2019-2020 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year's thread showed a couple of people receiving acceptance calls around this date!

I understand and appreciate WSU's acceptance policies, but it's a little discouraging to think I interviewed in one of their earlier interview dates and possibly won't hear back until next year :(

Yeah.. I think we interviewed on the same day in August (the first date?). I was really hoping WSU would be my first MD acceptance, but just more waiting at this point I suppose. Fortunately at this point in the cycle, I feel like time has been passing faster ever since the II stream just about came to a halt.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is probably the week they’ll call again (unless they did last week and no one has reported their A’s), so hope some of us hear good news in the next few days!

Based on previous trends, it seems that AAs or other decisions were issued on Mondays. I suspect tomorrow might be the day.

II offer today. Secondary completed (a little late) on 3 November. II date 01/17.

Reactions: 2 users
No news yet. I interviewed in a cycle that was promised responses before Christmas. My guess was this week as well. Hang in there.

Any of the August interview group still waiting to hear back still? ( pleasee say yes)

Any of the August interview group still waiting to hear back still? ( pleasee say yes)

Interviewed first day, still waiting. I think there were a couple others in this thread in the same boat too.

Interviewed first day as well and I am dying to hear back with good news.

Reactions: 1 users
This was already apparent from previous years' threads.. but for future applicants perusing this thread in the years to come, don't rush to schedule your interview if you get an early invite. Schedule it for when you're best prepared. It seems that every year, several of those accepted in late October interviewed only 1-2 weeks prior. Part of me wonders if the recency effect comes into play haha

Members don't see this ad :)
No news yet. I interviewed in a cycle that was promised responses before Christmas. My guess was this week as well. Hang in there.

What month did you interview? I'm starting to wonder if everyone who interviewed before Christmas was told that. Doesn't seem like they do many post-II R's until March, so I wonder if they just meant another batch of A's go out before Christmas?

What month did you interview? I'm starting to wonder if everyone who interviewed before Christmas was told that. Doesn't seem like they do many post-II R's until March, so I wonder if they just meant another batch of A's go out before Christmas?

I interviewed November 4th. It was clearly expressed by Dr. Harrison that everyone interviewing BEFORE Christmas would hear an answer (of some kind) by christmas. This could be a YES, a NO, or a STILL IN CONSIDERATION. Basically interviewees are divided into two batches to give as fair of a selection process to everyone.

• Wow
I interviewed November 4th. It was clearly expressed by Dr. Harrison that everyone interviewing BEFORE Christmas would hear an answer (of some kind) by christmas. This could be a YES, a NO, or a STILL IN CONSIDERATION. Basically interviewees are divided into two batches to give as fair of a selection process to everyone.

If that's true, I'm really glad they're implemented that beginning this cycle. With previous years it was pretty common to hear nothing until March. I don't think she said anything similar during my interview day in August.

Basically interviewees are divided into two batches to give as fair of a selection process to everyone.

Also, can you clarify on this any further? Do you mean as in like perhaps those who interview in August-November will have the best chances of acceptance before Christmas?

If that's true, I'm really glad they're implemented that beginning this cycle. With previous years it was pretty common to hear nothing until March. I don't think she said anything similar during my interview day in August.
I cant speak for last year. I didn't interview until end of February, so I was expecting to wait till the end. But I made a special note of the schedule this year, because Dr Harrison felt it was important that people have information, and mentioned a response by Christmas at least twice.

Interviewed early October and I also recall them saying that they would send out acceptances and rejections before Christmas, but they are cutting it awfully close. Less than 1 week before Christmas is kind of a sucky time for an R wave.

Just got a “still under consideration” email, interviewed in August. It was a little confusingly worded and I thought it was a waitlist at first, especially because the subject was “application update”. It says they plan to extend more offers at the end of January, February, and mid-March.

Just got a “still under consideration” email, interviewed in August. It was a little confusingly worded and I thought it was a waitlist at first, especially because the subject was “application update”. It says they plan to extend more offers at the end of January, February, and mid-March.
Got the same email, little disappointing !

+1

Have they called again recently then? It almost sounded like that was the case.

Also received a still under consideration, congrats to anyone accepted

+1

Have they called again recently then? It almost sounded like that was the case.

I’m curious if they extended offers as well, I agree that it sounds like they did. This is definitely better than nothing and I’m certainly happy to still be under consideration but I was hoping to hear a more definitive answer before Christmas.

Also "still under consideration"... and so the agonizing wait continues...

Just got the same email. It said they've made 2 rounds of offers so far, meaning they did call recently. I wonder how much they've filled the class by this point.

Just got the same email. It said they've made 2 rounds of offers so far, meaning they did call recently. I wonder how much they've filled the class by this point.
I dont know if that means recently though I could be wrong. I know they made offers right after the first wave interviewed then another round about a month or so later. I think that this page is a good cross-section of the applying class so if people had been accepted/rejected while others got a still under consideration email we would have heard about that. Just my guess though I could be way off!

I dont know if that means recently though I could be wrong. I know they made offers right after the first wave interviewed then another round about a month or so later. I think that this page is a good cross-section of the applying class so if people had been accepted/rejected while others got a still under consideration email we would have heard about that. Just my guess though I could be way off!

I only remember seeing that one round during the last week of October or so. Did they call again in November? I don’t recall seeing any acceptance posts here since late October.

Accepted!! Got the call this afternoon, interviewed end of October.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
For all who received a 'still under considerstion' email, do you think that means we are either going to be accepted or waitlisted?

For all who received a 'still under considerstion' email, do you think that means we are either going to be accepted or waitlisted?
Neither. It literally just means you are still under consideration. More schools are doing this so they dont just ghost you until March. UW does the same thing. You can be accepted/rejected at any point after this email but you wont likely be waitlisted until most decisions go out around March.

What are the odds of going from an "SUC" status to acceptance? The few people that I know that applied last year to WSU, who got an SUC, were ultimately rejected. Can someone give me some reassurance here? lol

What are the odds of going from an "SUC" status to acceptance? The few people that I know that applied last year to WSU, who got an SUC, were ultimately rejected. Can someone give me some reassurance here? lol

Obviously no one knows for sure, but I’d say that it’s common sense that the further out it goes from your interview date, the lower your chances get. As time goes on, you’re essentially competing against an ever growing pool of interviewees as well as ones they probably remember better.

I know ESFCOM isn't receptive to update letters, but does anyone know if that applies to letters of intent as well?

I know ESFCOM isn't receptive to update letters, but does anyone know if that applies to letters of intent as well?

Seems like the Admissions Committee isn't receptive to anything additional (letters of interest/intent, thank yous, etc.)

I think Dr. Harrison mentioned that they were only receptive to post-II updates if you're WLed. But you might wanna ask someone else - this was from 5 months ago so my memory is hazy.

I think Dr. Harrison mentioned that they were only receptive to post-II updates if you're WLed. But you might wanna ask someone else - this was from 5 months ago so my memory is hazy.

I remember hearing this as well

To anyone wondering and waiting post-II/SUC: looking through last year's thread, seems like next week was when the next batch of R's went out (1/28-ish to be specific) and the week after (first week of Feb) was when A's went out. Best of luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Seems like the Admissions Committee isn't receptive to anything additional (letters of interest/intent, thank yous, etc.)
Interviewed applicants actually do have two opportunities to offer updates. The first is verbally during their interviews. I finished my long interview by quickly stating what I had spent my summer/fall doing. The second is if you get an offer to join the waitlist, when you send them your acceptance of the waitlist, you can also submit a 1-page update. I did this last year, and they do consider this information when making those early-May offers.
People have sent in letters of interest addressed to the wrong school, so they don't take those seriously. (Seriously people, a letter of intent by definition can only go to one place.)
I'm sure they appreciate thank yous, but they don't take them into consideration when making decisions.

seems like they made a few more calls today (from their IG)

Have they done any post-ll rejections yet? As in at any point this cycle

Last edited: