2019-2020 University of Pennsylvania

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Penn is ignoring 84's, along with almost every other school I applied to
Sorry to hear that. That is kind of surprising since there can't be many 85s around.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nice flex
I didn’t mean it as a flex, I was making fun of myself for potentially not ending up with an acceptance with a LM84.

An acceptance with a 500 has way more value than no acceptances with a high MCAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It’s not a flex, I was making fun of myself for potentially not ending up with an acceptance with a LM84.

An acceptance with a 500 has way more value than no acceptances with a high MCAT.
sorry, wrong choice of banter. I hope everything works out for you. no acceptances here either! wooot

anyone know if penn is still sending out II, still on that pre-II ghost

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if admissions mentioned a specific time frame we should send updates after our interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when 2nd look will be and/or the date when decisions are released?

Members don't see this ad :)
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejected, ladies and gentlemen!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back :D

Got that R letter. Honestly, these were all the schools now I expected them from, and like everyone is saying it was very nice

• Sad
RRRRRejected. I have now had the pleasure of being rejected from Penn twice - first in undergrad and now for med school :lol:

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
+whatever R. Now that’s how you reject people.. Tbh it was the nicest rejection letter I’ve gotten.

anyone want to post the language that makes it nice? I'm curious
I’m rereading it and I’m wondering if my emotions are numb or if I’m just too cynical or if I’m a high maintenance diva but it just sounds like a generic letter not worth brainspace.

Reactions: 5 users
"Dear _____________,

First and foremost, we would like to sincerely thank you for your interest in and application for admission to the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. It was our privilege to review your file within an applicant pool that continues to be truly outstanding in quality. With this impressive pool come difficult decisions, as there are far more well-qualified students than we can interview and accept.

Although we regrettably are unable to offer you a position in our 2020 entering class, we wish you every success in pursuing your goals.

Sincerely,

The Committee on Admission
Perelman School of Medicine"

Dear [redacted but #STEWART],

First and foremost, we would like to sincerely thank you for your interest in and application for admission to the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. It was our privilege to review your file within an applicant pool that continues to be truly outstanding in quality. With this impressive pool come difficult decisions, as there are far more well-qualified students than we can interview and accept.

Although we regrettably are unable to offer you a position in our 2020 entering class, we wish you every success in pursuing your goals.

Sincerely,

The Committee on Admission
Perelman School of Medicine

I don't understand the importance of having a "nice" rejection letter. They are all the same draft sent out to thousands of applicants so it really didn't matter. I wouldn't be bugged if it said "status update: rejected".

sorry to everyone who got the R today!
will the people who interviewed also hear back soon, or will it be in March? thank you!

I've come to realize I generally only post when rejected.

R

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
I don't understand the importance of having a "nice" rejection letter. They are all the same draft sent out to thousands of applicants so it really didn't matter. I wouldn't be bugged if it said "status update: rejected".
For me, a well-written and kind rejection letter shows an appreciation for all the work that I have put in to applying to their school. Even if they didn't want me in the end, they still want me to know that my effort and accomplishments are recognized. I find it to be a considerate way to deliver the news, and although the same message gets sent out to thousands of people, that doesn't take away from the fact that the school spent at least a small amount of time crafting a thoughtful message conveying the respect that they have for each applicant.

Rejected!! Good luck to everyone :D

• Sad
Got the R today but I can't say I'm surprised ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pre-II R today as well. Good luck everyone else!

Also the nicest R rejection letter of this cycle. Thanks for not stepping all over my already wounded ego lol

Wow this has been very quiet...!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn’t wanna spoil the zen. Besides, I know everyone is just staring at their calendars for March.