2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Tufts University

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
+2 hasn't received a secondary yet. Any Tufts alumni here who can speak to the program? :)

Just received their secondary. OOS RD. Here are the prompts:

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine? (If yes, 1000 characters)

2. Please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. Include in this explanation if you will be a student, working, conducting research, volunteering, etc. (1000 characters)

3. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine? (If yes, 1000 characters)

4. Given how the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the world this year, please contextualize how your experiences have been affected which might include your personal, professional and educational journey. (1000 characters)

5. Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s).

(If yes, 1000 characters)

6. Did you take any leaves of absence or significant breaks from your undergraduate education? (Do not include time off after graduation.)
(If yes, 1000 characters)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, received. Verified 7/16
Edit: last name is in the middle of the alphabet

OOS, just submitted app today (not verified), last name starts with H

Does anyone have any thoughts on the first essay? Should we just consider it as an "anything else?" type of prompt?

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted 5/28, Verified 6/14, OOS, no secondary received, last name N.
Friend. Submitted 7/10, not yet verified, OOS(same state), secondary received, last name J.

Logic checks out?

Reactions: 1 users
So I've read that this school requires a letter for an IA, yet I just received the secondary and am not seeing anything about one. Is there a separate email or is this no longer a thing?

OOS, last name middle of alphabet.
Secondary submitted around 7:30, completed 20 minutes later. Anybody complete? They say the only thing I need before I am complete is my LOR but my committee letter shows up in the secondary portal.

Given how the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the world this year, please contextualize how your experiences have been affected which might include your personal, professional and educational journey.

Do you guys think they're looking for a reflection here? Or can I just say that my shadowing got cut short and my teaching responsibilities were transitioned to an online format

Reactions: 2 users
OOS secondary received, last name R.

For the prerequisite coursework, are y 'all listing the corresponding lab courses for each subject? Or saving that all to list under the "laboratory experience"

For the data - OOS, secondary received about 3pm EST, last name C

For the prerequisite coursework, are y 'all listing the corresponding lab courses for each subject? Or saving that all to list under the "laboratory experience"
I think I am just going to save it for the laboratory section. Did you just list classes for all of them, or did you try and write a little blurb about each class?

When you are answering the perquisite questions do you just list off the coursework you have taken? Or did you take time to explain it or anything like that?

I think I am just going to save it for the laboratory section. Did you just list classes for all of them, or did you try and write a little blurb about each class?
I just listed coursework for all the sections except the lab section- I wrote about my research (and listed lab coursework)

OOS secondary received, last name C. Literally just added them to my AMCAS school list a few hours ago.

oof they don't accept AP physics credits. this seems to be the only school I'm applying to with strict physics requirements, and I didn't realize it. anyone know if it would be okay to say we'd be willing to retake the courses before matriculating? otherwise idt I'm wasting money on this secondary

I think so. It says online that it is not required to have all of the courses completed by the time of application, just matriculation. I'm doing that for the stats requirement.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the first essay? Should we just consider it as an "anything else?" type of prompt?

Would also love input. I was going to use it as a diversity but now can’t since I’m using it for the second question. It’s so short I feel like a why tufts would be so brief.

Would also love input. I was going to use it as a diversity but now can’t since I’m using it for the second question. It’s so short I feel like a why tufts would be so brief.
I personally mentioned some new shadowing I did. I considered a why tufts, but I really have no legitimate ties to the school so felt that a why tufts would be forced

Reactions: 2 users

I chose to leave it blank and I just submitted (RIP). I saw some people in last year's thread who left it blank and they got interview invites so yeah. I really dislike BS'ing "why this school" (I struggle to write them) so I chose to leave it blank.