2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The link is posted in the FB group.
Ahh yes, another thing I have not joined yet! It's alright, multiple people added me to it yesterday. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Trust me - we read your emails and your letters. We also copied the content from your email response and pasted it into your application. It's tedious and takes time but it is important to us.
I think I speak for everyone here when I say thank you for being so transparent throughout the cycle! You guys are awesome!!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I received quite a few private messages regarding my reception of more than one email. I figured it would just be easier to address here for everyone to see.

Before responding with specifics to anyone in particular, I reached out to @CWRU.Sman to ensure I wasn't crossing any boundaries by providing any information I received in my emails. They assured me that there is no significance to having received either one or two emails, and that it was most likely just a redundancy in responses. It was unrelated to anything in particular that I included in my response to the Alternate List email.

Sorry for the confusion and increased neuroticism!

Reactions: 6 users
Curious for those who currently have no acceptances is it still recommended to still send a LOI?

I think I speak for everyone here when I say thank you for being so transparent throughout the cycle! You guys are awesome!!
You're welcome. I'm happy to share what I can with the information that we have. We know this part of the process can create even more stress for applicants. We get a little stressed too.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Curious for those who currently have no acceptances is it still recommended to still send a LOI?
You may have no acceptances but you may be sitting on several WLs. It would be helpful to send an LOI because that tells the school that it’s your top choice. Otherwise, you could get pulled of multiple WLs and turn down an Acceptance from a school. Even if you don’t have other WLs, the committee certainly doesn’t know that, so sending an LOI can only help. Obviously an LOI carries more weight when you have other acceptances though

anyone get the email that health insurance would cost more but never got the follow up email for the specifics?

Members don't see this ad :)
@CWRU.Sman if you're willing / able to comment, do you have any ideas about what the next week might look like for Alt List applicants? Would accepted applicants receive a call? If the student doesn't pick up the phone, would you send an email. Thank you very much!

Reactions: 3 users
@CWRU.Sman if you're willing / able to comment, do you have any ideas about what the next week might look like for Alt List applicants? Would accepted applicants receive a call? If the student doesn't pick up the phone, would you send an email. Thank you very much!
+1!!!! would love to know this

It's still too soon to say what next week will look like. If we go to our alternate list, we will make a phone call. If the person doesn't answer, we'll leave a voicemail.

Reactions: 4 users
I know it's still early on 4/30, but Adcoms can now see PTE results from anyone who has updated their CYMS tool. Anybody receive a call off the Alternate List?

Reactions: 1 user
I know it's still early on 4/30, but Adcoms can now see PTE results from anyone who has updated their CYMS tool. Anybody receive a call off the Alternate List?
The comment above yours indicates we probably shouldn't expect any news this quickly.

It's still too soon to say what next week will look like. If we go to our alternate list, we will make a phone call. If the person doesn't answer, we'll leave a voicemail.
Christian, can you make a comment about the approximate amount of individuals taken off the alternate list last year? Thank you :)

Christian, can you make a comment about the approximate amount of individuals taken off the alternate list last year? Thank you :)

Maybe it’s just the optimist in me but I’m thinking alt list movement might be significantly more this year than previous years due to the combination of people attending all their interviews and very competitive candidates holding multiple As right now, and CWRU being conservative with acceptances this year. Also the lack of merit aid being awarded might also incentivize those who are holding multiple seats to pick potentially cheaper options. All speculation but we’ll see how things shake out!

Maybe it’s just the optimist in me but I’m thinking alt list movement might be significantly more this year than previous years due to the combination of people attending all their interviews and very competitive candidates holding multiple As right now, and CWRU being conservative with acceptances this year. Also the lack of merit aid being awarded might also incentivize those who are holding multiple seats to pick potentially cheaper options. All speculation but we’ll see how things shake out!
That would be THE DREAM

Considering Case is a T20ish (a la “there are thirty schools in the T20) and they don’t have merit aid, I’m guessing (total speculation on my end) that some of their most competitive applicants will get poached by merit aid elsewhere. Combined with the other factors you listed that is something I agree with. That being said, Christian did say quote “If we go to our alternate list” which that specific wording fuels my neuroticism into thinking they won’t take anyone at all lmao

Considering Case is a T20ish (a la “there are thirty schools in the T20) and they don’t have merit aid, I’m guessing (total speculation on my end) that some of their most competitive applicants will get poached by merit aid elsewhere. Combined with the other factors you listed that is something I agree with. That being said, Christian did say quote “If we go to our alternate list” which that specific wording fuels my neuroticism into thinking they won’t take anyone at all lmao
If they take anyone NEXT WEEK...Is what my optimist ass thought of that sentiment lol

If they take anyone NEXT WEEK...Is what my optimist ass thought of that sentiment lol
It's funny how I've been able to wait months... like this whole cycle takes an entire year. But now, during the final stretch, I'm like no I can't wait pls let me know asap. I can't be answering all these spam calls with such enthusiasm

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
It's funny how I've been able to wait months... like this whole cycle takes an entire year. But now, during the final stretch, I'm like no I can't wait pls let me know asap. I can't be answering all these spam calls with such enthusiasm
Each time my heart rate goes up haha

• Haha
And they all happen to be from the right area code. I’m being trolled at this point.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
And they all happen to be from the right area code. I’m being trolled at this point.
+1 got a call from Cleveland area code this morning, was ecstatic, picked up, and was greeted by "Richard" from IRS.

• Care
If it helps you all... First alternate list acceptances didn’t go out until May 1 last year based on last year’s thread.

If any decisions go out, it would probably be Monday at the earliest. Best of luck y’all, we got this!

Hi All - the 216 checking in - We're still waiting to hear final decisions from some people so nothing will be happening today. I know this day creates a lot of anxiousness so I wanted to give you some peace of mind that you don't need to worry the rest of the day and over the weekend. We'll have a better idea next week of how things look. :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Just got a phone call from a Cleveland area code. Spam call. I’ve never seen that area code pop up on my phone before now.

How do they know??

Just withdrew my A. I literally teared up pressing the decline button because I got really attached to this school, but I couldn't justify the cost in the end. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Also withdrew my A on Friday and was super sad about it. I ended up visiting and loving this school, but decided to ultimately stay in the state where I am already living. I hope there is lots of alt list movement in the weeks ahead, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just here waiting for some reports of movement 👀

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just here waiting for some reports of movement 👀
the notification you posted here gave me a heart attack so thx for that. i’ve refreshed this page 50 times today. good luck all!!! hoping we hear soon!

praying to the pre-med gods we get some movement soon 🙏 gl everyone

Being completely honest here...I would do ungodly, disgusting things, to be accepted here...Hoping for some movement this month so I can stop losing years of my life!

• Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
Being completely honest here...I would do ungodly, disgusting things, to be accepted here...Hoping for some movement this month so I can stop losing years of my life!

Aww man, don't think of it as losing years of your life. Whether you're in med school or not, you still have a chance to go out and do things. I'm only going to be this "young" for so many years and worrying about my acceptance is a sunk cost in itself. Go out and enjoy the day :)

• Care
Also accepted... I'm in tears. I don't even know what to say.... Good luck to everyone else today! I'm sure this is just the start of the movement so don't lose hope!!!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Also accepted from the waitlist this morning! I’m so overwhelmingly excited!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users