2019-2020 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!! It's scheduled for the same date as another one of my interviews though and UTMB says they don't reschedule...

Yeah, I just emailed the person they said to confirm with and said I had another interview I already committed to and asked if I could obtain another interview date. I'm sure it's fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I just emailed the person they said to confirm with and said I had another interview I already committed to and asked if I could obtain another interview date. I'm sure it's fine.
Although they are tough in emails, if your request is reasonable, they will accommodate one date change.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!! It's scheduled for the same date as another one of my interviews though and UTMB says they don't reschedule...
If you have a conflict like this and call right away and let them know, and ask politely if there could be another date available, they will offer you a different date.
What they don't want: you to commit to a date, then later call and say you don't want it. That would be considered rescheduling.

If you have a conflict like this and call right away and let them know, and ask politely if there could be another date available, they will offer you a different date.
What they don't want: you to commit to a date, then later call and say you don't want it. That would be considered rescheduling.

This.
They explain it on their website as well:
Interview Schedule

Also, these are all the interview dates for UTMB for this year. It says on that page that they send II approximately 4 weeks in advance so don't lose hope yet y'all!

Ahh mine was transmitted June 24th and I haven't received a confirmation yet.. should I be worried?
I transmitted 6/28 and received an interview invite and never received a confirmation yet so I wouldn't be worried!

Members don't see this ad :)
II today for Sep 20. Best of luck to all!

Ugh was excited about getting a II but not very promising considering the number they give out vs acceptances :/

I submitted my primary 6/25 Transmitted 7/10 and I still have not received a confirmation email from UTMB. Should I contact their admissions or is this a normal wait period?

They give out 1100 interviews

They have a larger class of about 230. Assuming they accept about 400, the chances of getting accepted isn't much different than other Texas schools.

Reactions: 4 users
They have a larger class of about 230. Assuming they accept about 400, the chances of getting accepted isn't much different than other Texas schools.

ah okay well thank you for this!!! makes me feel better to some degree lol

I submitted my primary 6/25 Transmitted 7/10 and I still have not received a confirmation email from UTMB. Should I contact their admissions or is this a normal wait period?

Many people that submitted in June are not getting confirmation emails before II. Don’t worry about it.

Most Texas schools interview 600-800 people and accept ~300-400, statistically odds are lower at utmb for post II

Reactions: 1 user
transmitted mid-late june and still radio silence

did anyone happen to check when their second/third round of interviews were?

transmitted mid-late june and still radio silence

did anyone happen to check when their second/third round of interviews were?

Last year the next batch of interviews was sent out 3 weeks after the first.

On 7/29, they were giving out interview spots for 9/6, 9/13, and 9/20 so that sounds about right

It's definitely going to be a long cycle so hold on there

On 7/29, they were giving out interview spots for 9/6, 9/13, and 9/20 so that sounds about right

It's definitely going to be a long cycle so hold on there
Also, it doesnt matter whether you interview earlier or later. Don't let the dates mess with your head. I know some who interviewed the first week and matched noplace, and those who interviewed in December and got in, and any combination and permutation you can imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone who interviewed on Aug 2 have any advice or thoughts for future interviewers? Thanks!

Reactions: 9 users
UTMB was as friendly and chill as they say. Great experience

Reactions: 12 users
Anyone heard back from AMWA’s housing? Paid but have not heard any details about my host or anything

Does anyone know the best way to get from Austin to Galveston for their interview? I'm thinking of driving all the way but is there any transportation I can take from the Hobby airport to Galveston if I fly into Houston?

Does anyone know the best way to get from Austin to Galveston for their interview? I'm thinking of driving all the way but is there any transportation I can take from the Hobby airport to Galveston if I fly into Houston?
Hobby to Galveston : Galveston Express (van that serves hotels) will take you directly to your Galveston hotel. It is about $65 round trip, or you can book one-way if you'd rather Uber or Lyft your way back directly from the med school instead of returning to your hotel.
Anyone flying in, be sure to fly in to Hobby Airport (IAH airport much farther away!)

I’m an OOS non-trad with a really low overall GPA (3.05) but a strong MCAT. I got an II 2 or 3 weeks ago for Sept 20. Being that they have high GPA students there, I was pleasantly surprised to get an invite. Maybe they’re taking a more holistic approach this year?

For those who already interviewed, at what time did all of the events end? I'm interviewing this Friday!

For those who already interviewed, at what time did all of the events end? I'm interviewing this Friday!
4:15! The schedule says 4:45 which should be the latest.good luck! You’ll love it

Do they send all updates via email? Or is there an applicant portal even though there is no secondary?

UTMB needs casper results before considering your app for an II right?

For those of you who have interviewed already, did you guys ever receive a confirmation email with more details on interview day the week of the interview?

For those of you who have interviewed already, did you guys ever receive a confirmation email with more details on interview day the week of the interview?

There was not another email. There was however a reminder for the social the night before!

The first email included quite a few attachments regarding interview day. If you received the same email, there’s not more info that you need

II today. Excited to see this campus and their program.

II today. Excited to see this campus and their program.

Do you mind sharing when your application was transmitted and when the CASPER results were delivered?
Thanks