2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The email does say it's from the admissions team and not FA...
I saw this too, hope it means good news but don't want to jinx anything lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm reading too much into it bc after 4 post-interview WLs, I just want one A...not expecting much but would be very upsetting if this turned out to be a WL too :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
It's also just so strange that when you log on to your portal and go to communication status, there is all the secondary and interview communication and then the OPUS. I hate that if it means nothing they couldn't have waited a week.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to keep stressing this OPUS email...but is anyone who is waiting on a decision NOT get this email?? It seems like everyone waiting here has gotten one...so in that case, it wouldn't mean much

Just got the call from Dr. Gross!!! MSTP acceptance!!! I still can't believe it...

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi guys! Does anyone know how WLs and Rs are sent? (i.e. portal update, email, snail mail, etc.)

Hi guys! Does anyone know how WLs and Rs are sent? (i.e. portal update, email, snail mail, etc.)
Based on the info given on the interview day, it seems like alternate status will be notified by email (MD) or phone (MSTP). I'm not sure about rejections though... I'm assuming it'll be by email? And I'm sure you'll be able to see your status on your portal as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we still have to wait until Wednesday again to find out via portal? or are they released any earlier since this is the last one...

anyone get an email from multicultural affairs today? not sure if they're doing that this time

anyone get an email from multicultural affairs today? not sure if they're doing that this time
During the last wave, it sounds like someone got the email on the day decisions were mailed, so maybe tomorrow?

so we don't necessarily find out if we're getting anything today right? the portal doesn't update till Wednesday?

so we don't necessarily find out if we're getting anything today right? the portal doesn't update till Wednesday?
You’re right, but usually a couple of acceptees would have posted by now. But nada, not even the multicultural e-mails. I wonder if the A’s offered were just very few in number.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)

You’re right, but usually a couple of acceptees would have posted by now. But nada, not even the multicultural e-mails. I wonder if the A’s offered were just very few in number.
I received no emails nor phone calls after my acceptance call on Friday night. My portal is not updated either. I think they might be behind schedule this time...

• Hmm
this silence is scary but it would be weird if they only offered a few A's this last wave... I swear after each previous wave, someone posted that they must've offered only offered a few As that wave aha so I thought there would be a lot more offered this last wave!

From past acceptances, it seems like acceptances on the day of (Monday) are only from the multicultural emails and over the next few days, people get portal or mail acceptances. So maybe we're not seeing A's today because the multicultural emails haven't gone out.

From past acceptances, it seems like acceptances on the day of (Monday) are only from the multicultural emails and over the next few days, people get portal or mail acceptances. So maybe we're not seeing A's today because the multicultural emails haven't gone out.
i'm just wondering when the emails will start rolling out bc from my understanding, you either get a waitlist or reject email or you get nothing today until your acceptance mail comes in sometime this week

i'm just wondering when the emails will start rolling out bc from my understanding, you either get a waitlist or reject email or you get nothing today until your acceptance mail comes in sometime this week
did they mention somewhere that they send waitlist or R emails first? I have no idea but someone earlier in the thread said that waitlist/R don't go out until after they're done sending the As...again I have no idea but I'm wondering where you saw that info

did they mention somewhere that they send waitlist or R emails first? I have no idea but someone earlier in the thread said that waitlist/R don't go out until after they're done sending the As...again I have no idea but I'm wondering where you saw that info
In the packet we got, it says on March 8th everyone will be notified of wl by email

I interpreted it as people start being reviewed for WL after March 8, and aren't necessarily notified on March 8.
looked through last year's thread and I believe you're right...alternate list invites went out 10 or so days after the last A wave. it also seems they don't really reject post-interview so it's an A or WL but not sure about that.

looked through last year's thread and I believe you're right...alternate list invites went out 10 or so days after the last A wave. it also seems they don't really reject post-interview so it's an A or WL but not sure about that.
You're telling me we have to continue waiting?! Ha! Jokes on them cause this wait may kill me before I end up hearing any news lmao. My fellow fall interviewees, hang in there!

• Care
On yall's opus account, does your admissions tile say active application or inactive application? (my thinking is that if people that are still waiting on a decision have different opus statuses, this could reveal who's getting an A or WL)

On yall's opus account, does your admissions tile say active application or inactive application? (my thinking is that if people that are still waiting on a decision have different opus statuses, this could reveal who's getting an A or WL)
mine says active applicant.

mine says active applicant.
Thanks, mine says the same, but another applicant waiting on a decision posted in this thread last week that their application status is inactive (which was similar to another applicant who was accepted)... Idk if I'm being too neurotic about this lol.

Thanks, mine says the same, but another applicant waiting on a decision posted in this thread last week that their application status is inactive (which was similar to another applicant who was accepted)... Idk if I'm being too neurotic about this lol.
Mine also says active

A couple of hours ago, my application status was inactive and it was saying no application found. I thought it was odd at the time. Just checked again and now it’s active.

A couple of hours ago, my application status was inactive and it was saying no application found. I thought it was odd at the time. Just checked again and now it’s active.
+1 I recall when I first opened OPUS on friday after we got the email that it said inactive, and now mine is showing active application. I am trying not to read into anything OPUS related too deeply

Okay, thanks for sharing. With that info, it probably isn't productive to dwell on this!

Just saw my acceptance on the portal (not OPUS)

Best of luck to everyone applying! This is my first acceptance of this cycle. I received so many R's and WL's in the last few months that I almost gave up hope. This cycle is CRUEL! Feel free to DM me if you need someone to talk to. I believe in you ❤️

Also, my OPUS admissions tile still says "active"

Edit: I'm an MSTP applicant. The timeline might be slightly different for MD applicants. I'm so sorry for not being clear earlier and causing so much anxiety!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Just saw my acceptance on the portal (not OPUS)

Best of luck to everyone applying! This is my first acceptance of this cycle. I received so many R's and WL's in the last few months that I almost gave up hope. This cycle is CRUEL! Feel free to DM me if you need someone to talk to. I believe in you ❤️

Also, my OPUS admissions tile still says "active"
Congrats!!! Are you not regular MD?

I'm MSTP. Sorry for not being clear 🙈
Damn. You just gave us regular MD more hope again. Now the anxiety is back lmao.

But congrats on the A!!

Damn. You just gave us regular MD more hope again. Now the anxiety is back lmao.

But congrats on the A!!
I'm so sorry about that 😬 Best of luck to you! There's always hope ❤️

• Care
Just checked my portal and i was accepted! Regular MD btw.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
If we don't see a portal update right now, do we assume we weren't accepted this round? Or could we still see a change tomorrow?

• Sad
Do portal changes usually happen at the same time for everyone?

Do portal changes usually happen at the same time for everyone?
they seemed to have happened at the same time the past rounds (around 10-12 on Wednesday). However, they are all over the place this last round...by calling MD applicants which they don't do usually, updating portals on Monday, etc. so I feel like we still have some hope? this is torture tho...

they seemed to have happened at the same time the past rounds (around 10-12 on Wednesday). However, they are all over the place this last round...by calling MD applicants which they don't do usually, updating portals on Monday, etc. so I feel like we still have some hope? this is torture tho...
There are also no reported office of multicultural affairs emails, which is odd

Thank you!! I interviewed on Feb. 22nd
congrats to you!!
so this person was among the last interviews so maybe they finished inputting those people and are getting to those that have been waiting later :unsure:
idk my wishful thinking continues....