2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m honestly going to start messaging them every three days or less at this point. Like at least reject me, anything but the ghosting. Thanks for all the positive thoughts all!

I would not be discouraged yet. I do know that the admissions office has been sending out applications in small batches to the admissions committee, so as to not overwhelm them. Depending on when you interviewed, it is entirely possible that your application has not been reviewed yet. There are still plenty of spots and they scrutinize every applicant in the same manner - no matter if you are accepted first, or accepted last. It is infuriating that many of us do not know if we have been accepted / waitlisted / rejected, but this process will end soon. It inevitably was going to go out this far with most of their interviews being conducted from February to May.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I would not be discouraged yet. I do know that the admissions office has been sending out applications in small batches to the admissions committee, so as to not overwhelm them. Depending on when you interviewed, it is entirely possible that your application has not been reviewed yet. There are still plenty of spots and they scrutinize every applicant in the same manner - no matter if you are accepted first, or accepted last. It is infuriating that many of us do not know if we have been accepted / waitlisted / rejected, but this process will end soon. It inevitably was going to go out this far with most of their interviews being conducted from February to May.
While I agree, I also think that if they took this long to get interviews started then they should've been more proactive about getting decisions out. It's ridiculous that its the middle of June and it seems like a large portion of applicants are still waiting on decisions especially when people either need to reapply, find jobs, or commit to other programs.

Reactions: 8 users
1. Death
2. Taxes
3. UTCOM taking ages to get evaluations

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Called admissions, couldn't give me any timeframe, just told me that they're contacting evaluators daily to finish evaluations.

Called admissions, couldn't give me any timeframe, just told me that they're contacting evaluators daily to finish evaluations.
Pretty sure the evaluators are the sloths from Zootopia and they’ve been doing a deep analysis of the dank memes of this thread. Only reason to not have a class half full by mid June.

Reactions: 3 users
I called admissions yesterday and asked them to specifically check my file. Apparently it’s still under evaluation and there’s 3 steps still left. With how slow they’re working, I’m not expecting to hear back any time soon.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I called admissions yesterday and asked them to specifically check my file. Apparently it’s still under evaluation and there’s 3 steps still left. With how slow they’re working, I’m not expecting to hear back any time soon.
Well it seems that decisions will have to be made by July 10 if that is the commit to enroll deadline. Usually after that, they start taking people off the waitlist. So the absolute worst it can be is another 30 days. Here is to hoping it doesn’t take that long 🥃

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Well it seems that decisions will have to be made by July 10 if that is the commit to enroll deadline. Usually after that, they start taking people off the waitlist. So the absolute worst it can be is another 30 days. Here is to hoping it doesn’t take that long 🥃
Wait. How does waitlist movement usually start after CTE, especially with that late of a date?

Wait. How does waitlist movement usually start after CTE, especially with that late of a date?
Well it does not make sense to take people off the waitlist if they have not made decisions on all of their candidates yet. It makes sense that this would happen after all decisions have been made. All I was expressing was that it would seem that they would absolutely have to decide on all of their candidates before the commit to enroll deadline, so that there is ample time to consider the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
So I guess even if we get in we won’t be getting custom white coats then 😢

• Sad
  • Care
So I guess even if we get in we won’t be getting custom white coats then 😢

It's just gonna be a plain white T-shirt with "TOLEDO" written on it in Sharpie

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 4.23.27 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
So has no one here heard back in the last 3 days? It really feels like they’re accepting 4 people a week maximum at this rate

• Care
Oh well guys, have a good weekend. I'll see you on Sunday for the weekly "this is the week" and clown memes.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So has no one here heard back in the last 3 days? It really feels like they’re accepting 4 people a week maximum at this rate
@dllsl7 mentioned that there were some As that went out on Wednesday, too...but they do have to pick up the pace or they won't have rendered decisions on everyone by the time classes start. Honestly, idk what they're thinking at this point.

@dllsl7 mentioned that there were some As that went out on Wednesday, too...but they do have to pick up the pace or they won't have rendered decisions on everyone by the time classes start. Honestly, idk what they're thinking at this point.
Groupme now = 109 (last week was 93)
So I'm thinking there were around 25 As given this past week, with only 16 deciding to commit to UT

Just accepted, interviewed 4/13!!!

Also submitted my reapp last night, does AMCAS do refunds? 😭

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
+1!! Interviewed 4/13, OOS time to find an apartment before 7/1 😭

• Love
Toledo putting in work on the weekend!

Close friend of mine got the Alt list. Is there a difference between that and the waitlist? She interviewed on 4/13

Just accepted, interviewed 4/13!!!

Also submitted my reapp last night, does AMCAS do refunds? 😭
Withdraw your 2022 AMCAS application. I believe if it doesn't process then they refund your fees.

Anyone from late March still waiting on decisions? Or is it just me?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from late March still waiting on decisions? Or is it just me?
March 30. I CTE on Monday regardless of what Toledo's decision would be. It would have been nice to just know a final decision before withdrawing.

• Care
  • Sad
I'm March 19th. Maybe the late March and early April applicants have the same slow evaluators.

I'm wondering if I should send my 4th update letter.

I'm wondering if I should send my 4th update letter.
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. If I had anything worthwhile to update I would. I also assumed from what is written in the portal that after 3 weeks it wouldn't get sent to the evaluator anyways

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. If I had anything worthwhile to update I would. I also assumed from what is written in the portal that after 3 weeks it wouldn't get sent to the evaluator anyways
LOL I’ve sent like six this year. But yeah I just sent one a week and a half ago (with spring grades so it was “significant”) but also mainly saying I need to know soon otherwise I have to CTE at my other school.

The portal message I interpreted as your fast evaluators may not see but the slow ones will.

Holy crap, what a day! Congrats to everyone who got the A yesterday!!!

Still sitting here waiting for a decision; I interviewed April 13th. I think I must have the slow people as well 😭

I really want to send an update but all I have is "I started a gap year job that I will run away from if you let me in" which is prooooobs not what they want to see, lol. (The job knows my situation and they're cool with it.)

• Care
Holy crap, what a day! Congrats to everyone who got the A yesterday!!!

Still sitting here waiting for a decision; I interviewed April 13th. I think I must have the slow people as well 😭

I really want to send an update but all I have is "I started a gap year job that I will run away from if you let me in" which is prooooobs not what they want to see, lol. (The job knows my situation and they're cool with it.)
That’s a silver lining at least; hopefully you’ll hear back soon.

I've been hearing the word "soon" for about 6 weeks now. No flame, just an observation.
Yeah I didn’t hear back until 2 1/2 months after my interview. Still got the invites to webinars after though. Hopefully you’ll get some good news soon as well, either from Toledo or another school.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I didn’t hear back until 2 1/2 months after my interview. Still got the invites to webinars after though. Hopefully you’ll get some good news soon as well, either from Toledo or another school.
This week will be 3 months since my interview. Hopefully I'll get some news this week.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just put on the Alternate list. interview 4/16

• Care
From what I just read they might pull from the alt list before the waitlist

Found here
I think it is the same thing. On my email it says alternate/waitlist.

Attachment below is a screenshot from it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 7.09.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 7.09.05 PM.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 124