2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to you!!
so this person was among the last interviews so maybe they finished inputting those people and are getting to those that have been waiting later :unsure:
idk my wishful thinking continues....
Hahaha! I love the positivity.

I am not sure there is much rhyme nor reason to it and I'm not sure what to think of it - appears to just have on poster report an MD A on the portal would indicate that it wasn't the entire wave, but who really knows. Being an early interviewee thats been waiting for months and months I have kind of begun to assume I am headed for the WL. The fact that someone has an A to speak for on this round unfortunately makes me think the WL email is inevitable. I hope there are more A's to come! I just find it hard to believe that they would only update a few peoples portals and not others?? I hope there is more good news to come though!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hahaha! I love the positivity.

I am not sure there is much rhyme nor reason to it and I'm not sure what to think of it - appears to just have on poster report an MD A on the portal would indicate that it wasn't the entire wave, but who really knows. Being an early interviewee thats been waiting for months and months I have kind of begun to assume I am headed for the WL. The fact that someone has an A to speak for on this round unfortunately makes me think the WL email is inevitable. I hope there are more A's to come! I just find it hard to believe that they would only update a few peoples portals and not others?? I hope there is more good news to come though!
I feel the same as you---I strongly feel that I'm headed for another WL (more like another soft-R) but I really really hope we're wrong hence the positivity lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi ya'll - also unexpectedly got the A update on my portal. Super thankful!

For those of you still waiting - I didn't check until just now because I was expecting an email today, so not sure when it was uploaded :/ I also interviewed on the last possible interview day. Good luck to you all- I believe in you and know you'll be amazing docs wherever you end up! :))

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So have all the acceptances gone out or were a few people’s portals just changed early?

got a missed call from an ATL area code and I'm freaking out now--prob a scam call but I live kinda far and don't usually get scam calls from that area lol...

got a missed call from an ATL area code and I'm freaking out now--prob a scam call but I live kinda far and don't usually get scam calls from that area lol...
If the area code is 404 and the next three digits are 727, it's definitely Emory

I'm regular MD and they don't call so I'm certain it's a scam call but I didn't get any response when I called back lol and it's not emory, it's an atlanta suburbs area code
why did I have to get a scam call from that area TODAY of all days...

• Haha
It doesn't make sense to me why they would update some and not others, but I really hope that's the case!
True. I think the surest way to know if u get in is to check that mailbox starting today or tomorrow

I bit the bullet and emailed the admissions office asking if all the portals for this round of acceptances have been updated and they said yes. Congrats to those were accepted!

Reactions: 6 users
I bit the bullet and emailed the admissions office asking if all the portals for this round of acceptances have been updated and they said yes. Congrats to those were accepted!
Not the news many of us wanted to hear, but I appreciate you doing this

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
not me going to check my mailbox just in case

Edit: Nothing was there

Last edited:
  • Haha
does anybody know if Emory will offer feedback to people who are rejected/waitlisted?

anyone willing to guess when we might finally get our post-ii WL or R news?

going by last year, it should be in the next 10 days
I'm also positive they don't reject post-ii and that they WL everyone
Awesome! super excited to just continue waiting!!!!!! lmao

• Haha
  • Okay...
Any of the accepted students willing and comfortable to share their stats? Thanks In advance and congratulations on your acceptance!!

Any of the accepted students willing and comfortable to share their stats? Thanks In advance and congratulations on your acceptance!!
Sure!
MCAT: 515 (That was my second score, I scored a 505 on my first try)
CGPA: 3.72
SGPA: 3.88

Thank you for sharing. I’m assuming Emory is not the kind of school that rewards grade reinvention with postbaccs and an upward trend?

Thank you for sharing. I’m assuming Emory is not the kind of school that rewards grade reinvention with postbaccs and an upward trend?
Hello!! I can share my stats. I got a 519 on my MCAT, and my GPA, which is now a 3.65, shows a linear upward trend from freshman to senior year. I think this upward trend definitely helped me get in, so I wouldn't write off Emory as a school that doesn't value grade improvement, especially if you can identify where you went wrong

Got alternate status email just now.

+2, interviewed in December

ETA: Damn this 1000 word “Why Emory?” prompt...

Reactions: 2 users
AL, early oct interview
did anyone get a post-interview R?

+1 AL, did the email suggest that they only accepted the number of students required to fill their class once (meaning that for every applicant that declines their offer there will be an applicant taken off the AL)?

+1, could we just use the same essay that we included in our secondaries about our interest in emory?
I'm guessing yes but with significant rewording plus anything you learned in the interviews
I already told them why emory in my secondaries, LOI, and updates but here we go again

How is the waitlist movement here typically?
According to the website: "This number varies from year to year and depends upon the decisions of the initially accepted applicants. As we receive withdrawals from accepted students, we look to our alternates to fill the class. Some years we accept less than 10 alternates. Other years we have accepted 30 from the alternate group."

Jumping on the WL train - find myself wishing I wasn't so descriptive in my multiple updates because now idk how to write another "why us" without sounding redundant lol

is the ballpark of WL applicants like closer to 50 or 100 or 500?

I have an A at a school I am equally excited about as Emory, and I'm trying to decide if it is worth the emotional roller coaster of finding out in JUNE OR LATER for Emory, especially if the WL pool is ginormous.
Based on previous years threads, and no reports of post-interview rejections this year or years previous, I believe everyone who isn't offered admission after interviewing is offered WL. I don't think the number is quite 500, I feel I remember seeing on an Interview outcome data sheet that emory interviews approximately 600 and they may over accept at first. This is speculation, but I think it's safe to guess the WL is at least offered to anywhere from 200-400 applicants.

Heads up, MSAR updated to reflect 2019-2020 cycle data and, wow, Emory’s MCAT median is now 517. Went up 2-3 points.

Did Emory release a 2021 match list?
I only saw a couple of students who were highlighted.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the deal with Emory's second look?

Does anyone know the deal with Emory's second look?
An MS1 posted on the fb group page about how they're going to organize a virtual second look for us during the week of 4/19-4/23 - don't think anything's set in stone yet though!

I just withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users