2020-2021 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully there are more As before March

Members don't see this ad.

Last year people got As via the email who weren’t called so it’s certainly not over yet. But they were very upfront that the majority of decisions happen in March when they can see the full class profile. Still hoping for good news on Monday!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
to everyone who got acceptances- congrats! Did any of you interview with an interviewer with the initials B.S?
I had B.S. and didnt hear anything yesterday. I've convinced myself that she got tired of the hustle and bustle of the big city and needed to spend a weekend ice fishing at her remote cabin in Maine. Of course there's no cell service up there, so she was unable to give us the call.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Also do they leave voicemails if you miss the call? I was on a hike yesterday and didn't have cell service from around 12-1 EST. Wondering if I could have gotten a call then, but not know it.

Knowing my interviewer (M.H.), I probably will just find out via email next week even if I am accepted lol

Last edited:
I had B.S. and didnt hear anything yesterday. I've convinced myself that she got tired of the hustle and bustle of the big city and needed to spend a weekend ice fishing at her remote cabin in Maine. Of course there's no cell service up there, so she was unable to give us the call.
haha thank you for this, I also had her so I have also convinced myself this is it :rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance phone call!!!! BU is my dream school so I’m ecstatic! Interviewer was PW

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Got the acceptance call today too!! It looks like the As are still rolling out over the weekend, so keep the faith everyone :)

if we haven't received an interview at this point should we give up hope lol

I dodged those pre-II r waves so hard that I dodged the II too.

• Haha
I got the call on Friday ~2pm EST and my interviewer was IB from mid September!

This decisions rollout is actually cruel lol

Actually they have been very transparent: they have told you they will release acceptances in December and in March.

They are even accepting some of you before their estimated date of December 18, 2020.

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
  • Okay...
Just reverse the order! Send everyone an official email and then let interviewers call for a personal touch if they want to!

(I bet they developed this in the era before SDN when people wouldn't have known other people were getting calls so it was less cruel and just never changed, but c'mon, BU, roll with the times)

Actually they have been very transparent: they have told you they will release acceptances in December and in March.

They are even accepting some of you before their estimated date of December 18, 2020.
No offense intended but obviously offense was taken!
I know anxiety is high right now.

Last edited:

No offense intended but obviously offense was taken!
Respectfully, @hebrewhomie wasn't saying they weren't being transparent, but that they were being unkind. I would argue BU has been very transparent throughout this process but that the antiquated way they're going about the release makes very little sense in the modern landscape and causes a lot of unnecessary stress. It's totally transparent but it's (unintentionally, I'm sure) quite unkind. It would be really easy to change BU's process to make it easier on applicants. While schools have no obligation to be equitable in the way they announce decisions, it's nice when they are, and to me at least it seems like it would be smart to create goodwill among the people you're accepting now or potentially accepting in March.

On a personal note, at this point I just want to know, regardless of whether I've been accepted, rejected, or deferred. I hate the fact that I'm having a hard time just moving on and look forward to other schools for the time being because I could maybe have my first A but my interviewer was really busy this week or something. And I'm fortunate and have several other schools to think about - I imagine it would be so much worse if this was your only interview.

Reactions: 7 users
Respectfully, @hebrewhomie wasn't saying they weren't being transparent, but that they were being unkind. I would argue BU has been very transparent throughout this process but that the antiquated way they're going about the release makes very little sense in the modern landscape and causes a lot of unnecessary stress. It's totally transparent but it's (unintentionally, I'm sure) quite unkind. It would be really easy to change BU's process to make it easier on applicants. While schools have no obligation to be equitable in the way they announce decisions, it's nice when they are, and to me at least it seems like it would be smart to create goodwill among the people you're accepting now or potentially accepting in March.

On a personal note, at this point I just want to know, regardless of whether I've been accepted, rejected, or deferred. I hate the fact that I'm having a hard time just moving on and look forward to other schools for the time being because I could maybe have my first A but my interviewer was really busy this week or something. And I'm fortunate and have several other schools to think about - I imagine it would be so much worse if this was your only interview.
You explained this perfectly, thank you Siberian!

Just got the acceptance call! M.H.
Interviewed 9/23

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Woke up to an acceptance call!!! I can't believe it!! Interviewer MH. Interviewed Sept 18th.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Deferred just now through portal/email. Interviewed on 10/29 with LW

• Care