2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who emailed an update, did you get a response? I sent one in a couple days ago and haven’t heard anything so just making sure this is normal or seeing if I should follow up to make sure they received it.
I also sent one in earlier this week and didn't get a response. I think it's normal

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Just to confirm for those who got accepted today, there's nothing we're supposed to do to "accept" the acceptance on the portal right?

You have to confirm your acceptance in the top right corner of the portal

OSU's financial aid PDF says that they begin awarding scholarships in December until May. If I was awarded a scholarship at another institution but am leaning towards OSU more, when is the best time to notify them? Does anyone have advice on how to have this conversation with them?

EDIT: put wrong month at first lol

OSU's financial aid PDF says that they begin awarding scholarships in December until May. If I was awarded a scholarship at another institution but am leaning towards OSU more, when is the best time to notify them? Does anyone have advice on how to have this conversation with them?

EDIT: put wrong month at first lol
Kind of random, but if you don't mind me asking, are you in IS or OOS for Ohio State?

Is it normal for the secondary portal to not save my information? When I was working on essays and such, I would save and go to the next tab. But then I would log in at a later date, and the essays were missing? I double-checked everything before submitting but can't access the secondary now to see if anything is missing?

When are we supposed to get the VITALS log-on information? I got the receipt email after submitting, but it has been radio silence for the past week +pissed+

has anyone who was complete in september gotten an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohio state pls luv me

pls

Reactions: 9 users
The Big Ten won't allow their best team (with the best chance to win big games) to sit out of the conference championship... they'll probably change the rules or give them another game. Go Bucks!

Unfortunate but true. Cincy won’t get their shot until a P5 lets them join their conference. A shame that they bend the rules for certain teams rather than following through with what was put in place. If the current top 4 stays the same I’m a bandwagon ND fan

me .... an Alabama fan (born and raised) knowing any Big10 team doesn't stand a chance ;)

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Received a II for the PCT program early this morning. LM 68, out of state, and complete 9/29

Reactions: 3 users
If anyone would know....does OSU really have that high of a post II A rate? Is there an early assurance program that skews it or.....

If anyone would know....does OSU really have that high of a post II A rate? Is there an early assurance program that skews it or.....
Takes into account waitlist movement which historically there is a lot of

Reactions: 1 users
According to the 2020 class profile pdf on their website, they gave 428 acceptances out of 576 applicants interviewed. And 205 matriculated. So the post-II acceptance rate seems to be pretty high

Edit: here is the link: https://medicine.osu.edu/-/media/fi...hash=A3F5CCBE848800F516BCF0AA2EA24EE8D915B671
Yes they accept a lot of people outright, schools just also include people pulled off the waitlist into the accepted student number. If you look at that link, there’s not a single mention of the word waitlist. If you look at msar you’d see that a lot of people are typically pulled from the waitlist so for OSU even if you get waitlisted, there’s a very very good chance you get pulled off

Yes they accept a lot of people outright, schools just also include people pulled off the waitlist into the accepted student number. If you look at that link, there’s not a single mention of the word waitlist. If you look at msar you’d see that a lot of people are typically pulled from the waitlist so for OSU even if you get waitlisted, there’s a very very good chance you get pulled off
Does that also mean there is a lot of movement from the “deferred” list?

Yes, I believe the deferred list turns into the waitlist in April or so
thanks pack! do you know if most deferred get off prior to april or is it more common to get placed on the WL first then accepted?

thanks pack! do you know if most deferred get off prior to april or is it more common to get placed on the WL first then accepted?
I believe it is far more common to be accepted after the waitlist has formed. Most of the movement occurs in May. I know some of my friends were accepted off of the deferred list before it turned to a waitlist, but the majority of people I have spoken to (who were accepted off of the waitlist and not straight up) got the A sometime in May. I actually was accepted in June, and I know a few people who were accepted in July. So while most of the movement occurs in May, there is definitely movement before and after then as well.

Accepted! First one :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I have been deferred since October 29th and just got accepted this morning! One of my top choices because of the chance to gain in-state tuition! Woohoo! :1geek:

For those that are deferred don't lose hope! I was pretty down on myself when it happened to me but people on this thread were super supportive and reassuring. Lean on others for support because there aren't many people that truly understand what you're going through right now. It will turn out eventually!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I have been deferred since October 29th and just got accepted this morning! One of my top choices because of the chance to gain in-state tuition! Woohoo! :1geek:

For those that are deferred don't lose hope! I was pretty down on myself when it happened to me but people on this thread were super supportive and reassuring. Lean on others for support because there aren't many people that truly understand what you're going through right now. It will turn out eventually!
Congrats! I was just deferred this morning and was pretty bummed out, but happy to see some early movement on that list! Did you send in an update or do anything else you believe may have contributed to being accepted off the wait list?

• Care
Congrats! I was just deferred this morning and was pretty bummed out, but happy to see some early movement on that list! Did you send in an update or do anything else you believe may have contributed to being accepted off the wait list?
I didn't haha but I was just gearing up to actually. When I got deferred there was a current student on here (not sure if they're still on here) but they told me about the options you have to send a letter of interest to intent and how that can help you out. That alone made me feel a lot better because there are still things you can do to help your case. It is not a lost cause so don't feel helpless!

• Care

This makes me feel a lot better. Congrats and thank you for posting this!!

Reactions: 4 users
That email was straight savage. Ya I know I’m a POS deferred applicant. Happy holidays fam!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
That email was straight savage. Ya I know I’m a POS deferred applicant. Happy holidays fam!
Hey, at least you got something. Maybe I should send them one saying hey um excuse me but like, y'all forgot to wish me happy holidaysso if you could just do that, that'd be great xoxo

Accepted students, does anyone know if the technical standards sheet should be turned in now or do we turn that in closer to matriculation?

Accepted students, does anyone know if the technical standards sheet should be turned in now or do we turn that in closer to matriculation?
I think you turn that in now. I already emailed mine. The deposit and transcripts and stuff can be done closer to matriculation I believe.