-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm prayingAnyone who interviewed 9/21 think we'll get decisions this week?
I really hope so!!Anyone who interviewed 9/21 think we'll get decisions this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not looking so good for a decision this week 🙁
8 weeks Monday...Not looking so good for a decision this week 🙁
This is so roughNot looking so good for a decision this week 🙁
UGH i'm so impatient8 weeks Monday...
captainpicard314
Full Member
Not looking so good for a decision this week 🙁
UGH i'm so impatient
This is so rough
This is getting pretty ridiculous
D
deleted1057987
Pre-II R just now. Expected since they are interviewing so far out :/
veggiepremed
Full Member
dang, keep your head up! when were you complete?Pre-II R just now. Expected since they are interviewing so far out :/
I really did not think it would take this long!This is getting pretty ridiculous
ohmggthissux
Full Member
I was really hoping that having 3 interviews in September would mean hearing at least one decision by now🙄I really did not think it would take this long!
D
deleted1057987
Late July early August!dang, keep your head up! when were you complete?
captainpicard314
Full Member
I was really hoping that having 3 interviews in September would mean hearing at least one decision by now🙄
I really did not think it would take this long!
No advantage in getting early interviews if the wait is 2 months haha. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty angry.
Lowkey I'm probably going to hear back about my late October interview before this one at this point 😒I was really hoping that having 3 interviews in September would mean hearing at least one decision by now🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it would be today because I have some current connections with the school and something made me hopeful in an email but nopeNo advantage in getting early interviews if the wait is 2 months haha. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty angry.
Have they started interviewing for the abigal scholars program yet?
Based off of previous posts on this thread, yesHave they started interviewing for the abigal scholars program yet?
D
deleted889667
Pretty sure if you indicated that you were interested in the program on your secondary, they will consider that as you participate in your interview day (I don't think there is a specific interview for the program but that it's lumped into the normal interview day).Have they started interviewing for the abigal scholars program yet?
Yeah, there aren't separate interviews for this, as far as I know. You are being considered if you stated you were interested on your secondary.Have they started interviewing for the abigal scholars program yet?
Based off of previous posts on this thread, yes
Pretty sure if you indicated that you were interested in the program on your secondary, they will consider that as you participate in your interview day (I don't think there is a specific interview for the program but that it's lumped into the normal interview day).
Got it, thanks!Yeah, there aren't separate interviews for this, as far as I know. You are being considered if you stated you were interested on your secondary.
Do we think it's going to be tomorrow?I thought it would be today because I have some current connections with the school and something made me hopeful in an email but nope
I hope!Do we think it's going to be tomorrow?
captainpicard314
Full Member
Do we think it's going to be tomorrow?
The skeptic in me doubts it. If they had been ready to release decisions tomorrow, wouldn't they just have released them Friday? I hope I'm wrong!
looks like they released decisions 11/15 last year so tomorrow is the first workday i guessThe skeptic in me doubts it. If they had been ready to release decisions tomorrow, wouldn't they just have released them Friday? I hope I'm wrong!
And exactly 8 weeks if they want to be in that timeframe 🤔looks like they released decisions 11/15 last year so tomorrow is the first workday i guess
captainpicard314
Full Member
looks like they released decisions 11/15 last year so tomorrow is the first workday i guess
And exactly 8 weeks if they want to be in that timeframe 🤔
Anything?
nopeAnything?
ohmggthissux
Full Member
i give upnope
im sorry to hear that 🙁 would you mind sharing stats? thanks!Pre-II R just now. Expected since they are interviewing so far out :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
captainpicard314
Full Member
Deferred, thanks for the 8 week wait
ACCEPTED! Interviewed 9/21
TokenJewGuy
Full Member
Hey everybody, hope you are all doing well. I just received an email from GCSOM stating that I have been deferred... I just wanted to know if any of you have any information or idea about how likely I am to be accepted at this point. I believe during the interview they said that deferred is better than waitlisted so I am just curious if that is true and what to expect at this point...
regina-phalange
Full Member
Has everyone that interviewed on 9/21 received their decision?
I'm not sure but also deferred just now, interviewed mid OctoberHey everybody, hope you are all doing well. I just received an email from GCSOM stating that I have been deferred... I just wanted to know if any of you have any information or idea about how likely I am to be accepted at this point. I believe during the interview they said that deferred is better than waitlisted so I am just curious if that is true and what to expect at this point...
really thought this was the school I could count on too because the interview felt like it went great :/
captainpicard314
Full Member
Has everyone that interviewed on 9/21 received their decision?
Yeah I did, deferred
TokenJewGuy
Full Member
Same here. I feel defeated. Hopefully it turns into an A tho.I'm not sure but also deferred just now, interviewed mid October
really thought this was the school I could count on too because the interview felt like it went great :/
Anyone know when the next round might go out?
Any insight as to if these are daily, weekly, monthly, or random?
From last year's thread looks like they go out once a month
deferredHas everyone that interviewed on 9/21 received their decision?
Yep I got deferredHas everyone that interviewed on 9/21 received their decision?
Yep I got deferred
+1
regina-phalange
Full Member
Yeah I did, deferred
deferred
Yep I got deferred
Thanks for answering y’all. My email must’ve been delayed but just got my deferred status too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
realized a ton of my friends don't know what "deferred" meansThanks for answering y’all. My email must’ve been delayed but just got my deferred status too
captainpicard314
Full Member
realized a ton of my friends don't know what "deferred" means
Deferred = Indefinite Pain
Has anyone else who interviewed 10/14 heard back? I haven't
SO TRUE.Deferred = Indefinite Pain