You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas A&M
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mine took one day. Same as secondary and secondary fee. They were really fast surprisingly .How long has it taken for a&m to mark your primary as "true" after tmdsas transmitted your apps?
Mine took one day. Same as secondary and secondary fee. They were really fast surprisingly .
When was your app transmitted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last friday. Then on Monday morning, it was marked along with my secondary and fee.When was your app transmitted?
So I mean 1 business day not actual days btwlast friday. Then on Monday morning, it was marked along with my secondary and fee.
Is anybody else still missing casper scores on their checklist? I took the test on 6/28. All other schools that I sent scores to have received results except Texas A&M. Anybody else having this problem?
Where are y'all seeing that the Casper scores and primary application have been received? My TMDSAS primary was transmitted 6/2 and Casper was completed in May, but my checklist only shows that I've completed the secondary and conduct requirements. If my status is under review, does that mean they have everything in?
Where are y'all seeing that the Casper scores and primary application have been received? My TMDSAS primary was transmitted 6/2 and Casper was completed in May, but my checklist only shows that I've completed the secondary and conduct requirements. If my status is under review, does that mean they have everything in?
Yes
All virtual
Did you also have your recommendation letters in already? I wonder if Medical school II you before they receive your letters?
bumney
Full Member
Did you also have your recommendation letters in already? I wonder if Medical school II you before they receive your letters?
I had my letters in. I believe Long will evaluate your application without letters, but I'm sure most medical schools will not send out II until your application is complete
Brownkid95
Full Member
II today! super excited, first one of the cycle. LM:67 instate
II today! super excited, first one of the cycle. LM:67 instate
Congrats! When did your app transmit?
Brownkid95
Full Member
Transmitted on 6/1 and completed my secondary by 6/2When did your app transmit?
Does anyone know how the EnMed applications are processed? Do they get looked at by a different adcom with a separate timeline from MD admissions?
Edit: On that note, has anyone received an II or other communication from EnMed?
Edit: On that note, has anyone received an II or other communication from EnMed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EnMED review is done by the EnMED team.Does anyone know how the EnMed applications are processed? Do they get looked at by a different adcom with a separate timeline from MD admissions?
Edit: On that note, has anyone received an II or other communication from EnMed?
D
deleted1062667
I would try to use stuff that is college or later, but you probably will be fine either way.is it ok to use experiences from high school in the second prompt about the core values?
kittycatmed
Full Member
II today! super excited, first one of the cycle. LM:67 instate
First II of the cycle received today!! OOS applicant (ORM, strong Texas ties), primary sent 5/21 (took several weeks to process), secondary sent 6/25
LizzyM: 74.5
WARS: 82
Congratulations to you both!
is it ok to use experiences from high school in the second prompt about the core values?
Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity and Selfless Service
Core values like the ones listed above dont expire after high school.
Simple example - If one goes to a grocery store and addresses the checkout clerk as sir/ma'am that is respect.
II received, EnMed specific interview
LM 77, complete 7/10, IS
LM 77, complete 7/10, IS
II received 7/23 at 9:29am
Secondary complete 6/28
4.0/514
In-state
Congrats! When was your primary transmitted?
Would you mind sharing your stats? congratulations!!!II today! super excited, first one of the cycle. LM:67 instate
Brownkid95
Full Member
sure, 3.5/510Would you mind sharing your stats? congratulations!!!
CONGRATS!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?Received II today! Secondary completed 6/21
sent you a DM!CONGRATS!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?
(and for anyone else: feel free to dm)
What are the Standardized Patient Exercises (SPEs) like? I don't imagine they'll be testing clinical skills or anything like that, so is it just a 5 min role play activity like CASPer?
The Texas A&M College of Medicine embraces the Aggie Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity and Selfless Service. Briefly discuss what activities demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of these core values. (3500 character maximum)
For this prompt, is it fine if we talk about experiences/anecdotes from other aspects of our life other than from the activities we listed on tmdsas?
For this prompt, is it fine if we talk about experiences/anecdotes from other aspects of our life other than from the activities we listed on tmdsas?
YesThe Texas A&M College of Medicine embraces the Aggie Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity and Selfless Service. Briefly discuss what activities demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of these core values. (3500 character maximum)
For this prompt, is it fine if we talk about experiences/anecdotes from other aspects of our life other than from the activities we listed on tmdsas?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for the prompt response!
What is meant by areas of medicine? Do they mean like primary care vs surgery? Or rural vs urban vs private vs acadmic? Or do they want specific specialties (e.g. plastics, derm, etc.) or can I be more broad and be like I'm interested in areas of medicine that involve skin?
I chose to speak specifically about different specialties, but I don’t think that you can go about it “the wrong way” so long as you are articulate and clear in your answers.
I talked about a mix ranging from rural to like psychiatry. Imo, just write about anything about medicine that interest you! Ex; clinical education, etcWhat is meant by areas of medicine? Do they mean like primary care vs surgery? Or rural vs urban vs private vs acadmic? Or do they want specific specialties (e.g. plastics, derm, etc.) or can I be more broad and be like I'm interested in areas of medicine that involve skin?
The Texas A&M College of Medicine embraces the Aggie Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity and Selfless Service. Briefly discuss what activities demonstrate best that you would be a good custodian of these core values. (3500 character maximum)
For this prompt, is it fine if we talk about experiences/anecdotes from other aspects of our life other than from the activities we listed on tmdsas?
You can further build on what you may have said in TMDSAS primary but it is more illuminating to discuss completely different experiences from your primary app.
All of these different specifics seem appropriate since they are allowing you to discuss many. You are short changing yourself limiting to one or two when they are giving you only 50-250 characters per each.What is meant by areas of medicine? Do they mean like primary care vs surgery? Or rural vs urban vs private vs acadmic? Or do they want specific specialties (e.g. plastics, derm, etc.) or can I be more broad and be like I'm interested in areas of medicine that involve skin?
This is a question to see how much you have already explored and what your interests are at this time.
Has anyone interviewing this Thursday received their personalized interview schedule yet?
Is Texas A&M asking for Standardized Patient Exercises (SPEs)?What are the Standardized Patient Exercises (SPEs) like? I don't imagine they'll be testing clinical skills or anything like that, so is it just a 5 min role play activity like CASPer?
Brownkid95
Full Member
yeah A&M wants you to do it the week of your interview, little nervous about it. Dont really understand what it is..Is Texas A&M asking for Standardized Patient Exercises (SPEs)?
yeah A&M wants you to do it the week of your interview, little nervous about it. Dont really understand what it is..
We can’t divulge any details, but I’d like to reassure you a bit. They provide any and all instructions necessary to complete the activity, which is over before you know it. Just be yourself.
Brownkid95
Full Member
Ah thats nice to know, thanks for the response!We can’t divulge any details, but I’d like to reassure you a bit. They provide any and all instructions necessary to complete the activity, which is over before you know it. Just be yourself.
You don’t need an invite for A & M. Go to their site and set up an A & M login and you can get the secondary.
Sorry for the late reply, I saw your comment a long time ago and started working on the secondary. I feel so stupid that I wasted so much time refreshing my email for an invite. how do people generally know an invite its not necessary?
I started the secondary on my own without an email invite and submitted a couple weeks ago. However, the portal still hasn't marked my primary application and MCAT scores as received. I'm starting to get a bit worried that bc I didn't get an explicit invite they're taking a longer time to match up my secondary to my TMDSAS application. For people who started the secondary without an invite, is this wait normal?
I submitted a day before TMDSAS transmitted I think, and I've been under review since.I started the secondary on my own without an email invite and submitted a couple weeks ago. However, the portal still hasn't marked my primary application and MCAT scores as received. I'm starting to get a bit worried that bc I didn't get an explicit invite they're taking a longer time to match up my secondary to my TMDSAS application. For people who started the secondary without an invite, is this wait normal?
You might wanna email them
I started the secondary on my own without an email invite and submitted a couple weeks ago. However, the portal still hasn't marked my primary application and MCAT scores as received. I'm starting to get a bit worried that bc I didn't get an explicit invite they're taking a longer time to match up my secondary to my TMDSAS application. For people who started the secondary without an invite, is this wait normal?
To give some potentially helpful info, I started my A&M secondary 6/13 and completed it 7/13, and my TMDSAS was transferred to schools last Thursday, July 23, and was just marked as received by A&M today (7/27). If it takes longer than that I suspect it's worth asking about!
Get this information from the TMDSAS web page. Secondary Applications & CASPerSorry for the late reply, I saw your comment a long time ago and started working on the secondary. I feel so stupid that I wasted so much time refreshing my email for an invite. how do people generally know an invite its not necessary?
It's up to all y'all to be very familiar with the process so you know if you have done your part.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
choiwil000
New Member
Thank you! I talked about some anecdotes from my time in college!You can further build on what you may have said in TMDSAS primary but it is more illuminating to discuss completely different experiences from your primary app.
They go out by email, check your spam folder daily too.Does anyone know how interview invites are sent out? I sent out my secondary mid-June and I see people who applied later getting interview invites ):
LizzyM score of 70 if that matters
A school will not do interview invites in chronological order ( although of course people who haven't turned in their apps yet will be evaluated later than you who have). Sometimes they want to wait a bit to see what this year's applicant pool looks like, before setting their interview schedule.
And they do actually read your applications, which takes time!
hopefulMD023
New Member
Hi all, I'm a little late to the game because my TMDSAS took forever to verify due to some residency issues, but for the hardship/COVID optional secondary essay, if I already talked about my hardship in one of the TMDSAS essays, do you think it would be best to leave this blank or talk about my COVID experience even though I wouldn't necessarily say I've experienced a "key barrier" due to COVID?