2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the Abigail email. I have not received an II. The email says to fill out FASFA by November 10, 2020. So am I supposed to fill out FASFA even though I haven't even been invited to interview? This seems odd? What is everyone else doing?

Also, the email says there are 2 documents attached but I only see 1?

I plan on calling the school but wanted to ask here first.
 
I received the Abigail email. I have not received an II. The email says to fill out FASFA by November 10, 2020. So am I supposed to fill out FASFA even though I haven't even been invited to interview? This seems odd? What is everyone else doing?

Also, the email says there are 2 documents attached but I only see 1?

I plan on calling the school but wanted to ask here first.
I thought the SAME thing about the email.. only one document attached.
 
I received the Abigail email. I have not received an II. The email says to fill out FASFA by November 10, 2020. So am I supposed to fill out FASFA even though I haven't even been invited to interview? This seems odd? What is everyone else doing?

Also, the email says there are 2 documents attached but I only see 1?

I plan on calling the school but wanted to ask here first.
It does seem a bit weird that they’re sending loan related info to people who haven’t even interviewed yet. I’m not sure why we would need this so far in advance without even being invited to interview
 
It does seem a bit weird that they’re sending loan related info to people who haven’t even interviewed yet. I’m not sure why we would need this so far in advance without even being invited to interview
Hm, the only thought that comes to my mind is perhaps getting a sense of the economic background of their applicants? I figure they want students who are coming from underserved regions or economically stricken areas to be in the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program.
 
Hi everyone! I was wondering if there were any current Geisinger med students or alumni around. I had a question regarding the upload of lectures. I know this might not be the BEST forum but I don't know where I should post this. Goodluck to everyone applying ! I'm an M1 so I feel your pain so closely.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My apologies for the late update. I called the school about the Abigail email. It took a few tries since I almost always went to voicemail. The person on the phone said that even if you have not been extended an interview invite, you still need to fill out the FASFA form. So basically, no matter your status at this school (II or none), fill it out lol. They need the FASFA information if you end up being interviewed/accepted down the road. I hope this helps anyone that wanted clarity!
 
My apologies for the late update. I called the school about the Abigail email. It took a few tries since I almost always went to voicemail. The person on the phone said that even if you have not been extended an interview invite, you still need to fill out the FASFA form. So basically, no matter your status at this school (II or none), fill it out lol. They need the FASFA information if you end up being interviewed/accepted down the road. I hope this helps anyone that wanted clarity!
Appreciate you telling us
 
My apologies for the late update. I called the school about the Abigail email. It took a few tries since I almost always went to voicemail. The person on the phone said that even if you have not been extended an interview invite, you still need to fill out the FASFA form. So basically, no matter your status at this school (II or none), fill it out lol. They need the FASFA information if you end up being interviewed/accepted down the road. I hope this helps anyone that wanted clarity!
Isn’t the average number of schools that applicants apply to is ~20? FAFSA only allows you to enter 10 schools. And yeah, you can make as many modifications to your FAFSA as you want but I’d recommend to only including schools that have sent you an II.
 
Isn’t the average number of schools that applicants apply to is ~20? FAFSA only allows you to enter 10 schools. And yeah, you can make as many modifications to your FAFSA as you want but I’d recommend to only including schools that have sent you an II.
You can manually add more than 10 if you call FAFSA. Agreed though, don't add any (other than Geisinger) until you've received an II.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn’t the average number of schools that applicants apply to is ~20? FAFSA only allows you to enter 10 schools. And yeah, you can make as many modifications to your FAFSA as you want but I’d recommend to only including schools that have sent you an II.
Yeah, applicants typically apply to many schools! However, the update I made is specific to Geisinger. That is just what their financial aid office told me when I called.
 
Has anyone gotten an II without Orgo 2? It doesn't seem like this school accepts biochem over orgo 2
Legit just sat through an info session and someone asked this question. The presenter said they 100% do not accept any substitutes for pre-reqs, but that you just need to complete pre-reqs by the time you matriculate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who filled out FAFSA for the program here know if we can add schools later?

I filled it out today cause they said for those interested in the Abigail Geisinger program they needed it completed by today. But I only put this school on it since others haven’t asked
 
Anyone who filled out FAFSA for the program here know if we can add schools later?

I filled it out today cause they said for those interested in the Abigail Geisinger program they needed it completed by today. But I only put this school on it since others haven’t asked
I'm pretty sure after FAFSA gets processed, you can go back to your application and add more schools!