2020-2021 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it's been 7 weeks since i got the delay email and only silence...

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
This post-II wait is actually so painful.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At least you have a chance of hearing back in December though! All of us "Late" interviewees gotta wait til march and that is going to be F-ing brutal.
True, but they say most of us will be deferred to March so I am kind of bracing myself for more of a wait. :sour:

Reactions: 1 users
At least you have a chance of hearing back in December though! All of us "Late" interviewees gotta wait til march and that is going to be F-ing brutal.
Do we have any idea what the latest interview date eligible for a December acceptance is?

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my interest letter/update yesterday. Hopefully it wasn't too late...

I also ended up addressing it to the admissions committee.

Do we have any idea what the latest interview date eligible for a December acceptance is?
Dr. Goodell said that any interviews after the second week of November won’t be considered until March

I dove in to last year's thread, and apparently last year, some people got acceptance calls the second week of December, then they released the rest of the decisions (some As who never got calls, deferrals, and Rs) the third week in December. Perfectly possible the timeline will be shifted this year, but for those of us suffering in this brutal post-interview wait it does give us a more specific idea of what to expect.

My interview was tough this week, probably my hardest one of the three schools I've interviewed with. At any rate, I just submitted my post-II update letter. Now, I am gonna unwatch this thread and not worry about decisions until March. Best of luck to you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I dove in to last year's thread, and apparently last year, some people got acceptance calls the second week of December, then they released the rest of the decisions (some As who never got calls, deferrals, and Rs) the third week in December. Perfectly possible the timeline will be shifted this year, but for those of us suffering in this brutal post-interview wait it does give us a more specific idea of what to expect.
This is probably just for people who interviewed before this week, right? Or is there a chance of hearing back if we interviews this week?

This is probably just for people who interviewed before this week, right? Or is there a chance of hearing back if we interviews this week?
I'm not 100% sure since my info session was a bit ago, but per purple_jpg above, Dr. Goodell said the second week of Nov was the cutoff. So probably anyone interviewing this week or later is in the March group.

Does anyone (roughly) know the percent of ppl who interviewed that are accepted, deferred, and rejected in the December wave?

Does anyone (roughly) know the percent of ppl who interviewed that are accepted, deferred, and rejected in the December wave?
Honestly probably what you'd expect. Lower number of acceptances, high number of deferments, and low number of rejections. Wish we could know but aside from looking at last years thread, its probably unpredictable :')

Is it deadly to have sent the update letter this late? A lot of things happened to me in November and I wanted to wait a few weeks so I wouldn't be projecting developments. I just submitted now-also forgot to include my AMCAS ID so wondering if I should re-submit...

Complete 8/19 and haven't heard anything yet. I do have a job that I can update them on, should I send an update or should I send a brief email reiterating my interest, or should I do nothing lol

Complete 8/19 and haven't heard anything yet. I do have a job that I can update them on, should I send an update or should I send a brief email reiterating my interest, or should I do nothing lol

I was complete 8/10 and am wondering the same lmao. Seeing people who were complete later than me get both interviews and rejections is making me really confused.

I was complete 8/10 and am wondering the same lmao. Seeing people who were complete later than me get both interviews and rejections is making me really confused.
Felt the same way (complete end of August), so I just did it. Now we just gotta wait. 🤞

Is it deadly to have sent the update letter this late? A lot of things happened to me in November and I wanted to wait a few weeks so I wouldn't be projecting developments. I just submitted now-also forgot to include my AMCAS ID so wondering if I should re-submit...
I submitted mine yesterday like you. I wouldn't worry. Unless you're operating by a very strict definition of "mid-november" then you're fine. If they wanted it by a specific date, they would have said so in the e-mail. Plus the committee likely meets at the end of November / early December.

I'd anticipate a lot of people who are in school this semester are also waiting to send their update when they actually can get their hands on grades. For example, my school doesn't release this semester's final grades until early December.

II Today!!!! I have been stressing during every R wave so I am super happy to still be in the game :) Complete 8/17 and Delay email on 10/1

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II Today!!!! I have been stressing during every R wave so I am super happy to still be in the game :) Complete 8/17 and Delay email on 10/1
Congrats! Do you mind telling us what interview dates were still available?

Congrats! Do you mind telling us what interview dates were still available?
Hi! Thanks so much! So they had interviews starting on Dec 1st and had a bunch of dates for the rest of December :)

Reactions: 3 users
Wow this makes me super optimistic! I know a bunch of us were complete early/mid October and are still waiting to hear back.

Well rip, after months of dodging the waves of rejections, just got hit with the R :/

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I did end up writing an update/expression of continued interest. Mine was basically about this volunteer thing I had just started when I submitted - it was on my primary, but since I've now been doing it for 6 months I had a lot more to say about it. I linked it to BU's mission and then reiterated my interest. I think the activities you mention will be great for a BU update, and even better if you can link them to BU's mission and why you want to go there!
after my interview i didn't recieve an email about sending an update or anything.... am i supposed to hear from them?

after my interview i didn't recieve an email about sending an update or anything.... am i supposed to hear from them?
When did you interview? I got the post interview ”we want updates” email like a month after I interviewed and based on some other folks in this thread there’s definitely lag time. It’s also possible if you interviewed after the cutoff for December decisions (I think second week Nov) that they won’t send it to you until after December decisions are done. But IDK, I have no special knowledge of BU or anything.

• Love
Can I ask you guys a question if that's okay? I was wondering if we are supposed to send any Post-II update letters to their email directly or upload it to the "Upload or View Documents" portal instead?
I uploaded mine!

• Love
When did you interview? I got the post interview ”we want updates” email like a month after I interviewed and based on some other folks in this thread there’s definitely lag time. It’s also possible if you interviewed after the cutoff for December decisions (I think second week Nov) that they won’t send it to you until after December decisions are done. But IDK, I have no special knowledge of BU or anything.

I just interviewed last week! And yeah, probably too late for the December wave too bad haha.

My interviewer gave me a bunch of kind advice to send it in as soon as possible, so I'm just trying to honor that :0

Thank you for the help!

I just interviewed last week! And yeah, probably too late for the December wave too bad haha.

My interviewer gave me a bunch of kind advice to send it in as soon as possible, so I'm just trying to honor that :0

Thank you for the help!
I interviewed last week too and got an email from them this morning asking for an update letter. They also said...

“Our Committee on Admissions will review your application in the context of the overall applicant pool. By the end of December or early January, we will send a status update email to each individual who has interviewed prior to that time, accepting a small number of candidates, declining some, and deferring a final decision on some.”

So it looks like we may hear back in round one!

I interviewed last week too and got an email from them this morning asking for an update letter. They also said...

“Our Committee on Admissions will review your application in the context of the overall applicant pool. By the end of December or early January, we will send a status update email to each individual who has interviewed prior to that time, accepting a small number of candidates, declining some, and deferring a final decision on some.”

I just got it too! According to the email, it looks like December interviewees may be eligible as well.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else thought that the upload instructions didn't seem to correspond with the actual upload itself? I was a little confused for a second looking for extra things I had to click lol

Thought it would be around second week of December.. ah well what’s a week extra weeks:///

I just got it too! According to the email, it looks like December interviewees may be eligible as well.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else thought that the upload instructions didn't seem to correspond with the actual upload itself? I was a little confused for a second looking for extra things I had to click lol
We just had to click “add” right?

My interview was tough this week, probably my hardest one of the three schools I've interviewed with. At any rate, I just submitted my post-II update letter. Now, I am gonna unwatch this thread and not worry about decisions until March. Best of luck to you guys!
Would you mind explaining why? But congrats that you got through it and best of luck in the cycle!

Finally got hit with that R, complete end of August, LM 74

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone received email that application is still not yet been reviewed due to large volume of early applicants . My complete date in 10/15 , I doubt I ever get II or even send me R from this school. :(

Rejected pre-II, complete 7/23. Not hearing back for so long really got my hopes up :(

• Care
Rejected pre-II, complete 8/12, logging off from this thread but good luck to the rest of y'all <3

• Care
Also hit with that pre-II R. Complete July. :(

Do you guys know if Boston favors IS over OOS?

Long-time stalker of this thread. II this afternoon!

Complete 8/19. Delay email 10/6. Submitted update letter 11/4. Elated!!!

II received today. Complete 8/20, OOS, delay email 10/5. I won’t be accepting the invite but there were dates available into first week of January. Good luck to everyone!!

• Care
For those that interviewed, how long was your interview? Do you just log off after? All I know is my start time. Thanks!