2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone in the tracker said their Dartmouth secondary was complete on 6/27 :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Ya Emory, Dartmouth, Vandy, and Case all had their interview trackers spammed. Emory doesn't even start sending IIs till next week at the earliest.

Reactions: 6 users
At least some of the Vandy ones are real, their website says 58 invites have been sent

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have to ask why would someone spam the interview stats? New guy here so not sure I see what that person has to gain by doing that.

I have to ask why would someone spam the interview stats? New guy here so not sure I see what that person has to gain by doing that.

worldburn-top.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
For the secondary question, "Geisel School of Medicine values social justice and diversity in all its forms. Reflect on a situation where you were the “other”," as a straight white male, I have not been at the "other" end of a marginalized group for which social justice fights for.

I can find ways in which I have been the "other" such as having been homeschooled, being the "new kid" in a school, or being a Christian with beliefs that differ from most other Christians out there, but I'm not sure if this question is asking how am I different (and thus can add diversity)....or.... if it wants me to say how I am aware that there are "others" out there who have been marginalized and how I am "woke."

Thoughts?

For the secondary question, "Geisel School of Medicine values social justice and diversity in all its forms. Reflect on a situation where you were the “other”," as a straight white male, I have not been at the "other" end of a marginalized group for which social justice fights for.

I can find ways in which I have been the "other" such as having been homeschooled, being the "new kid" in a school, or being a Christian with beliefs that differ from most other Christians out there, but I'm not sure if this question is asking how am I different (and thus can add diversity)....or.... if it wants me to say how I am aware that there are "others" out there who have been marginalized and how I am "woke."

Thoughts?
it doesn’t have to be related to a marginalized identity. It just needs to show you know what it feels like to be different or an outsider in some way. Being “the new kid” is an example of that

Reactions: 3 users
Two (more) IIs added to tracker, anyone here receive one?

Two (more) IIs added to tracker, anyone here receive one?

No, not sure if they’re going out or not. I’m a Dartmouth graduated, so suppose I could call my pre-medical advising office and ask — they’re connected closely to Geisel. I’m hesitant to do that, however.

They're real this time, one of my friends got one this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
7/15 and my data is in the tracker, I think it's safe to assume 8/20 are the real II...

Edit: Thanks!
Either you or the other person has almost my exact stats and is URM, pls let this mean I have a chance. Either way, congrats to you

Reactions: 1 user
Either you or the other person has almost my exact stats and is URM, pls let this mean I have a chance. Either way, congrats to you

Thank you! And our similar stats makes me happy for you :) reassurance is much needed on this path hah! Good luck to you!

I scored a 512, but I'm not sure if it takes them a while to send secondaries. I was verified 7/26.
Check your Spam or "Promotions" tab if you use Gmail, I had my secondary there for about a week before I even realized.

II just now! OOS ORM, LM 69-72

Very excited, this school is one of my top choices!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
II around 9:45 ET! Complete 7/16, LM 73, ORM, OOS (and I got rejected from there for undergrad hahaha)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I thought schools like UMich do this because they don't want people (historically) to have to get there during the winter.

i don't think even umich is doing that this year since its all on zoom. in fact based on the thread i think they invited a lot of IS early on this time...just speculation though

I thought schools like UMich do this because they don't want people (historically) to have to get there during the winter.
UMich is a public institution. Dartmouth is private. Private institutions have no motivations to graduate IS students. >85% of Dartmouth students are OOS. I doubt they prioritize II based on location.

Reactions: 1 users
UMich is a public institution. Dartmouth is private. Private institutions have no motivations to graduate IS students. >85% of Dartmouth students are OOS. I doubt they prioritize II based on location.

Yes, I was saying that I thought it wasn't related to the public vs. private but more because of weather that schools would invite people from farther away first.

Yes, I was saying that I thought it wasn't related to the public vs. private but more because of weather that schools would invite people from farther away first.
With interviews being held virtually this year, its not something to worry about. It's still very early. They have not sent out very many II thus far.

II! Complete 7/16, OOS, ORM, teetering b/w trad and non-trad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II yesterday, complete 8/4, LM 71 OOS nontrad URM! I love how much information they give you about the interview

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to everyone getting IIs! I heard that you have to check the portal for the II, is that true? Or are you getting emails about it?

Congrats to everyone getting IIs! I heard that you have to check the portal for the II, is that true? Or are you getting emails about it?

It was an email (you do have to log into the portal to schedule the interview, so your portal will update as well)

no curveballs. they said 30 min each, but mine were only 10 minutes each.
I had the opposite experience. mine went over time so i feel like it depends on your interviewer and also how many questions you have for them

does dartmouth favor instate , or does it not differentiate? also, when do they usually stop sending out II's?

For those that have already had their interviews- did they send you zoom links? It is the day before my interview and I have not been sent anything yet. Wondering if I should email admissions?

For those that have already had their interviews- did they send you zoom links? It is the day before my interview and I have not been sent anything yet. Wondering if I should email admissions?
I was sent mine like at 6pm the night before, don't worry, it's coming.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone already had their interview that would mind sharing their experience?