2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can't really say whether it's a good or bad thing...but i guess upstate has started re-reviewing apps that were placed on hold? hopefully it's an II for you though!
honestly I hope it will be a pleasant surprise but it sounds like folks here would have their status changed straight to interview so Iolllll

Members don't see this ad.

honestly I hope it will be a pleasant surprise but it sounds like folks here would have their status changed straight to interview so Iolllll

Mine is still Hold but im not IS so they wont touch mine again until later :/

I was put on hold as well. Sent an update letter today and 4 hours later my application was moved to decision made. Kind of thinking this is a bad thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was put on hold as well. Sent an update letter today and 4 hours later my application was moved to decision made. Kind of thinking this is a bad thing.
I was on hold and sent an email Monday and now it says decision made for me too! Hoping the best for both of us! Would really like some good news

Same thing happened to me a million years ago when I got my II

• Hmm
I was on hold and sent an email Monday and now it says decision made for me too! Hoping the best for both of us! Would really like some good new

Same thing happened to me a million years ago when I got my II
Thank you for sharing. Do you know if anyone reported decision made and then received a pre-II rejection? Wondering if "decision made" could go either way.

Reactions: 1 users
MSTP applicant so possibly different but just checked my email history

Placed on hold 10/2
Interview offered 11/2
Attended on 12/3

Edit: Hold in error email 10/3 but still showed up on application

MSTP applicant so possibly different but just checked my email history

Placed on hold 10/2
Interview offered 11/2
Attended on 12/3

Edit: Hold in error email 10/3 but still showed up on application
I guess not exact same but similar energy! I just wouldn't read into too much. I know a lot of us had a similar situation, I talked to other student during my I day about it.

I’m OOS and did not send an update and mine changed from hold to decision made...hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess not exact same but similar energy! I just wouldn't read into too much. I know a lot of us had a similar situation, I talked to other student during my I day about it.
Thanks! Do you know when you received “decision made” pre-Interview invite?

Didn't send an update letter but just logged on and it says "Decision made." On hold since 10/2
~manifesting~ an II

I still show Re-review after Dec 1st.

how long does it take for us to find out if "decision made" is a II or R?

just got a post-II R. interviewed 12/1
quick response and i thought i killed that interview but oh well

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Pre interview R this morning. Was on hold for a while

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just received a pre-II R. Was on hold in Octoberish. This sucks.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Pre-II R this morning. Complete 10/5 /:

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R right now :( Was on hold since 10/3 and complete 9/18

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Are pre-II R emails usually sent out all at once? Portal moved from hold to decision made yesterday, but no rejection email yet.

Portal still says Hold but pretty sure a pre-II R coming soon

pre-II R just now. On hold since 10/2, said decision made on portal last night.

• Care
Got Hold Oct 2nd, send update last night and they rejected me pre-II right now.... feeling like a clown lol

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Interview invites show up as Interview and not as Decision Made as far as I'm aware. I don't recall my portal ever displaying Decision Made prior to an interview invite albeit I was also never on hold. Decision Made should indicate an A or R (let me know if this is wrong!)

Interview invites show up as Interview and not as Decision Made as far as I'm aware. I don't recall my portal ever displaying Decision Made prior to an interview invite albeit I was also never on hold. Decision Made should indicate an A or R (let me know if this is wrong!)
I think it's hard to say b/c they do not send an email if your portal says decision made, but you do get an email if you get an II or pre-II rejection. So many people may have never noticed that their portal said decision made, if they did not check it.

I think it's hard to say b/c they do not send an email if your portal says decision made, but you do get an email if you get an II or pre-II rejection. So many people may have never noticed that their portal said decision made, if they did not check it.
I received my II very quickly post-submission and I was checking my portal fairly regularly but yes, you're correct it's possible I missed it!

I received my II very quickly post-submission and I was checking my portal fairly regularly but yes, you're correct it's possible I missed it!
My portal said decision made yesterday, but I have not received a pre-II R yet. Just trying to stay hopeful...

• Care
OOS
complete 8/14, received hold on 10/5, submitted updates on 11/24
portal says "Hold: Re-review after Dec 1st" as of today

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS
complete 8/14, received hold on 10/5, submitted updates on 11/24
portal says "Hold: Re-review after Dec 1st" as of today

I sent an update around a similar time and noticed that my portal has had the same hold message since then

Did yall receive emails about a portal change or just intuitively check your portal frequently?

Got the pre-II R from SUNY Upstate just now. Complete in September.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard back from MSTP? I know they said we’d be hearing back from them after the December interview

Anybody know if the interview here is open or closed file this year? I know it's 2 traditional interviews which I am assuming means open file.

Anybody know if the interview here is open or closed file this year? I know it's 2 traditional interviews which I am assuming means open file.
Just had my interview a few days back and it’s 2 closed file interviews around 25-30 mins each

Does upstate have student-run clinics and specific research programs? Can any current students or really familiar students let me know? Thank you so much!
Upstate is involved in the Rahma clinic which is a free clinic that students can volunteer at. If you apply to be a Service Learning Leader you can help coordinate volunteers (that's more of a second-year thing). There is also a program called Helping Hands for Forgotten Feet which is another clinic that is available.

Upstate developed a specific office for student research recently (in the past few years) that sends out information about research opportunities on a pretty regular basis, and you can always reach out to individual doctors/faculty members (they're usually very responsive). The office offers a fellowship that you can apply for over the summer between first and second year. I know some people who were also able to work on more low-key research projects throughout the year as well. If you're SUPER into research, you can try and join the PhD program after you start, there are a couple people that I know of that decided to add that on after they get to Upstate.

Reactions: 3 users