You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
At least some of the Vandy ones are real, their website says 58 invites have been sent
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to ask why would someone spam the interview stats? New guy here so not sure I see what that person has to gain by doing that.
the interviews shot my anxiety up but at least I got a dark knight post out of it.
For the secondary question, "Geisel School of Medicine values social justice and diversity in all its forms. Reflect on a situation where you were the “other”," as a straight white male, I have not been at the "other" end of a marginalized group for which social justice fights for.
I can find ways in which I have been the "other" such as having been homeschooled, being the "new kid" in a school, or being a Christian with beliefs that differ from most other Christians out there, but I'm not sure if this question is asking how am I different (and thus can add diversity)....or.... if it wants me to say how I am aware that there are "others" out there who have been marginalized and how I am "woke."
Thoughts?
I can find ways in which I have been the "other" such as having been homeschooled, being the "new kid" in a school, or being a Christian with beliefs that differ from most other Christians out there, but I'm not sure if this question is asking how am I different (and thus can add diversity)....or.... if it wants me to say how I am aware that there are "others" out there who have been marginalized and how I am "woke."
Thoughts?
it doesn’t have to be related to a marginalized identity. It just needs to show you know what it feels like to be different or an outsider in some way. Being “the new kid” is an example of thatFor the secondary question, "Geisel School of Medicine values social justice and diversity in all its forms. Reflect on a situation where you were the “other”," as a straight white male, I have not been at the "other" end of a marginalized group for which social justice fights for.
I can find ways in which I have been the "other" such as having been homeschooled, being the "new kid" in a school, or being a Christian with beliefs that differ from most other Christians out there, but I'm not sure if this question is asking how am I different (and thus can add diversity)....or.... if it wants me to say how I am aware that there are "others" out there who have been marginalized and how I am "woke."
Thoughts?
Two (more) IIs added to tracker, anyone here receive one?
No, not sure if they’re going out or not. I’m a Dartmouth graduated, so suppose I could call my pre-medical advising office and ask — they’re connected closely to Geisel. I’m hesitant to do that, however.
II !
Congrats!! When were you complete?II !
7/18Congrats!! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Date of Completion? Congrats!!
Stats for you two!? Congrats on the II!!
Date of Completion? Congrats!!
7/15 and my data is in the tracker, I think it's safe to assume 8/20 are the real II...
Edit: Thanks!
Either you or the other person has almost my exact stats and is URM, pls let this mean I have a chance. Either way, congrats to you7/15 and my data is in the tracker, I think it's safe to assume 8/20 are the real II...
Edit: Thanks!
Either you or the other person has almost my exact stats and is URM, pls let this mean I have a chance. Either way, congrats to you
Thank you! And our similar stats makes me happy for you 🙂 reassurance is much needed on this path hah! Good luck to you!
Does Dartmouth screen primaries? I still haven't received a secondary
Does Dartmouth screen primaries? I still haven't received a secondary
There’s an MCAT screen. Those with composite scores >503 will receive secondaries.
I scored a 512, but I'm not sure if it takes them a while to send secondaries. I was verified 7/26.There’s an MCAT screen. Those with composite scores >503 will receive secondaries.
Check your Spam or "Promotions" tab if you use Gmail, I had my secondary there for about a week before I even realized.I scored a 512, but I'm not sure if it takes them a while to send secondaries. I was verified 7/26.
II just now! OOS ORM, LM 69-72
Very excited, this school is one of my top choices!
Very excited, this school is one of my top choices!
Do you mind sharing when you were complete??II just now! OOS ORM, LM 69-72
Very excited, this school is one of my top choices!
Complete 7/16 @NIKK234
Is Dartmouth known to interview OOS first ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I doubt it. It's not a state school.Is Dartmouth known to interview OOS first ?
I doubt it. It's not a state school.
I thought schools like UMich do this because they don't want people (historically) to have to get there during the winter.
I thought schools like UMich do this because they don't want people (historically) to have to get there during the winter.
i don't think even umich is doing that this year since its all on zoom. in fact based on the thread i think they invited a lot of IS early on this time...just speculation though
UMich is a public institution. Dartmouth is private. Private institutions have no motivations to graduate IS students. >85% of Dartmouth students are OOS. I doubt they prioritize II based on location.I thought schools like UMich do this because they don't want people (historically) to have to get there during the winter.
UMich is a public institution. Dartmouth is private. Private institutions have no motivations to graduate IS students. >85% of Dartmouth students are OOS. I doubt they prioritize II based on location.
Yes, I was saying that I thought it wasn't related to the public vs. private but more because of weather that schools would invite people from farther away first.
With interviews being held virtually this year, its not something to worry about. It's still very early. They have not sent out very many II thus far.Yes, I was saying that I thought it wasn't related to the public vs. private but more because of weather that schools would invite people from farther away first.
II! Complete 7/16, OOS, ORM, teetering b/w trad and non-trad.
II today around 5pm! ORM, complete 7/16
II yesterday, complete 8/4, LM 71 OOS nontrad URM! I love how much information they give you about the interview
boopboopbeepboop
Full Member
Has anyone had their interview here yet? How'd it go?
It was super laidback!Has anyone had their interview here yet? How'd it go?
D
deleted897300
Has anyone had their interview here yet? How'd it go?
no curveballs. they said 30 min each, but mine were only 10 minutes each.
Congrats to everyone getting IIs! I heard that you have to check the portal for the II, is that true? Or are you getting emails about it?
It was an email (you do have to log into the portal to schedule the interview, so your portal will update as well)
I had the opposite experience. mine went over time so i feel like it depends on your interviewer and also how many questions you have for themno curveballs. they said 30 min each, but mine were only 10 minutes each.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@cs19981998 @citymedhopeful during interview day did they mention anything about the decision timeline?
does dartmouth favor instate , or does it not differentiate? also, when do they usually stop sending out II's?
I was sent mine like at 6pm the night before, don't worry, it's coming.For those that have already had their interviews- did they send you zoom links? It is the day before my interview and I have not been sent anything yet. Wondering if I should email admissions?
