You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congratulations!!! did you receive a call or e-mail?Accepted, my first one! Interviewed mid-November and I'm so excited! This cycle has been such a roller coaster of emotions lol. Good luck to everyone 😀
via email? anything change on your portal?Accepted, my first one! Interviewed mid-November and I'm so excited! This cycle has been such a roller coaster of emotions lol. Good luck to everyone 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulations!!! did you receive a call or e-mail?
Email only. And yes change in portal with offer letter, technical standards, etc!via email? anything change on your portal?
congrats!!!!Email only. And yes change in portal with offer letter, technical standards, etc!
D
deleted1017749
A from an 11/4 interview rn!
I haven’t seen anything about that. But also wondering this.Has anyone been accepted from the deferred status yet this cycle?
bobabrainz
Full Member
Also deferred. Interviewed 11/13.
Accepted! Interviewed 11/13
averyprettymoose
New Member
I was also deferred today, interviewed 11/18. Really not wanting to wait any longer so if they’re not gonna take me I wish they’d just hit me with the R already 😭Has anyone been accepted from the deferred status yet this cycle?
Anyone know how often the committee meets?
It seems like they meet approximately once a month.I was also deferred today, interviewed 11/18. Really not wanting to wait any longer so if they’re not gonna take me I wish they’d just hit me with the R already 😭
Anyone know how often the committee meets?
therenegade
Full Member
Deferred
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone else with a November interview still not hear anything?
11/4 interview, just got deferred. Congrats to all those accepted though!
xtb20ltsolxx
Full Member
Deferred, interviewed 11/13 ):
bunsenburnerbabe
Full Member
i think a few people last year ended up getting accepted off the deferred list. also i know someone who goes to gcsom who said half of her class got off deferred/WL in the summer... so there's still plenty of hope. just gotta wait it out. i'm in the same boat as you too.Anyone know how common it is to get accepted after being deferred?
Appreciate this. Thank you 🙂i think a few people last year ended up getting accepted off the deferred list. also i know someone who goes to gcsom who said half of her class got off deferred/WL in the summer... so there's still plenty of hope. just gotta wait it out. i'm in the same boat as you too.
Pre-II R just now. OOS. Complete mid-September
catlover98
Full Member
Pre-II R. Complete end of October
Oof Pre-II R just now (OOS). Hilarious, I got their information packet in the mail today too.
R just now, sent an update last week lmao complete late July
Were any of you on pre-ii hold before the pre-ii R?
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Do you know if the deferred list is ranked in any way?i think a few people last year ended up getting accepted off the deferred list. also i know someone who goes to gcsom who said half of her class got off deferred/WL in the summer... so there's still plenty of hope. just gotta wait it out. i'm in the same boat as you too.
Pre-II R today (OOS)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was notWere any of you on pre-ii hold before the pre-ii R?
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
11/4 interview, just got deferred. Congrats to all those accepted though!
Interviewed 11/13 and deferred. Really surprised about this.
Sending good vibes your way! Don't lose hope!Deferred, interviewed 11/13 ):
Out of curiosity (and fear of course), to anyone deferred, how did you feel your interviews went? Was there any part of your interview day that you feel could've changed things for the better?
therenegade
Full Member
I got deferred, but not surprised whatsoever. Student interview was 10/10. Faculty interview was quite mixed. I felt as if my interviewer was just going through the motions. They also didn't like my questions -- a bit standoffish in that sense. Take that as you will.Sending good vibes your way! Don't lose hope!
Out of curiosity (and fear of course), to anyone deferred, how did you feel your interviews went? Was there any part of your interview day that you feel could've changed things for the better?
Haikyuu
Full Member
Student interview 8/10, hard questions but got through them. Faculty interview 10/10, they loved me. Probably got deferred because I’m OOS :/Sending good vibes your way! Don't lose hope!
Out of curiosity (and fear of course), to anyone deferred, how did you feel your interviews went? Was there any part of your interview day that you feel could've changed things for the better?
Last edited:
bunsenburnerbabe
Full Member
Do you know if the deferred list is ranked in any way?
i'm not sure, i really don't know anything about the process, and i'm not going to guess either /:
i'm sure though that the committee has their eyes on people who they will extend offers to down the line when seats are given up, and many seats will be given up, and that's for sure. Remain humble, trust the process... good things will come.
I thought both my faculty and student interview went REALLY well. Luckily, if I don't get in here I have another A, but I'm bummed cause I really liked this school. (I'm also OOS)Sending good vibes your way! Don't lose hope!
Out of curiosity (and fear of course), to anyone deferred, how did you feel your interviews went? Was there any part of your interview day that you feel could've changed things for the better?
this is EXACTLY how it went for me, and I got deferred! best of luck to uI got deferred, but not surprised whatsoever. Student interview was 10/10. Faculty interview was quite mixed. I felt as if my interviewer was just going through the motions. They also didn't like my questions -- a bit standoffish in that sense. Take that as you will.
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Student interview 8/10, hard questions but got through them. Faculty interview 10/10, they loved me. Probably got deferred because I’m OOS :/
I got deferred, but not surprised whatsoever. Student interview was 10/10. Faculty interview was quite mixed. I felt as if my interviewer was just going through the motions. They also didn't like my questions -- a bit standoffish in that sense. Take that as you will.
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I am also OOS so that's scary...I thought both my faculty and student interview went REALLY well. Luckily, if I don't get in here I have another A, but I'm bummed cause I really liked this school. (I'm also OOS)
Still sending those good vibes though!
Meanyone else with a November interview still not hear anything?
It's torture
Keep checking my spam
might just keep my phone turned off all day tomorrow because today was ROUGH haha feel you sending good vibesMe
It's torture
Keep checking my spam
I think students are placed on re-reveiw but I don't know if this process is ranked. My guess is probably not.Do you know if the deferred list is ranked in any way?
I remember them saying that deferred status means that the committee did not make a decision yet and this is not equivalent to a waitlist/alternate list status. You could be Accepted or rejected (or put on waitlist?)from being on the deferred status.
It's not over yet!
Does anyone remember approximately when their interview day ended? I see the last Powerpoint is at 1pm but that is all.
futuredoc738
Full Member
For my interview, they did breakout rooms on Zoom after an introduction and diversity presentationFor those of you who have interviewed, did you guys have separate times for the one-on-one? I only got one time (9am) to log onto zoom in the morning and there was nothing mentioned in the email about a separate time for the actual interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ohh so you get assigned on the spot to an interviewer? And everybody interviews at once?For my interview, they did breakout rooms on Zoom after an introduction and diversity presentation
futuredoc738
Full Member
Yes and then you switch to the other student/faculty interviewerOhh so you get assigned on the spot to an interviewer? And everybody interviews at once?
Gotcha thanks!! A lot of nerves going on hahaYes and then you switch to the other student/faculty interviewer
it was about 130pmDoes anyone remember approximately when their interview day ended? I see the last Powerpoint is at 1pm but that is all.
Thanks!it was about 130pm