2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thoughts on pre-II letter of interest or update? My only real update since my primary AMCAS is a job promotion and my JAMA paper listed as in-press/pending acceptance was finally published.

Signed,

A increasingly desperate IS, OSU grad
Because interviews go until the end of March, I would wait until closer to the end of January to send. But you can definitely send a update before receiving an II. It can't hurt your chances. I don't know if this is still the case but during my cycle they interviewed a lot of the in state applicants towards the end of the cycle, and I've also heard there's a limit on how many OSU grads they will put in one interview. So don't give up hope! There still could be an II coming your way in the near future!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When we are accepted, all we have to do is confirm acceptance and then submit the technical standards worksheet right? there are no fees to pay up front?
I'm pretty sure, I wish we got some sort of confirmation that they received the technical standards. But as far as I know that's all that is needed right now... someone please let us know if I'm wrong though

Reactions: 1 users
Did people accepted here get an email about a background check from Certiphi today?
I did but for another school, I don't recall OSU mentioning that they would be doing that? I don't see a mention of it on Vitals or the email we get from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions

Does anybody know how long after our interview we can expect a response for acceptance/rejection? I forgot to ask during my interview. Do yall know how frequent admissions meets to make decisions?

Does anybody know how long after our interview we can expect a response for acceptance/rejection? I forgot to ask during my interview. Do yall know how frequent admissions meets to make decisions?
"After October 29, decisions by the Admissions Committee are released every two weeks until the end of the application cycle." Though according to last year's thread they started releasing decisions after the holiday break around 1/28-1/29, but who knows.

"After October 29, decisions by the Admissions Committee are released every two weeks until the end of the application cycle." Though according to last year's thread they started releasing decisions after the holiday break around 1/28-1/29, but who knows.
Thank you! I actually ended up getting a post-interview email a few hours after I posted here, stating a decision would be made on 1/28.

Reactions: 1 user
Almost February and still radio silence :grumpy:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the Zoom interview links are sent out? My interview day is tomorrow, and I haven’t received anything yet...

Oh, good to know, thank you so much! They had said on one of the interview confirmation emails that I would receive the links a few days prior to the interview day, but I guess that’s not the case. Thanks, again!

I interview in a week, and you just saved me a morning of panicking, thanks!

Oh, good to know, thank you so much! They had said on one of the interview confirmation emails that I would receive the links a few days prior to the interview day, but I guess that’s not the case. Thanks, again!
If I remember correctly there’s only like 1 actual synchronous meeting that’s not an interview and I think that zoom link was sent out before the interview day. It’s in an email that you will get or have gotten that says interview day instructions. 1on1 links are sent out the day of

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R MSTP program Complete 8/17

All I gotta say to that is its okay bc I Go Blue anyways 🤷‍♀️

Anyone else getting straight ghosted by this school? Was really hoping for an II here lmao

Reactions: 16 users
Anyone else getting straight ghosted by this school? Was really hoping for an II here lmao

Complete in the fall and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming they're not interested. :( I'm IS and completed an unrelated masters at OSU.

Oh well.

• Care
Has anyone heard about submitting financial aid docs? I haven't heard anything since being accepted a while back

is anyone starting an accepted students group chat or anything?

Reactions: 4 users
anyone else waiting to hear back tomorrow??

Me! Do you know whether it's going to be an email or a call, or both? Or, do we just log into the portal and check?
I heard that they call when you're accepted otherwise you get an email for waitlist! I assume that the portal is also updated.

I heard that they call when you're accepted otherwise you get an email for waitlist! I assume that the portal is also updated.
Aah! Thank you for the feedback! Do you have any idea of when these calls might start coming in during the day?

I believe the portal updates in the early morning EST. The call came during morning business hours EST for me. As a west coaster I checked my portal when I randomly woke up in the middle of the night for my decision lol

I believe the portal updates in the early morning EST. The call came during morning business hours EST for me. As a west coaster I checked my portal when I randomly woke up in the middle of the night for my decision lol
I see, thank you so much for the feedback!

hey guys! I interviewed here 10/12 and was deferred on 10/29. I saw quite a few posts back that another applicant was deferred 10/29 but has been accepted off this deferred list. I was just wondering how many others, if any, have been accepted after being deferred thus far 🙂