2020-2021 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A's are starting? My stomach actually just dropped

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A as well!
Edit for those asking: initials are CM

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Time to stare at my phone for the rest of the day lol

Reactions: 9 users
When did all of you interview? anyone from mid/late Nov?

Reactions: 1 user
Can y'all post your interviewer's initials? I'm wondering if these are all from the same interviewers... Sorry neuroticism is currently at 200%

Reactions: 2 users
I thought I answered a spam call and was about to hang up, so when I heard Dr. Goodell's voice I panicked. But well got the A!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I thought I answered a spam call and was about to hang up, so when I heard Dr. Goodell's voice I panicked. But well got the A!
Congrats on the A!

Did your call show up as “no caller ID” by any chance?

Got the A call as well! It was from my interviewer
Edit: caller ID Boston, MA and interviewed in mid Sept

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say when emails would be going out?

Haven't received a call yet. Guess I'm rejected...
By the nature of phone calls, they can’t all be done at once, I expect we’ll see more today. Also, last year, people got accepted via email and never got phone calls.

Edit: in addition to the majority of As going out in March

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I’m confused. Are they only doing calls or is it like a mix of calls and emails throughout the week?

Yeah, I’m confused. Are they only doing calls or is it like a mix of calls and emails throughout the week?
Based on last year's thread, it seems only some people got calls. It appears they gave interviewers the option to call and so some people just received the email the next week.

Edit: also too early to assume all calls are even done for the day

I glance down to see a call from an unknown number, my heart skips a beat as I answer it.... "Hello? " I ask..... A Greenpeace telemarketer greets me.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Anyone accepted with an early Nov interview?

I got the call from Dr. Goodell!!!! Interviewed 11/2

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted. Interviewed 9/25. Called by my interviewer

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone who had Dr. Vitamin D get a call? IYKYK lol

Last edited:
So our the individual interviewers calling people? Does that mean that Dr. Goodell was doing interviews?

Accepted just now! Got a phone call from my interviewer! Interviewed 9/23

edit: just wanted to add that I didn’t send in any updates at all so do not stress about those!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone know if there are more days in December for Acceptances? Hope we don’t have to wait until March

Anyone know if there are more days in December for Acceptances? Hope we don’t have to wait until March
I looked through last years thread and it seems that phone calls continued over the next week and then they started sending out emails/updating the portals. Some people received acceptances that never received phone calls as well!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I looked through last years thread and it seems that phone calls continued over the next week and then they started sending out emails/updating the portals. Some people received acceptances that never received phone calls as well!
You’re the absolute goat.. neuroticism cured lol

• Care
Missed a phone call from boston. Googled the phone num and it links to the dept of my interviewer at bu. Does that mean im in?

Just got the call a bit ago!!! Accepted, interviewed 10/28 sooooo shocked and excited!!!

edited to say I didn’t submit any updates and that my interviewer said acceptance emails should go out on Monday!

I've gotten three spam calls since BU started calling out with acceptances haha

Just got the call from BU for my acceptance to their MD/PhD program!! An incredibly good Friday :) Interviewed on 10/22

A via email from my interviewer!! I also did not send any updates after my interview! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

• Love
Caught the A via interviewer email! Interviewed 09/17

Also did not send an update

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
BU being my only II, I'm desperate. This week I was dreading the wait, but oddly, now that decisions began rolling out
I feel in peace (?). I think the panic will return over the weekend though ._. ...

• Care
to everyone who got acceptances- congrats! Did any of you interview with an interviewer with the initials B.S?