2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
so do they only give out IIs when theyre office is open or can it be anytime aka its automated?

Honestly, based on their timing, it seems like they sent their interview invites before heading home for the weekend. Just my $0.02 though!

Do any of you with an II have a complete email? Or did your portal ever change from complete to under review?

Are IIs generally sent out chronologically based on when you submitted? Submitted my secondary 7/29 so if that's the case I would theoretically get my II soon

Are IIs generally sent out chronologically based on when you submitted? Submitted my secondary 7/29 so if that's the case I would theoretically get my II soon
No at most schools applications are prioritized almost immediately.

I got a II last year in December. This process just takes Soooo long
Last year I got an II in MARCH. At a school where I was complete in JULY. When they say it's a marathon not a sprint, they aren't kidding around.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
something like 95 percent of applicants probably have 0.
Trust me, I never expected to be in this situation (my stats aren't fantastic). I totally get that I sound greedy wanting more IIs and I'll take it down a notch.

Reactions: 1 user
Wonder if SDNers have more due to self selecting sample or advice from the site. Hmm

Wonder if SDNers have more due to self selecting sample or advice from the site. Hmm
Well, n=1 but all my advice came from reddit and not here, I didn’t join SDN until right before I applied. Given a fair amount of the advice is the same, but... it probably is a bit of both. I think being well-informed when you go into this process goes a long way, every day I see so many questions and think to myself “you’re only asking this now? After you’ve submitted your application?” and I’m starting to think that a fair number of applicants honestly just never stand a chance.

Trust me, I never expected to be in this situation (my stats aren't fantastic). I totally get that I sound greedy wanting more IIs and I'll take it down a notch.
Hey I’m not saying it in a “you shouldn’t be happy about it way”. I’m so happy for you!!! I’m saying congrats it’s such an awesome accomplishment. I’m sure you worked very hard.

• Love
Do you think getting over a fear of public speaking is a non-academic challenge that I'd be able to use for the challenge prompt?

Really having a difficult time choosing only one answer for the "what made you choose to apply" scroll down question on the secondary. o_O

First II received!
IS, LM 75, ORM, Complete 8/16

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing on 9/21 if anyone wants to either split for an AirBnB and/or explore town with me that weekend!

Interviewing on 9/21 if anyone wants to either split for an AirBnB and/or explore town with me that weekend!

Also interviewing on 9/21, but I won't be in town long enough to do that :(

One of my top choices. Show me some love UVM!

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone figure out about why our portal can show that LORs aren't received despite the LORs being listed in the document status section? It subsequently keeps me from being marked complete. Do I need to call admissions or anything or is this just something they need to process?

Anyone figure out about why our portal can show that LORs aren't received despite the LORs being listed in the document status section? It subsequently keeps me from being marked complete. Do I need to call admissions or anything or is this just something they need to process?

Can't remember if that happened for me at UVM, but it definitely happened a few places this cycle. I'd give it a week and see if it resolves. If not, contact them.

usually takes a bit for them to process

Does anyone know if UVM reviews app without LORs received or does the entire file need to be complete?

So.... would it look bad if I only use 250 of the 500 word limit that they provided?

In the FAQ of the secondary they gave an example format:

Age1 - Age2 Location1 Population Size
Age2 - Age3 Location2 Population Size

not a big deal if you didnt do that though.
Where did you find this FAQ? I made a note to myself to look through it, but I can't find it!

For the speeding ticket question, I've gotten a few but they all been converted to parking tickets by the district attorney. So technically, did I get one?

Almost got a speeding ticket today! Let off with a warning

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Almost got a speeding ticket today! Let off with a warning
Did you tell the cop that getting a ticket would mean you can’t become a doctor?

You know what, actually I think I’m gonna use that if I ever need to.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Did you tell the cop that getting a ticket would mean you can’t become a doctor?

You know what, actually I think I’m gonna use that if I ever need to.
I was going to mention the implications but he immediately said I was getting a warning!

Reactions: 4 users