2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted on 8/12 and JUST got the complete email on 11/4..... is this normal or.....? how long after complete email are decisions typically being made?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on 8/12 and JUST got the complete email on 11/4..... is this normal or.....? how long after complete email are decisions typically being made?
Read the rest of the thread. They are very behind this year due to personnel changes. After to get the complete email, they say 3/4 weeks to hear about an interview.

Just got 7 rejection emails from this school back to back OK I GET IT jeez

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Kinda. I submitted early August. Got the complete email Oct 10. R this morning (3 emails informing me of the rejection)
Same, except I received 9 in a row. I hope this is just a glitch and not real rejections.

Reactions: 2 users
R just now
Secondary sent August 2nd
Complete Sept 16th
Gluck current and future applicants

• Care
They really really must hate me.... 19 emails and counting

Dang, I was worried when I got on the waitlist, they are sending you all an R and rubbing that rejection. Hopefully, it is a glitch, I see no reason you need to send an R more than once or twice. 17...19 rejections? What the o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Reminds me of last year when they accidentally sent me an acceptance, but I was actually waitlisted. Worst feeling ever. :dead:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Dear Marian,

I get it. You don’t want me. But do you need to send me 30 rejection emails to say it?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
This is by far the funniest and saddest goof-up I have ever heard a med school do. I hope you guys end up somewhere else.

This is by far the funniest and saddest goof-up I have ever heard a med school do. I hope you guys end up somewhere else.

About a month ago I was rejected from a school pre-secondary. They then had some glitch and sent emails out to a bunch of people (not me) about a secondary. They then sent me another email telling me to disregard the email (that I didn't get) and that I definitely was rejected.

That's okay. I just got my second interview invite just now. Am a happy Mother of Dragonflies.

• Care
  • Sad
Got another email apologizing for the error but that the rejection was accurate 😂

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
To those who got IIs;

Did anyone get an II without an official "secondary is complete" email? Either because you emailed/called about the status and were told then that it was complete or you simply never got one?

I emailed about mine a week ago and they said it was complete but I never got the official. Might I get an II without an official complete email?
They seem to be very behind. I summitted my application in July and received completion email about two weeks ago. 503 MCAT 3.85 GPA

Interviewed here today, wanted to say the faculty were all incredible. They did seem to be slightly behind and also noted they were trending to interview more than their average (which was around like 530 I believe). Hold on strong all

Does MU-COM set up rotations for us in our third and fourth years or do we have to set them up?

Does anyone have any knowledge of waitlist movement before May? Thank you :)

I know people last year who got off the waitlist in May. I wouldn't worry too too much about being stuck on the waitlist.

• Love
They usually pull once in January, once in March, once in May and then as needed throughout the summer!

• Love
checked my portal today and all my letters were checked off and it says my application is complete - when should I expected the application complete email?

Interview Invite today! Submitted earlier September.

Put on the alternate list post-II. Slightly felt like it was partial yield protection as I had a strong mission fit, local, alum letter etc but scores significantly higher than their profile. But best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Accepted today!

Reactions: 8 users
II today! Complete early October as well.

• Love
somehow forgot to apply to this school and on my excel doc i had it listed as "waiting".... yes I was waiting for my ******* to send my primary.

sent primary Thursday last week, received my secondary today!!!!

Withdrew my application here. Hoping my seat goes to one of you! I truly think Marian is a great school and I would have been very happy here, but I'm choosing my in-state school instead. Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Submitted almost 4 weeks ago and still haven't been marked complete. Is it normal or should I contact the school? Thanks!!!

Sorry to hear :/ That could be good though! Better than an R for sure. Can I ask if they said how many waitlists they have?
I don't think they said anything about multiple lists. And honestly I didn't vibe with the school at the interview so it's okay! I will be withdrawing. Better luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think they said anything about multiple lists. And honestly I didn't vibe with the school at the interview so it's okay! I will be withdrawing. Better luck to you all!
Thanks-can I ask what the interview was like? Sorry to keep bothering you, no worries if you'd rather not talk about it. I just got an interview so am curious.

Anyone know how they select off the waitlist? Is it basically first added first chosen, or do they do more of a holistic review?

Thanks-can I ask what the interview was like? Sorry to keep bothering you, no worries if you'd rather not talk about it. I just got an interview so am curious.
It was pretty standard, just a presentation then one interview with 2 faculty. It was less conversational than other interviews I've had, but nothing to stress about. My interviewers were super nice. There is a lot of downtime during the day too.

Anyone know how they select off the waitlist? Is it basically first added first chosen, or do they do more of a holistic review?
The best bet would be to call them but from what I heard you are put on one of many lists and they will review all the waitlisted people. Not sure when the movement starts, if much will even occur this cycle.

Is the deposit fee for an acceptance $250 or $750? I am trying to plan out my finances in case I am lucky enough, but I saw conflicting info on their website.