-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Colorado
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The Dragon of the West
Full Member
Those numbers... gahhhh. CU is my top choice (I'm in state and worked on the campus for a few years), but I'm low stat and I'm feeling so bad about my chances right now. They're a perfect fit for me and I think they'd see that if they'd give me an interview. But yikes. I'm so worried they won't even read my secondary.
;_;
Hi friend! I got an II from them on the first wave with low stats (SMP'er here, with meh MCAT), so I think they are truly holistic in screening. Don't sell yourself short and let your words explain your fit. 🙂
Hi friend! I got an II from them on the first wave with low stats (SMP'er here, with meh MCAT), so I think they are truly holistic in screening. Don't sell yourself short and let your words explain your fit. 🙂
That's encouraging! I'll try not to lose hope. 🙂 (also I love your username and I hope we are someday med school classmates because I bet you're a rad human)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long is the turnaround for decisions after interviews?
Escherian
Full Member
4-6 weeks usually, according to the Assistant Dean of Admissions.How long is the turnaround for decisions after interviews?
i'm hoping that they'll send decisions for 9/25 interviews on Thurs.....bc honestly, it's not like the adcom was busy sending out other II's, so surely they must be spending this time making decisions about us4-6 weeks usually, according to the Assistant Dean of Admissions.
😵 <- me, who only received the secondary a few days agoAlready almost 24% more primaries than the entire cycle last year [emoji102]
Amen!!!i'm hoping that they'll send decisions for 9/25 interviews on Thurs.....bc honestly, it's not like the adcom was busy sending out other II's, so surely they must be spending this time making decisions about us
I'm so tempted to call but I won't lmaoAmen!!!
I'm just anxiously awaiting an III'm so tempted to call but I won't lmao
1st-year here at CU. This is a long but worthwhile process! Before you know it, you will be in med school thinking about all the hours you wasted on SDN the year prior 😆. Let me know if any of you have any questions that I might be able to answer!
1st-year here at CU. This is a long but worthwhile process! Before you know it, you will be in med school thinking about all the hours you wasted on SDN the year prior 😆. Let me know if any of you have any questions that I might be able to answer!
Hi! CU is my top choice by a long shot. Based on your experience with your class, what kind of students do you see as being a good "fit" for CU? What's the culture and camaraderie like, especially given COVID? Favorite things about CU?
[PS: Good job adducting and medially rotating that hip, Magnus. TY for your service to keep me putting one foot in front of the other]
Got an interview with a similar gpa and lower MCAT with no ties to Colorado. So you def have a chance. They do holistic review and I think that really benefited me bc of strong ECs and narrative.Hey guys I sent my secondary in on 9/30 and my file is currently under review. Would you guys say I have a chance of getting an interview with a 3.3 cgpa and a 518 mcat score? I’m an out of state applicant but I previously lived in Colorado for 8 years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That gives me some hope. Thank you! Congratulations on your interview.Got an interview with a similar gpa and lower MCAT with no ties to Colorado. So you def have a chance. They do holistic review and I think that really benefited me bc of strong ECs and narrative.
Can anyone find out where they left my interview invite?
Likewise lolCan anyone find out where they left my interview invite?
I hope so! Did you also interview 09/25? @periwabby
Hoping to hear something today (interviewed 9/25) 

same, I know they said they usually respond within 4-6 weeks, but I'm sooo anxious about potentially receiving a call today
periwabby
Full Member
I hope so! Did you also interview 09/25? @periwabby
Yes I did!!! I really enjoyed our interview day so the anxiety is real haha 🙂
The Dragon of the West
Full Member
Rooting for all you wonderful people! Hopefully, tomorrow brings a lot of phone calls. 😊
Interviewing next week and soooo excited! For those who already interviewed: Did you guys receive your zoom links agenda the morning of interviews on that Friday? I know some schools are more timely with this than others so just curious!
Interviewing next week and soooo excited! For those who already interviewed: Did you guys receive your zoom links agenda the morning of interviews on that Friday? I know some schools are more timely with this than others so just curious!
I
I got the agenda on Thursday, the day before! Best of luck 🙂Rooting for all you wonderful people! Hopefully, tomorrow brings a lot of phone calls. 😊
Interviewing next week and soooo excited! For those who already interviewed: Did you guys receive your zoom links agenda the morning of interviews on that Friday? I know some schools are more timely with this than others so just curious!
D
deleted1040408
who thinks decisions will come out today
for the sake of my own sanity, I sure hope sowho thinks decisions will come out today
has anyone received II lately? because it seems like they have only sent out once and stopped since then?
according to the admissions tracker on their website, it looks like they've only had one interview date so farhas anyone received II lately? because it seems like they have only sent out once and stopped since then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
^
elrm257
Full Member
omg I did not know they had this it shows 60 total II have been given out. Does anyone know what other schools have this?according to the admissions tracker on their website, it looks like they've only had one interview date so far
It's 60 interviews were conducted (which is 1 day). Pretty sure more than 60 IIs have been given out as I was able to schedule all the way to end of Oct when I got mine~omg I did not know they had this it shows 60 total II have been given out. Does anyone know what other schools have this?
confusedandtired
Full Member
They interview ~60 each interview day and I think there's been at least two so far (I interviewed on the second date). I'm guessing they will send out more IIs once they start sending out decisions!
turtleduck420
New Member
Got the acceptance call 🙂 Interviewed 9/25!! OOS applicant
Last edited:
D
deleted1040408
OMG CONGRATS!!!!Got the acceptance call 🙂 Interviewed 9/25!!
anythingmatcha
Full Member
Saw a call from Denver, CO and my heart started racing. My first acceptance! 🙂 Also interviewed 9/25
Do your portals look different at all?
turtleduck420
New Member
mine doesn't. dean soohoo said i'd get an email next week with more details / next steps so it'll probably update then?Do your portals look different at all?
Congrats to everyone who got the call! Are you all from the first interview day?
D
deleted1040408
any other 9/25 interviewees feeling hopeless rn
meee, I know there's still plenty of time to get an A from them, but I'm still so scared lolany other 9/25 interviewees feeling hopeless rn
meee, I know there's still plenty of time to get an A from them, but I'm still so scared lol
Me too... Feel like this means I didn't get in (fellow 9/25 interviewee).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
do we think calls go out on weekends :/
I remember them saying on the interview day that they will do acceptance calls over the span of a few days, then send the rest of the decisions all at once, so I'm still holding onto hopeMe too... Feel like this means I didn't get in (fellow 9/25 interviewee).
do we think calls go out on weekends :/
Pretty doubtful :/. I wonder how many As were given out today...
So so sooo hoping for an II soon
periwabby
Full Member
Pretty doubtful :/. I wonder how many As were given out today...
I also did not receive a call yesterday....we can sad party together until we get some news lol