2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know when the CTE date is? We need to withdraw from all waitlists by then right?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if case is giving out any need-based financial aid this year besides loans? (I know merit-based scholarships are no longer available due to covid)
yes, they are still giving out need-based scholarships

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. No additional acceptances have been made since our last batch in early March.
Thanks for clarifying! Does the admissions committee anticipate any waitlist movement prior to May 1st in that case?

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for clarifying! Does the admissions committee anticipate any waitlist movement prior to May 1st in that case?

We really don’t know right now how the next few weeks will shake out. Weird year (the weirdest ever). We’d love to know too! We may see some shifting around 4/15 but the dust really doesn’t kick up until 4/30.

Reactions: 7 users
We really don’t know right now how the next few weeks will shake out. Weird year (the weirdest ever). We’d love to know too! We may see some shifting around 4/15 but the dust really doesn’t kick up until 4/30.
Weirdest ever indeed! Thanks a million! :)

Reactions: 1 users
What are people wearing to virtual second visit day on Sunday? Didn't know if I need to dress up a bit or not

Is there anyone who attended second look that would like to share about their experiences? Like new things you learned about the school/culture? Or anything that swayed your decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who attended second look that would like to share about their experiences? Like new things you learned about the school/culture? Or anything that swayed your decision?
I attended yesterday. Feel free to DM me any questions you or just to chat about how it went!

They also recorded all the sessions and will probably upload them all soon if you would like to watch them this week

Does anyone else feel like their FA package for Case was significantly lower than other schools with need-based scholarships?

Does anyone else feel like their FA package for Case was significantly lower than other schools with need-based scholarships?
Mine was pretty similar in terms of actual dollar amount, but because Case’s tuition is so high the aid was a lower percentage of the total cost overall.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance last week. I probably cried for hours about it, but I really hope that my spot goes to one of my fellow waitlist buddies here!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
withdrew my acceptance here, such a cool school and I hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
These withdrawals giving me too much hope man.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
this thread has been so wholesome :')
Good luck to everyone!!

• Love
Per Case's website: "we require that applicants hold no more than three acceptances after April 15, 2021." I am withdrawing from another program via email today, but how will the 3 schools I am narrowing to know this? Want to make sure I didn't miss a memo on formally designating this somewhere- any insight appreciated :)

Per Case's website: "we require that applicants hold no more than three acceptances after April 15, 2021." I am withdrawing from another program via email today, but how will the 3 schools I am narrowing to know this? Want to make sure I didn't miss a memo on formally designating this somewhere- any insight appreciated :)
I do believe it is an honor system and afaik, you don't have to formally declare anything until the 30th when you PTE at one school.

Did anyone get an email from case just now, asking to confirm your interest in CWRU?

Right.. I'm not sure, do I respond directly and say "yes please please please accept me" or do I submit a LOI?
I would respond if you have questions, but send a separate LOI if it’s your top choice is what I gathered.

Right.. I'm not sure, do I respond directly and say "yes please please please accept me"?
I think the question is if everyone got it or not. If not everyone did than I would say sending an update or something demonstrating interest is good

I think the question is if everyone got it or not. If not everyone did than I would say sending an update or something demonstrating interest is good
Right, did anyone else not get the email?

Right.. I'm not sure, do I respond directly and say "yes please please please accept me"?
I'm just laying my whole situation out there. Let them do with it what they may. However, the underlying tone remains, "please please please dear God, please accept me."

• Care
  • Haha
I'm just laying my whole situation out there. Let them do with it what they may. However, the underlying tone remains, "please please please dear God, please accept me."
Part of me feels like this is the way to go. Like I guess it's taboo to mention other schools you have been accepted to but a part of me feels like saying "hey I have X amount of acceptances at these schools and despite that, I would still choose yours and I am ready to make that commitment" is just transparent and I feel would make things easier for everyone.

doing exactly this
seems like they're tryna be transparent so I'll do the same.

when they say to let them know if you're still deciding among other schools, does that mean u should let them know names + if you're on the WL at other schools and waiting on those too? but still interested in Case over current acceptances?

when they say to let them know if you're still deciding among other schools, does that mean u should let them know names + if you're on the WL at other schools and waiting on those too? but still interested in Case over current acceptances?
i ended up responding, i stated vaguely i had other acceptances to MD schools and implied where but i chose not to name them. i also followed up with a few questions

I am also wondering if everyone on the alternate list received the email.

Did anyone that replied to the email receive a response?

Was a groupme ever made for accepted students here? I got my A way back on 12/18 but scrolling through the threads, I can't find any mention of one 🧐

I'm sure the response is coming, it just takes some time to get back to each response individually!
I'm sure i'm being silly but I responded like 2 mins after getting the email and I haven't gotten a response...I don't think that means anything but

• Care
I'm sure i'm being silly but I responded like 2 mins after getting the email and I haven't gotten a response...I don't think that means anything but
You probably responded so fast they didn't have their response template ready, or maybe they were just too swamped to reply to all of them.

If it helps, the response I received was pretty generic and can be used regardless of what I said as long as I stated I was still interested. I get the slight neuroticism though, I'm also on several WL's and every passing day feels like a century :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
You probably responded so fast they didn't have their response template ready, or maybe they were just too swamped to reply to all of them.

If it helps, the response I received was pretty generic and can be used regardless of what I said as long as I stated I was still interested. I get the slight neuroticism though, I'm also on several WL's and every passing day feels like a century :(
Trust me - we read your emails and your letters. We also copied the content from your email response and pasted it into your application. It's tedious and takes time but it is important to us.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users