2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those that were rejected after being placed on the AL, did you start or complete the pre-matric checklist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have to CTE at another school next week... and still no WL movement over here 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Was staying so optimistic because everyone had said first week should have movement :/

• Care
What is the CTE date?
July 15, however the prematric checklist items are due on July 1st. And since they gave waitlisted applicants access to that, I’m sure they want them to complete it by the deadline as well.

July 15, however the prematric checklist items are due on July 1st. And since they gave waitlisted applicants access to that, I’m sure they want them to complete it by the deadline as well.

Wait, so we have to do all that lab work, urinalysis, h&p, ppd, and blood work even though we're waitlisted? wtf

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
That's what I'm saying, because some of us have to pay for this.

Also how do we submit proof of citizenship? I can't find the instructions.

Wait, so we have to do all that lab work, urinalysis, h&p, ppd, and blood work even though we're waitlisted? wtf
I didn’t mean to cause angst, but this is the first waitlist that I’ve seen where applicants were given access and allowed to send in documents to complete things pre-matriculation. I am just speculating that it’s a subtle hint at what they want and that it would be best to complete it.

ETA: This is from the portal on what alternates don’t need to fill out but they give a thumbs up to complete the health forms and other items.
  • Alternates & MPH Accepts ONLY: You are not required to complete the Study Styles Inventory, Matric Student Questionnaire, Technical Standards nor White Coat Form.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I'm saying, because some of us have to pay for this.

Also how do we submit proof of citizenship? I can't find the instructions.
just email medadmissions, i did that. just sent pics of my passport and it got checked off right away

Reactions: 1 users
If we're waiting to hear back from the waitlist, do we need to take and complete the BLS course?

How did everyone send their official transcripts? Did you have your school email the admissions website directly to make it an official transcript? Thank you!

How did everyone send their official transcripts? Did you have your school email the admissions website directly to make it an official transcript? Thank you!
Most Universities, college, and community colleges use a third-party system where you can order an official transcript for $5-15. That's what I did, but I didn't think that there was a free option

Most Universities, college, and community colleges use a third-party system where you can order an official transcript for $5-15. That's what I did, but I didn't think that there was a free option

My school only sends official transcripts by mail, is there some address you sent it to?

My school only sends official transcripts by mail, is there some address you sent it to?
Office of Student Admissions

SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University

450 Clarkson Avenue, MSC 60

Brooklyn, NY 11203

When using this what did you put in as the destination for the transcript?

@ SUNY DS i legit have everything checked off on my Pre-Matric list. all I need for you is to ACCEPT ME :)

for anyone who got the health forms checked off, do you mind telling me if your hepatitis b core antibody had a number for it? My results were just "non-reactive." I have been to the doctors too many times trying to get this done. i really don't want to go again. thanks in advance!

for anyone who got the health forms checked off, do you mind telling me if your hepatitis b core antibody had a number for it? My results were just "non-reactive." I have been to the doctors too many times trying to get this done. i really don't want to go again. thanks in advance!
a certain % of people who get the hep b vaccine series as babies are hep b "non-responders" (I had to get it checked a few years back and found out I was a non-responder as well), you probably need a 2 or 3-dose series of hep b vaccine boosters :(

The fact that you got the A less than 12 hours after asking if there was movement fills me with hope.

Congratulations future Doctor, hope to get a white coat with you!
This chat tho, this is the second time someone used their powers man. For what it's worth, hey y'all any more waitlist movement??

• Haha
anyone know if there has been any OOS people getting off the waitlist recently?

Reactions: 1 users
My SO got an A yesterday off the alternate list

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Congratulations to them!!!! just wanted to know to know when their interview was and what day were they placed on AL?
interview was late April and alternate list in early June

Just withdrew my A! Hope it goes to someone who hasn't gotten in anywhere yet.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Feb interviews on the AL, any news??
interviewed feb 8, WL 4/21, but nah no news smh. havent seen any feb interviewees get off the WL yet. but looks like a lot of accepted applicants arent on these sdn forums bc this thread seems kinda quiet

Just got the R! Interviewed 3/2 and waitlisted 5/8

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know if Downstate is considered a low-tier or mid-tier school?

Rejected for this year earlier today. Interviewed 3/10 and waitlisted 5/8. Invited to Bridges program with conditional acceptance for next year. Unsure if I should take it due to acceptance to a DO program. Best of luck to those still holding on!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users