2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the deposit fee for an acceptance $250 or $750? I am trying to plan out my finances in case I am lucky enough, but I saw conflicting info on their website.
The initial deposit is $250. The second deposit isn’t due until May. I hope this helps, and you get that A!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone who had interviews tell me how long it usually takes to get an II after receiving the email that says, "At this time, your file is being forwarded to a member of our Admissions Committee who will decide if you are invited for a virtual interview,"?

They say at least 4 weeks but I doubt it will be on time with how backed up this cycle is

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who had interviews tell me how long it usually takes to get an II after receiving the email that says, "At this time, your file is being forwarded to a member of our Admissions Committee who will decide if you are invited for a virtual interview,"?

They say at least 4 weeks but I doubt it will be on time with how backed up this cycle is
You got a complete email? I didn't get anything, i logged in today and it was marked complete xD

Members don't see this ad :)

I got an II after about 7 weeks after my file was received. Hang in there, with the holidays, processes are likely slowing down a bit, too. You've got this, rooting for you :)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via phone call just now! Complete late august, interview invite mid-November, interviewed last Monday (9 days ago). 510, 3.8, OOS (Ohio) with weak ties, and Catholic affiliation. So excited to go here!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Should we expect to see any movement on the waitlist in January or do you think they’re so backed up that there probably won’t be much movement until March?

Last edited:
hey guys, current 4th year here ..feel free to message with any questions. don't fret about the waitlist, it's out of your control for the most part (can send a letter of intent if it is for sure your #1, and significant updates) so try to be patient. i got selected off the waitlist late may. and i know things are different this year because of covid and staff shortage. you guys are applying during an extremely competitive and difficult year so props to you for how far youve made it and things will work out how they are supposed to!

II just a few minutes ago!

Reactions: 4 users
II about half an hour ago!

Reactions: 4 users
II today too! I am withdrawing my app though. All dates available were in March. Also, I submitted my secondary app on 07/14, got marked complete on 10/19, and finally got the invite today. Good luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier this afternoon, complete email 11/24, Canadian :)

Pre-II R today. Complete 11/24, submitted in July

• Care
My file is listed as complete, but I've yet to receive an email... hmm...

I withdrew my application and cancelled my II, hope it goes to one of you, good luck fellow applicants! :)

II today too! I am withdrawing my app though. All dates available were in March. Also, I submitted my secondary app on 07/14, got marked complete on 10/19, and finally got the invite today. Good luck to those still waiting!

what email did you use to withdraw your app? I'm withdrawing as well. and did you get a reply after contacting them? thx.

Just got them email that the virtual accepted students event is January 14th from 1-3:30pm EST. This is super dumb, but what do you normally wear for a second look event? I’m the first in my family to pursue medicine so this is all kind of new to me. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Pre-II hold. Completed on 8/24 and received the completed file email today. Surprisingly, they let me know of the hold literally a few hours after the completed file email was sent lol...

• Care
Pre-II hold. Completed on 8/24 and received the completed file email today. Surprisingly, they let me know of the hold literally a few hours after the completed file email was sent lol...
Damn, my file showed complete like the other week on the portal, I probably won't even receive a complete email until the end of the cycle lol

• Sad
Damn, my file showed complete like the other week on the portal, I probably won't even receive a complete email until the end of the cycle lol
same been shown complete in portal but no email for over a month lmao.

Anyone know or heard of people getting and II after being placed on hold? Was placed on hold today...

Anyone know or heard of people getting and II after being placed on hold? Was placed on hold today...
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that would probably happen later in the cycle and depend on how many seats are left after interviews. I can't speak on if there is movement from hold like with waitlists at other schools, but all you can do now is stay positive and look into if they accept update letters and letters of interest. I do not know those answers either, but hopefully someone here does. Best of luck

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that would probably happen later in the cycle and depend on how many seats are left after interviews. I can't speak on if there is movement from hold like with waitlists at other schools, but all you can do now is stay positive and look into if they accept update letters and letters of interest. I do not know those answers either, but hopefully someone here does. Best of luck
Thank you!!!

I hear in Jan they start pulling from the waitlist. When do they do this, and how many people do they expect to pull this year, or is the class full already?

I hear in Jan they start pulling from the waitlist. When do they do this, and how many people do they expect to pull this year, or is the class full already?
Is it true some have been pulled of WL in January??

got this email even though I submitted secondary in the summer "I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission into the entering fall 2021 class is now complete. I appreciate your compiling all of the materials for us."

Do people usually get an II or rejection after receiving an email like this?

Is it true some have been pulled of WL in January??
I'm pretty sure previous years they started pulling from the waitlist in late January.

Anyone know what's going on currently? Will there be some more IIs this month?

Anyone attending the accepted students' day tomorrow? If so, do you know what we're supposed to be wearing? Suit, business-casual, etc.?

Anyone attending the accepted students' day tomorrow? If so, do you know what we're supposed to be wearing? Suit, business-casual, etc.?
tell them to send me an ii and we can talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They really didn’t say and i didn’t get a response from one of my posts earlier on SDN. I reached out to a bunch of people and the consensus seems to be a suit is totally over-kill since we are already accepted, but don’t look like a bum either. Button down and no tie seem just right (business-casual). That’s what i’ll be wearing :) Can’t wait to meet you tomorrow!

They really didn’t say and i didn’t get a response from one of my posts earlier on SDN. I reached out to a bunch of people and the consensus seems to be a suit is totally over-kill since we are already accepted, but don’t look like a bum either. Button down and no tie seem just right (business-casual). That’s what i’ll be wearing :) Can’t wait to meet you tomorrow!
Thank you!

Just to update anyone else who was placed on a pre-II hold too. I was on Jan 6th and got an II today. So don't lose hope if you are placed on the pre-II hold!!!

• Care
  • Love
Was complete in Nov but still haven't heard anything... anyone in a similar situation?

wow, congrats! mind telling us when you were complete?
I submitted my secondary and everything at the very end of July. Didn't get the "complete" email until mid-December. It took them foreverrr to process my application after submitting for whatever reason.

Just got an interview invite. Earliest date was April 19th and there was a date open for April 23rd. Was complete in like July or something.

Edit: I was complete in September

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any teaching fellowships or anything at this school? I couldn't find anything but just wanted to double-check.

rrrrrreeeeejection, complete 9/12, LM 65.5, 512 mcat bleh gpa

• Care
Got the R yesterday evening

• Care