2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, according to the email (14k+ applicants) and last year's post II acceptance data, Emory had almost double the number of applicants this cycle... brutal
Where did you get this spreadsheet from?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait, according to the email (14k+ applicants) and last year's post II acceptance data, Emory had almost double the number of applicants this cycle... brutal
I think on MSAR the number is closer to 10K but still a HUGE difference. I have no idea where all these applicants came from! I was expecting a lot less the cycle tbh

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea where all these applicants came from!
They're people who were originally going to apply next cycle but either got plans cancelled or thought this cycle would be easier (based on my reddit poll). Fauci effect is negligible.

Reactions: 2 users
I think on MSAR the number is closer to 10K but still a HUGE difference. I have no idea where all these applicants came from! I was expecting a lot less the cycle tbh
how do you guys know the number of applicants this year

When's the March A wave again? Fingers crossed for all the Fall interviewees here <3

March 8 - and I'm right there with you, the wait has been excruciating but hoping for the best!!

• Care
When's the March A wave again? Fingers crossed for all the Fall interviewees here <3
March 8 - and I'm right there with you, the wait has been excruciating but hoping for the best!!
with both of you too--interviewed back in early October. Good luck to all of us.
Not sure how true it is that they keep everyone in consideration until the end, but I'm hoping its true!!

• Care
Was the priority deadline on Feb 15th or Feb 17th? I know the interview packet said the 15th, but the financial aid systems said the 17th.

Did they encourage us to fill out the financial aid info before being accepted or only after being accepted? They told us during interviews I recall, but I can't remember 😕

Did anyone else who hasn't been accepted get an email about filling out financial aid?? Did they just send that out to everyone who applied?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else who hasn't been accepted get an email about filling out financial aid?? Did they just send that out to everyone who applied?
I got one about completing a CSS profile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I did too. Thought they said to not fill out the CSS profile till you're accepted, but guess I was wrong!

Got the email this morning, and an acceptance call this evening!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
congrats to you!! but this is confusing since they have said that they send acceptances only on specific dates...
It sounds like MD/PhD applicants, because regular MD doesn’t get calls.

Got the email this morning, and an acceptance call this evening!
First, congratulations! An amazing accomplishment. MD/PhD acceptances shouldn't be coming out until March 6-8... can you confirm if you're MD or MD/PhD?

Last edited:
Did anyone just get an email about their OPUS account being live from emory med ? what does this mean !!

Edit: it clearly states at the bottom "Please remember that notices from the Office of Financial Aid are separate from notices regarding the status of your medical school application" sad day

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone just get an email about their OPUS account being live from emory med ? what does this mean !!
just got this too and have no idea what it means. however, it does seem to say that this is separate from the status of our app

Reactions: 1 users
can any previously accepted students let us know if they got this email or what this means :(

can any previously accepted students let us know if they got this email or what this means :(
I was accepted 10/27/2020 and also just received this email

Edit: to be clear though, I've been able to access my OPUS account for a while now so this email didn't do much for me

I was accepted 10/27/2020 and also just received this email

Edit: to be clear though, I've been able to access my OPUS account for a while now so this email didn't do much for me
oh ok! thank you for the reply. Sorry for an additional question but when you log in--on the top, does it say applicant or student (or whatever else)? Mine says applicant so I'm wondering if its different for accepted students

I am accepted and got the OPUS email! Does anyone know when they will start releasing FA packages?

oh ok! thank you for the reply. Sorry for an additional question but when you log in--on the top, does it say applicant or student (or whatever else)? Mine says applicant so I'm wondering if its different for accepted students
no worries at all. It also says applicant for me. But in the Admissions tile under the document and person icons, it says "No active application"

no worries at all. It also says applicant for me. But in the Admissions tile under the document and person icons, it says "No active application"
thank you--it says the same for me! however, I'll try and not read too much into it and get my hopes up aha

Yep same here! I think we might be getting it b/c we submitted FA before getting a decision
actually--I didn't/can't submit for any FA because I'm international ... that's why I'm extra unsure why I'm getting it

• Wow
actually--I didn't/can't submit for any FA because I'm international ... that's why I'm extra unsure why I'm getting it
Oh very interesting! FWIW I got an OPUS email from the FA office ~2 weeks ago so I already have OPUS set up... that's why I thought it was weird that I'm hearing from admissions about OPUS this time

Just 3 more days until decision day! And then we won't have to tortuously wonder about these FA emails! lol

Reactions: 3 users
Oh very interesting! FWIW I got an OPUS email from the FA office ~2 weeks ago so I already have OPUS set up... that's why I thought it was weird that I'm hearing from admissions about OPUS this time
oh ok! ty for that info---yeah I have no idea what this could mean so I'll just not get my hopes up! Who knows--maybe everyone is receiving it or they're sending it to both A/WLs...we'll find out in a few days

did anyone NOT get an opus email that is waiting on a decision?

Jumping on the "got an OPUS email and still awaiting a decision" train. Talk about a heart attack when I saw the admissions email address pop-up in my inbox. I'm also not trying to read too much into it

Reactions: 5 users
me: knows that emory doesn't send decisions via email
still me: sees an email from emory and almost passes out

I can't want for that decision LOL

Did anyone who was accepted and met with the office of multicultural affairs NOT receive an acceptance email from them? I’m wondering if I should look out for it or if there’s still hope even if I don’t get it

First, congratulations! An amazing accomplishment. MD/PhD acceptances shouldn't be coming out until March 6-8... can you confirm if you're MD or MD/PhD?
Sorry for adding to anxiety! I personally never got my MD (only) interview packet in the mail, so they may have called me specifically for that reason. They confirmed that acceptance packets would be sent to arrive next week.

Not to get my hopes up, but like if you were not accepted, why would they send the OPUS thing to you? I guess they could send it and waitlist you too

Not to get my hopes up, but like if you were not accepted, why would they send the OPUS thing to you? I guess they could send it and waitlist you too
that was my line of thinking too
however (and not to be negative) with the number of people reporting getting that email (and no one reporting they didn't get it), it seems more likely that it was sent to both As and WLs

that was my line of thinking too
however (and not to be negative) with the number of people reporting getting that email (and no one reporting they didn't get it), it seems more likely that it was sent to both As and WLs
I think your right. But like even if you were waitlisted why would they send this to u? It would literally be useless to their servers and them to send this to WL applicants who have no use for the site until they got in

Yep same here! I think we might be getting it b/c we submitted FA before getting a decision
I actually did not send financial aid and do not plan on it so idk if this is what it means

• Wow
I think your right. But like even if you were waitlisted why would they send this to u? It would literally be useless to their servers and them to send this to WL applicants who have no use for the site until they got in
i mean thats not necessarily true, the site is used for financial aid which WL applicants will need to proceed with while on the WL - again not to be too negative but I'm (unfortunately) not sure we can read too much into it

Most schools give you your financial aid reward with the acceptance when you get off the WL so it would make sense they send access to the site being used to track/send out financial aid rewards.

ugh I dont' see anything on previous years' threads about what this could mean either---anyone else see anything?