2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol at this point hasn't it already been established the zoom meeting is 99% likely to mean an acceptance? relax and enjoy yourselves in the meantime instead of harping on the details! :) an early congrats to the folks who got the email!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang looks like I should have sent a letter of interest based on this. Was going to wait until next month. What a bummer, looks like I'll be hanging on the waitlist until May at least! Love it!

Anyone who was WL’d last month get this email? This is my top choice and I don’t have anything to update in a Letter of Interest.. so I’ve been hesitating to send one until later. Hope that wasn’t a mistake though it seems to be lol.

Anyone who was WL’d last month get this email? This is my top choice and I don’t have anything to update in a Letter of Interest.. so I’ve been hesitating to send one until later. Hope that wasn’t a mistake though it seems to be lol.

I would recommend sending the letter of interest ASAP. They're evidently taking people off the WL already. I didn't provide any updates in a letter of interest I sent 2 days after interviewing and I got in. I just talked about what made the school stand out to me and how Case's opportunities were aligned with my interests.

Reactions: 1 users
I would recommend sending the letter of interest ASAP. They're evidently taking people off the WL already. I didn't provide any updates in a letter of interest I sent 2 days after interviewing and I got in. I just talked about what made the school stand out to me and how Case's opportunities were aligned with my interests.
Definitely will do. Thanks :)

Alt list and withdrawing as well. Good luck to everyone, this is such a cool school!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats you know who!!! So happy for you!

Reactions: 2 users
This has got to be the weirdest way a medical school accepts their applicants. It’s like the opposite of transparency and inclusiveness!

This has got to be the weirdest way a medical school accepts their applicants. It’s like the opposite of transparency and inclusiveness!
To be fair, if SDN wasn't a thing where people reported every single thing and we weren't so neurotic I think it's pretty cool. Makes it more personal and fun. At this point if you get the zoom email it's an acceptance. Not getting the zoom email really sucks but we know not everyone can be accepted and this is their way of showing that I guess

edit: clarity

To be fair, if SDN wasn't a thing where people reported every single thing and we weren't so neurotic I think it's pretty cool. Makes it more personal and fun. At this point if you get the zoom email it's an acceptance. Not getting the zoom email really sucks but we know not everyone can be accepted and this is their way of showing that I guess

Yeah I get what you’re saying, but I much greatly prefer the point-blank, “you’re accepted/waitlisted/rejected” email. No cryptic clues, no confidentiality agreement, just tell me lol!

just curious---why would they have to keep an acceptance zoom meeting confidential?

just curious---why would they have to keep an acceptance zoom meeting confidential?
In theory they wanted to have it be a surprise when you were accepted so they said don't tell people. That's a great idea until us at SDN over analyze everything and stress over it all. If you are not on SDN (which I assume the majority of applicants are not) the surprise is genuine

Makes no sense when they don’t have the WL people also do one so then surprise you reveal the whole plan by omission and so the WL people can talk and report their status but clearly anyone not reporting is speaking through their silence unintentionally

I think this is an important point to keep in mind in general. I don't feel schools should be obligated to tip toe around the lurkers of sdn, reddit, etc. Much of the neuroticism is induced by ourselves when we repeatedly check these sites, when in actuality we really don't need to do so.

Reactions: 3 users
Having gone through this process twice, once with no email invite and the other with an email invite, I agree with all the sentiments people have on here. I do plan on sending some constructive feedback to the school about this experience for waitlisted applicants. SDN is still the minority of all premeds, so I agree that the school shouldn't necessarily have to cater to our neuroticism, but maybe we can find some middle ground. Hopefully, I can discuss this more in the future, but if not, trust that I will push for the experience to be more positive for waitlisted applicants next cycle.

I think the surprise is honestly a fun way to reveal As. For the vast majority of applicants who are not neurotic enough to be on SDN, like myself or you, it is a geniune experience. If I had to guess they likely have a plan to make some sort of video compilation.

All of that said, I agree that they should do better by WL students. They could be much more tansparent in revealing stats from previous years in terms of movement. Additionally, it might be a good idea to implement 15 min conversations (which would be requested by students who want feedback) with students who were rejected after WL to speak about how to improve for the next cycle. Some schools do this already.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anybody know what their timeline is for releasing financial aid info?

Anyone who interviewed in November get accepted off the WL?

Also--anyone know what Case's waitlist movement looks like?

Anyone who has applied to financial aid know if we do anything additional requirements aside from CSS profile, FASFA, and all those tax forms? Lol. I feel like I'm missing something but also have no idea what the timeline for financial aid awards are like at case.

Anyone who has applied to financial aid know if we do anything additional requirements aside from CSS profile, FASFA, and all those tax forms? Lol. I feel like I'm missing something but also have no idea what the timeline for financial aid awards are like at case.
If on your case financial aid portal it says all documents are received you should be good and just have to wait, I believe

Hello. Can anybody tell me when second look is? I can’t find the email (if there was one). Thanks!

Feel free to reach out to our Financial Aid Team [email protected] to see if there is anything that you are missing.

• Care
Anyone who interviewed in November get accepted off the WL?

Also--anyone know what Case's waitlist movement looks like?
Last year, we took a lot of people off our waitlist because students were making decisions while our country was basically locked down. We saw more students choosing to stay at med schools closer to home. We have no idea what this year will look like since interviews were done virtually and no one has formally visited the med schools to which they may be accepted. It's the most unpredictable cycle I've ever seen and I'm not alone - we're all in the same boat.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
For those who submitted updates/LOI, did yall use the portal or email? Also who to address it to? I'm probably overthinking all of this but thank you in advance :)

For those who submitted updates/LOI, did yall use the portal or email? Also who to address it to? I'm probably overthinking all of this but thank you in advance :)
I used email but all they did was upload it for me and tell me to use the portal next time lol. I emailed just their med admissions email. I addressed “Dear Admissions Committee,”

any of my fellow alt list people receive any updates? hang in there!! :)

• Care
any of my fellow alt list people receive any updates? hang in there!! :)
+4

Hoping AAMCs email this morning inspires some people to withdraw who are not attending so we can get some movement :)

How long after we submit all our financial aid info will we get our packages?

Depends. Have your documents been marked "approved" on the portal?
Im not sure. I checked the status page, and it requires more documents called direct loan master promissory note and Entrance Counseling DL Sub Unsub. Does anyone know what these are?

Im not sure. I checked the status page, and it requires more documents called direct loan master promissory note and Entrance Counseling DL Sub Unsub. Does anybunny know what these are?
Case UG here....these forms are related to the federal Stafford unsubsidized government loan. It essentially says you understand what you're borrowing from the government (Entrance Counseling) and agree to pay it back within the terms and conditions set by the DoE and their loan servicer (Master Promissory Note).

Im not sure. I checked the status page, and it requires more documents called direct loan master promissory note and Entrance Counseling DL Sub Unsub. Does anybunny know what these are?
You don't need to complete those documents yet. However, once they appeared on my portal I received my financial aid package shortly thereafter. Try checking the spam folder of your Case email. That's where mine was.

You don't need to complete those documents yet. However, once they appeared on my portal I received my jelly beans package shortly thereafter. Try checking the spam folder of your Case email. That's where mine
Tnx. Lol I got a Jelly Bean Package as well

• Love