2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depends on the state, I would look it up to make sure. I know for a fact in Ohio they are
That's so crazy. Like why do you need to put that on my permanent record. If I get five or do 90 in a school zone sure, but come on.

Members don't see this ad.

Jesus I didn't even know this... Does this mean I need to send an update about it to schools that asked if I have any misdemeanors (and I said no)?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus I didn't even know this... Does this mean I need to send an update about it to schools that asked if I have any misdemeanors (and I said no)?

I would ask adcom on here and/or check with a lawyer or something bc it depends on the state and some schools do care about small things like even a traffic ticket. How one speeding or parking ticket impedes one’s ability to be a doctor is beyond me, but I would still check just to be sure.

• Sad

I was in your same boat and essentially just emailed all schools that accept email updates and told them about the situation and the mistake made. A lot of schools said that it happens multiple times a cycle and wouldn't hinder my application. Obviously, the sooner you get going with this, the better.

I was in your same boat and essentially just emailed all schools that accept email updates and told them about the situation and the mistake made. A lot of schools said that it happens multiple times a cycle and wouldn't hinder my application. Obviously, the sooner you get going with this, the better.

Thanks so much for sharing! So you didn’t submit any portal updates? Just emailed every school? What if schools didn’t respond to your emails?

Edit: one last thing, can you tell me how you worded the emails? You can pm me if you’d like!

Thanks so much for sharing! So you didn’t submit any portal updates? Just emailed every school? What if schools didn’t respond to your emails?

Edit: one last thing, can you tell me how you worded the emails? You can pm me if you’d like!

So I first checked all the schools I applied to, verifying if they accept email updates. Some do not (Georgetown) but most do. I essentially told them, "It has come to my recent attention that there is a mistake on my primary application regarding any criminal offenses. At the time of filling out the primary, I was unaware that traffic tickets are considered misdemeanors in my state. On _________ day _________ year I received a traffic violation. If you are able to add this to my application file it would be much appreciated, if the school prefers an update through the secondary application portal I can do that instead. Thank you."

All 17 of the schools I emailed got back to me within a day. I think 4-5 asked to submit the update through the portal and the others added it to my file for me. Like I said, most schools were very understanding and noted it would not negatively hinder my application. Some even thanked me for being honest and forward about the issue. I hope this helps!

If I got a speeding ticket in a state where it is a misdemeanor but I did the driving school course that gets it dismissed, is that still something I'd have to report?

are these guys going to send out interviews? jesus. looks like the last wave was three weeks ago

Reactions: 4 users
do most people answer the additional optional question for a Why Vermont, or do most leave it blank?

I used it as an app update + why vermont. I think you'd be kinda crazy not to utilize the space to at least elaborate on why you want to go there, but I could be wrong.

do most people answer the additional optional question for a Why Vermont, or do most leave it blank?
I went back to check and I used my diversity essay there, which was really my big “I’m amazing and you want me at your school, here’s why” essay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think It would be worth the fee to apply tomorrow or wednesday, or is this school rolling? just discovered UVM :( and was late in this process. high stat applicant.
Dude its September 9th its not worth applying in October. But thousands of people apply in September to schools and get accepted.

Anyone IIing weekend of the 21st and wanna split airbnb or meet up to explore lmk! This plane ticket cost is wild

Anyone IIing weekend of the 21st and wanna split airbnb or meet up to explore lmk! This plane ticket cost is wild

I'm also interviewing on the 21st! The plane ticket cost is insane dude, so I'm flying into New Hampshire and driving 2 1/2 hours to Burlington to save money. I've already got a hotel room booked, but I look forward to meeting you on interview day!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
II just now
OOS complete, 8/14

Woo:)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I was also part of that II wave today. Was complete 7/14. Stats in sig but for mobile users a 67 LizzyM.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
If any of y'all 10/25'ers want to come in the day before and hang out im here for it

Reactions: 2 users
If any of y'all 10/25'ers want to come in the day before and hang out im here for it

I might be able to do that cause all of the flights seem to get there pretty late the night before the interview so I might as well get there one day earlier.

So if anyone else that’s 10/25 wants to stay at the Hilton Doubletree (the school-sponsored hotel, way too boujee for me usually) we can eat dinner/hang out the night before. I’m into it.

So if anyone else that’s 10/25 wants to stay at the Hilton Doubletree (the school-sponsored hotel, way too boujee for me usually) we can eat dinner/hang out the night before. I’m into it.

Did you call and get the UVM school rate? If so, how much was it per night?

Did you call and get the UVM school rate? If so, how much was it per night?
Just over $200 after taxes and fees, but it comes with discounts at the hotel’s restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Definitely the priciest hotel I’ve booked so far, I think.

Just over $200 after taxes and fees, but it comes with discounts at the hotel’s restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Definitely the priciest hotel I’ve booked so far, I think.

I'm super down for dinner. How long was the stay for that 200$? Just a single night??

Gonna be flying in Sept 20th to New Hampshire and driving if anyone wants to carpool; PM

scheduled for 10/18 II today, does anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is :O

Reactions: 4 users
It's on MSAR. About 16% OOS

That's the % that matriculate after they are interviewed. The post-II acceptance rate would be higher to accommodate for the people that choose to attend a different school.

Reactions: 3 users
It's on MSAR. About 16% OOS

MSAR shows total interviews and matriculants, however, they accept more people than they have seats for. I have seen websites state they accept around 40% of interviewees, but can't confirm that.

Reactions: 2 users
That's the % that matriculate after they are interviewed. The post-II acceptance rate would be higher to accommodate for the people that choose to attend a different school.
Yeah I think it’s definitely a lot higher considering 70% of students are OOS

Does anyone know how helpful the school is with financial aid and years of residence before instate status?

For me it was 315 for two nights (Wed 10/24 and Thurs 10/25) at DoubleTree. I called them and with UVM discount, the price would be the same as my chase travel discount. So I ended up using my points to book it.

If any of you want to hang out on Wed morning let me know! I'll get there at 7 am.