You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Colorado
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
urfuturedoctor
Full Member
finally received my a secondary!
when did you send your primary?finally received my a secondary!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finally received my a secondary!
+1
urfuturedoctor
Full Member
I submitted my primary 5/29 but my MCAT score wasn't sent in until probably mid julywhen did you send your primary?
6223likelebron
New Member
There was a long YouTube video with a presentation about their curriculum I used last year. I’m sure the basics are also on their website( longitudinal scholarly activity, longitudinal foundation of doctoring) otherwise block based, some early matching with preceptor in clinic, etc.....Does anyone have a really good link describing their new curriculum? I am struggling to write about how the school fits my goals and I feel like I am running in circles on their website trying to find details.
toxicbadge
Full Member
+1just received my secondary. I don't know why it took so long. Anyone else just got their secondary?
I'm just going to leave this here...
www.cpr.org
CU Anschutz Accused Of Violating Animal Welfare Laws With Surgical Training On Live Pigs
According to the complaint, students operate on live pigs in two different workshops, after which they kept alive for up to eight weeks before they are put down.
Accused does not mean guilty. From the article: “According to the complaint, CU Anschutz has approval to use up to 141 live pigs in two workshops for surgical techniques and biomedical device training.”I'm just going to leave this here...
![]()
CU Anschutz Accused Of Violating Animal Welfare Laws With Surgical Training On Live Pigs
According to the complaint, students operate on live pigs in two different workshops, after which they kept alive for up to eight weeks before they are put down.www.cpr.org
So presumably this form of training has been approved by the powers-that-be, and CU is not doing anything unethical or illegal. Speaking as someone who has done large animal research in the past, this claim presents nothing aside from one group‘s opinion that this program is ineffective and unnecessary. Very clickbait-y headline though.
A majority of students live in the luxury on campus (technically off campus) student housing which is very nice and safe and there’s a couple bars/restaurants downstairs dominated by students. Outside of campus, Aurora is not a great neighborhood. A lot of homelessness, streets in poor quality, I hate to use the word ghetto but it’s what you’d picture when you hear it. There’s old buildings, suspicious strip clubs, what i assume are prostitutes occasionally. You can still find your grocery store and restaurant chains. Some students live in farther nearby areas and commute/bike to campus. If you can handle paying for school parking and driving 15 mins, potentially saving on rent, it’s a valid option
Can confirm. I worked on campus for a while. The campus-affiliated housing is all really new (probably circa 2013 and later) and nice, but when I started working there years ago, the guy in the badging office said "I probably wouldn't go off campus after dark alone if I were you". I never felt unsafe, but I did see plenty of cops arresting people on Colfax a few blocks away. I grew up poor so I don't default to feeling unsafe in "less nice" neighborhoods though, so YMMV. There are plenty of friendly, kind people in the area, and probably not much more crime than you'd find in any other city. I'd google crime rates if you're interested. There are lots of new developments in the Stapleton area, which is super family-friendly and hip. Lots of gentrification happening not too far away.
Last edited:
D
deleted1048149
anyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Washington here
Cali right hereanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
I’m from Arkansas but went to school in COanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Yup applying from AZanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
takemercyonme
Full Member
yesanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Is it just me, or does this school have the worst website of any medical school? I mean it's just atrocious and has no information about the school.
6223likelebron
New Member
I believe UCLA supplied the most/second most students in class of 2024. I don’t recall exact numbers.
Internationalanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
TN!anyone applying here OOS (CA)?
So Cal babyanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
ilovemydogssomuch
New Member
anyone waiting on secondary still?
purple_jpg
Full Member
Deep in the heart of Texasanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
anyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Iowa checkin in!
anyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Orange county reppin
purple_jpg
Full Member
It doesn’t seem like anyone has yet from this thread and the tracker.Has anyone OOS gotten an II yet? Or even IS?
Escherian
Full Member
Most people applying to Colorado are OOS, and even most of the class is OOSanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Most people applying to Colorado are OOS, and even most of the class is OOS
Unfortunately 🙁 lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You wouldn't happen to know if that includes MSTP, would you?Hi everyone, I contacted the admissions office and they told me that they should start rolling out interview invites next week! Best of luck!
Unfortunately no, but I wouldn't be surprised if MD and MSTP invites are sent at around the same time.You wouldn't happen to know if that includes MSTP, would you?
JustOneAcceptancePls
Full Member
anyone applying here OOS (CA)?
Utah here!
Anyone know when CU will start sending IIs?
Escherian
Full Member
Someone above in the thread said it would be next week according to admissionsAnyone know when CU will start sending IIs?
purple_jpg
Full Member
II!!!! OOS, URM, LM 70.5, WARS 80, complete 7/31
D
deleted1040408
congrats! stats?Just got an II! Complete 7/25
II! complete 7/21, ORM OOS
first one!!! didn't think this day would come!!
first one!!! didn't think this day would come!!
mrmystery112358
Full Member
II! 524/3.85/OOS complete 8/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
confusedandtired
Full Member
II! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! THE DAY HAS COME!! crying for good reasons finally, i was just about to prep my personal statement for the next cycle lol
OOS, ORM, LM 69, 7/24 complete
OOS, ORM, LM 69, 7/24 complete
II! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! THE DAY HAS COME!! crying for good reasons finally, i was just about to prep my personal statement for the next cycle lol
OOS, ORM, LM 69, 7/24 complete
I got one too. Almost identical circumstances (ORM, LM 69, complete 7/25). CONGRATS!!
D
deleted1053887
Yes, ORM = Over represented in medicine, generally white and AsianIs being white considered ORM, even though white people are not a minority?
URM= under represented in medicine