verification last cycle to receive secondary. Wishing you the best. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS not receive secondary yet

Reactions: 3 users
Is it me or is the secondary just a diversity/hardship statement? I looked up their mission statement and it seems pretty generic

Are you supposed to only use 1500 characters total for both secondaries?

Sent in primary 7/16, secondary received 7/18. OOS.

I submitted my AMCAS on 5/31, was verified on 6/10, and still haven't received a secondary. Anyone else in the same boat? OOS.

Reactions: 5 users
No way 1500 characters including spaces is 300 words. Did they mean without spaces?

Reactions: 1 users
I am OOS from a rural background, so I am interested in the rural track, but when selecting there is a drop-down essay with the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado."

How is someone that has never been to Colorado but is interested in rural medicine supposed to answer this? Is the rural track only meant for IS applicants? Any advice would be appreciated

I submitted my AMCAS on 5/31, was verified on 6/10, and still haven't received a secondary. Anyone else in the same boat? OOS.
Samsies. They seem to be sending out random waves, I don't think we need to stress yet.

YET

I am OOS from a rural background, so I am interested in the rural track, but when selecting there is a drop-down essay with the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado."

How is someone that has never been to Colorado but is interested in rural medicine supposed to answer this? Is the rural track only meant for IS applicants? Any advice would be appreciated

I would describe your experience and commitment to rural communities. It doesn't necessarily have to be a deal-breaker if you have no experience with Colorado, but make sure you answer the rural portion of the question well.

Reactions: 2 users
This is odd. I literally added the school last night and received my secondary today. Oos
Samsies. They seem to be sending out random waves, I don't think we need to stress yet.

YET

Does someone have a link to the goals/mission of the university to connect with part b?