You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Colorado
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
confusedandtired
Full Member
YOU TOO!! WE GOT THIS!I got one too. Almost identical circumstances (ORM, LM 69, complete 7/25). CONGRATS!!
Got the II!
Very excited! But ngl, I'm not a huge fan of group interviews.
Yeah they are definitely challenging. You can't fade into the background, but also can't be pushy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep. In my previous experiences with group interviews, it always felt like each interviewee was trying to one-up the others. Kinda toxic vibe. Hopefully this is different though.Yeah they are definitely challenging. You can't fade into the background, but also can't be pushy.
me! from CA as wellanyone applying here OOS (CA)?
D
deleted1050883
Any IS people from the wave yesterday?
D
deleted1050883
Got an II yesterday too! OOS with immediate family state tie. I felt a little better about the group exercise/activity and group interview when I read that each one involves only 3 applicants and 2 interviewers...but still nervous about both haha
I interviewed here last year, all of the interviews were very low pressure and borderline fun. I wouldn't be too nervous!
What's the earliest date anyone can schedule an interview? Also, good luck to everyone with an II!
What's the earliest date anyone can schedule an interview? Also, good luck to everyone with an II!
I picked September 25th. They also had two dates in October.
I could schedule anything in Sept or October, got one in NovemberI picked September 25th. They also had two dates in October.
That's great to hear! I'm feeling hopeful that the chill+fun atmosphere will translate to virtual interviewing hahaI interviewed here last year, all of the interviews were very low pressure and borderline fun. I wouldn't be too nervous!
I interviewed here last year, all of the interviews were very low pressure and borderline fun. I wouldn't be too nervous!
I also interviewed here last year (I’m a reapplicant [emoji22]) and I completely agree! They did a great job of making it a very relaxed and fun day
Awesome 🙂 good luck this cycle, hope you get that A this time around!I also interviewed here last year (I’m a reapplicant [emoji22]) and I completely agree! They did a great job of making it a very relaxed and fun day
Awesome 🙂 good luck this cycle, hope you get that A this time around!
Thank you so much! [emoji4]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II - OOS no ties, 524/3.85, ORM, complete 8/5, received invite 9/4
Last edited:
Congrats! did you receive the invite today?II - OOS no ties, 524/3.85, ORM, complete 8/5.
The latest from CU's website:
Updated September 2020
Updated September 2020
- Primary Applications: 10,609
- Secondary Applications: 5,995
- Interviewed Applicants: 0
- Acceptance Offers: 0
Not really. A lot of primaries are in but it looks like a lot of people aren't filling out secondaries for whatever reason. Could be because they filled out the primary before receiving an MCAT score and then they didn't do as well as they hoped.Anyone else feeling horribly discouraged by seeing how many applicants there are this year? 🙁![]()
Not really. A lot of primaries are in but it looks like a lot of people aren't filling out secondaries for whatever reason. Could be because they filled out the primary before receiving an MCAT score and then they didn't do as well as they hoped.
I don't think CU sends out secondaries to all applicants, but I could be wrong.
They don’tI don't think CU sends out secondaries to all applicants, but I could be wrong.
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
I don't think CU sends out secondaries to all applicants, but I could be wrong.
Do you know how they screen when they send out secondaries?They don’t
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
If I still havent gotten a secondary would you recommend emailing and seeing if that is a silent r or they are still reviewing it? Amcas verified 7/22
Their website just says "selected candidates" but I would love to know as well. I didn't think anything of it when I received a secondary because I thought it was automatic! https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/education/md-admissions/requirements/selection-criteriaDo you know how they screen when they send out secondaries?
abc123041187
Full Member
I believe that they send out a secondary to everyone with an MCAT score >500. That has been the case in past years.Their website just says "selected candidates" but I would love to know as well. I didn't think anything of it when I received a secondary because I thought it was automatic! https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/education/md-admissions/requirements/selection-criteria
I believe that they send out a secondary to everyone with an MCAT score >500. That has been the case in past years.
I've heard that, too. However, that would mean that ~45% of applicants to CU have MCAT scores <500 which seems hard to believe, but who knows?
That makes way more sense tbh. Thanks!I believe that they send out a secondary to everyone with an MCAT score >500. That has been the case in past years.
Daughter received II. 519/4.0.Is. 8/8 completeII - OOS no ties, 524/3.85, ORM, complete 8/5, received invite 9/4
Today?Daughter received II. 519/4.0.Is. 8/8 complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last ThursdayToday?
The Dragon of the West
Full Member
Any current students or anybody else who would like to discuss the "fit" CUSOM looks for? I have researched the program pretty extensively. I really like their facilities and it seems to align with my life experiences (URM, low SES, big on rural)
Do you guys know if it would be naive/immature to tell the interviewers this is my number 1/dream program? I would substantiate my response with specific details I enjoy about their program but just wondering what thoughts on this were from others. 🙂
Do you guys know if it would be naive/immature to tell the interviewers this is my number 1/dream program? I would substantiate my response with specific details I enjoy about their program but just wondering what thoughts on this were from others. 🙂
Any current students or anybody else who would like to discuss the "fit" CUSOM looks for? I have researched the program pretty extensively. I really like their facilities and it seems to align with my life experiences (URM, low SES, big on rural)
Do you guys know if it would be naive/immature to tell the interviewers this is my number 1/dream program? I would substantiate my response with specific details I enjoy about their program but just wondering what thoughts on this were from others. 🙂
I think anyone can tell them that (whether it's true or not). I don't think it's immature or naive, I just think there are better ways to convey that message. You'd be better off showing them with anecdotal examples from your experiences that support that claim. (SHOW DON'T TELL)
The Dragon of the West
Full Member
I think anyone can tell them that (whether it's true or not). I don't think it's immature or naive, I just think there are better ways to convey that message. You'd be better off showing them with anecdotal examples from your experiences that support that claim. (SHOW DON'T TELL)
This really helps, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
Any II go out today?
I hope some do this afternoonAny II go out today?
Same, and specifically to me hahahaI hope some do this afternoon
Fingers crossed for both of us!!Same, and specifically to me hahaha
Hell yes if you're a climber hoping that we both get in and run into each other as fellow med students at some local crag nearbyFingers crossed for both of us!!
Well, friend, maybe next week lolHell yes if you're a climber hoping that we both get in and run into each other as fellow med students at some local crag nearby
I'm trying to nail down their pattern and so far it has eluded me lolWell, friend, maybe next week lol
I just realized I had my application sitting for almost a month not complete... I had everything completed and paid the application fee, but I never actually hit submit after I did all of that until today... I'm so stupid
In-state?Daughter received II. 519/4.0.Is. 8/8 complete
"Please use the text box below to answer both Part A and Part B. Limit your entire response to 1500 characters including spaces (which is approximately 300 words)."
1500 characters is NOT "approximately 300 words." It's more like 250. Wow, this is tight.
1500 characters is NOT "approximately 300 words." It's more like 250. Wow, this is tight.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone else interviewing 9/25....i'm stressed
Me! First interview and these group interview/activities have me SWEATINGanyone else interviewing 9/25....i'm stressed
omg same.... what could they possibly make us do in a group over zoom??? ackMe! First interview and these group interview/activities have me SWEATING
and the individual interview isn't mmi is it?