-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted928067
did they send this to everyone?Anyone get excited by the “Admissions” email that was really just a prospective student newsletter? Don’t play with my emotions like that!
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Dont think so. I didnt get one.did they send this to everyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dont think so. I didnt get one.
I also didn't receive one
D
deleted928067
did everyone that interview get one? i guess what im asking: anyone interview and NOT get one?
I got an interview invite, but got the email. My interview is tomorrow.did everyone that interview get one? i guess what im asking: anyone interview and NOT get one?
D
deleted928067
perfect that answers my curiosity thank you and GL on ur I tomorrow. KILL ITI got an interview invite, but got the email. My interview is tomorrow.
thank you! I'm excited 🙂 seems like a very welcoming schoolperfect that answers my curiosity thank you and GL on ur I tomorrow. KILL IT
plant_lady
Full Member
Did anyone get the "Medical School Open House" email? I got it about half an hour ago along with the "Prospective Student Newsletter". They're really playing with my emotions. 🙁 OOS, completed 08/26.
D
deleted928067
no i didntDid anyone get the "Medical School Open House" email? I got it about half an hour ago along with the "Prospective Student Newsletter". They're really playing with my emotions. 🙁 OOS, completed 08/26.
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Same here. When was your app complete? Mine was on 9/19. I wonder if that email was sent only to those whose apps have been looked at.no i didnt
D
deleted928067
i didnt get the email but i interviewed weeks agoSame here. When was your app complete? Mine was on 9/19. I wonder if that email was sent only to those whose apps have been looked at.
R
Removed 982794
did everyone that interview get one? i guess what im asking: anyone interview and NOT get one?
nice! When were you complete and when did you interview if you don’t mind sharing? ☺️
Tacocalifornia
Full Member
Did anyone happen to ask during the interview Q&A session when we should expect to hear decisions? What are the chances that 10/2 interviewees hear back by the end of this month?
D
deleted928067
i was one of the first 2 interview days and they said we hear back october 15. can anyone else confirm?Did anyone happen to ask during the interview Q&A session when we should expect to hear decisions? What are the chances that 10/2 interviewees hear back by the end of this month?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
desperate_premed
Full Member
I was also on the 9/4 date and I think that october 15th is the earliest we might hear back! But I wouldn't be surprised if it were the following week.i was one of the first 2 interview days and they said we hear back october 15. can anyone else confirm?
Somebody in this thread did a comparison of previous years and predicted that the first three interview dates (9/4, 9/11, 9/18) would hear back on or soon after 10/15.I was also on the 9/4 date and I think that october 15th is the earliest we might hear back! But I wouldn't be surprised if it were the following week.
People that interviewed, did most of yours last an hour? Or did they finish early (slash how early lol)
OUWB does two 30-minute interviews. From my experience they were on time.People that interviewed, did most of yours last an hour? Or did they finish early (slash how early lol)
Tacocalifornia
Full Member
Were there any expected decision dates for 10/2 interview dates?Somebody in this thread did a comparison of previous years and predicted that the first three interview dates (9/4, 9/11, 9/18) would hear back on or soon after 10/15.
Both of mine exceeded the 30 mins a bit, but I think all of them last at least the full 30.People that interviewed, did most of yours last an hour? Or did they finish early (slash how early lol)
That is my understanding as well. I interviewed on 9/4.i was one of the first 2 interview days and they said we hear back october 15. can anyone else confirm?
I'm so dramatic i was about to cry cuz it ended so early when the scheduled meeting was an hour (as u can tell i was shaken by the interview a little haha so when it ended early it just confirmed my fear) but yes it is definitely two 30 minute onesOUWB does two 30-minute interviews. From my experience they were on time.
You can look through this thread, idk.Were there any expected decision dates for 10/2 interview dates?
I finished mine in like 20-25 minutes. I didnt realize that they had a half hour to do the evaluation and I thought they had other interviewers in succession/didnt want an awkward moment where someone logged into my room when I was there ( happened in a different interview).People that interviewed, did most of yours last an hour? Or did they finish early (slash how early lol)
Were there any expected decision dates for 10/2 interview dates?
wasnt part of that date but my prediction is November 5/6 presuming that they didn’t meet on Oct 7 regarding the first 3 interview dates and that their first committee meeting will be on October 21st.
Kingbiochem528
Full Member
Anyone have any good guesses on when they are sending the next batch of interviews? Really hoping for an II ! Thanks in advance.
Anyone have any good guesses on when they are sending the next batch of interviews? Really hoping for an II ! Thanks in advance.
me too!
Why would the adcom not have met on October 7th?wasnt part of that date but my prediction is November 5/6 presuming that they didn’t meet on Oct 7 regarding the first 3 interview dates and that their first committee meeting will be on October 21st.
Nontraddddds
Full Member
From last year's thread, it won't be until at least late October.Anyone have any good guesses on when they are sending the next batch of interviews? Really hoping for an II ! Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My theory is largely unfounded and based solely on how last year the first acceptances came out on 10/17 which means the committee met on 10/16 (skipping the first October date of 10/2). For all we know they may have met on 10/7.Why would the adcom not have met on October 7th?
What is the student: teacher ratio like here?Hey! Congrats on making it this far. I'm still pretty new to the area/school so I'll try to answer what I can.
1. You have Anatomy and Bio lectures running most of the week. You'll probably have about 2-3 hours of Anatomy and Bio (each) every day (including things like lab time). You'll have MHCB once a week, PMH once a week (or so), Embark once a week, and APM kinda sporadically. TBL doesn't really have a set schedule, but expect it roughly once every 2-3 weeks covering a certain lecture. Expect about 4 hours per week of mandatories in a normal week for lab stuff, but then you've got TBL and some random sessions of the non-Anatomy/Bio courses as mandatories as well. But there shouldn't really be more than 4/5 mandatory sessions a week.
2. The facilities of the school that we've seen are really nice. The campus was newly renovated in 2014 I think so hopefully as things open up everyone can use more of the facilities. The student center and rec are really nice, and campus is a nice walk. The hospitals are very nice (ranked #2, #3, and #4 in Michigan), but they're not that close to the school. It's like a 15-20 minute drive for the close ones, and then there's one right in the middle of Detroit so thats 45 minutes away.
3. I think of the area around campus as a ton of separate little cities with college town vibes. Each little city has their own main street and activities so it's pretty easy to not be bored by the variety. And weekends in Detroit are very easy to get to. It is pretty suburban so expect lots of driving to do just about anything but it makes for a nice little environment for school purposes.
4. Can't say anything about this yet.
Good luck!
Anyone else feeling excited and nervous about tomorrow?! According to the II tracker, there is another interview day on Friday, but hopefully that won't prevent the school from sending out some decisions 🙂
desperate_premed
Full Member
All the emotions here! I'm hopeful we hear back!!Anyone else feeling excited and nervous about tomorrow?! According to the II tracker, there is another interview day on Friday, but hopefully that won't prevent the school from sending out some decisions 🙂
How did you find the interview day link?
My interview is on Friday and I have only received the agenda for the day, not the interview link.
My interview is on Friday and I have only received the agenda for the day, not the interview link.
All the emotions here! I'm hopeful we hear back!!
D
deleted928067
you get the interview link later on tonightHow did you find the interview day link?
My interview is on Friday and I have only received the agenda for the day, not the interview link.
D
deleted928067
also regarding this- since the committee meets today cant they technically call us later in the evening today? that's what i thought usually happened. or was it the thursday evening of the week?Anyone else feeling excited and nervous about tomorrow?! According to the II tracker, there is another interview day on Friday, but hopefully that won't prevent the school from sending out some decisions 🙂
I don't think they're allowed to because it's not Oct 15th yetalso regarding this- since the committee meets today cant they technically call us later in the evening today? that's what i thought usually happened. or was it the thursday evening of the week?
D
deleted928067
so that is an actual rule that schools follow? i thought that was a general rule that was thrown out there? bc i know some ppl who were EDP at other schools or even not EDP who have gotten As already this cycleI don't think they're allowed to because it's not Oct 15th yet
How did you find the interview day link?
My interview is on Friday and I have only received the agenda for the day, not the interview link.
i also just accessed my interview links via the portal but they explain everything
Were they MD? I'm pretty sure its a hard rule that is absolutely not able to be broken. Only DO and MD ED should have heard back by nowso that is an actual rule that schools follow? i thought that was a general rule that was thrown out there? bc i know some ppl who were EDP at other schools or even not EDP who have gotten As already this cycle
D
deleted928067
what do others think about possibly hearing back from this school later this evening ?
same person but googled it out of curiosity. how early was your interview? you may be one of the first tomrrowwhat do others think about possibly hearing back from this school later this evening ?
I'm really hoping the first few interview days hear back tomorrow (10/15)what do others think about possibly hearing back from this school later this evening ?
D
deleted928067
thank you everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview?I'm really hoping the first few interview days hear back tomorrow (10/15)
What II tracker are you referring to?Anyone else feeling excited and nervous about tomorrow?! According to the II tracker, there is another interview day on Friday, but hopefully that won't prevent the school from sending out some decisions 🙂
D
deleted928067
+1What II tracker are you referring to?
Look at the signature of @TheDataKing's first post on this thread. Folks post their interview dates as one of the criteria.