2021-2022 Tufts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred today also after interviewing late March. What is the benefit of this over a waitlist?
I’m guessing that they’ve sent out a certain number of acceptances and are waiting to see how many commit/withdraw, then filling those spots with deferred applicants prior to the waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not to continuously ask this, but did anyone at second look happen to get more info on when we will receive financial aid offers from them?
“We’ve set a department-wide goal to have the majority of incoming MDs packaged prior to TUSM’s “First Look” Day on April 7. Admitted first-year students should have their financial aid offers by April 30, at the absolute latest.” From my email with office of financial aid.
 
Do you mean for the Maine track or just in general? As I got mine today sans Maine track info
Someone posted in this thread on 3/25 (a few pages back) that they had emailed admissions asking about the Maine Track scholarships, and they responded saying that they had already been awarded. Sorry about the bad news. 🙁
 
If any current student could answer these questions I’d appreciate it:

1) Are the exams at the end of each block NBME exams or written by the professor?

2) # of mandatory clinical activities per week e.g. clinic, inpatient rounds, during the preclinical years
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If any current student could answer these questions I’d appreciate it:

1) Are the exams at the end of each block NBME exams or written by the professor?

2) # of mandatory clinical activities per week e.g. clinic, inpatient rounds, during the preclinical years
Hi! I'm a current MS1 at tufts. Exams during each block are written by the professors. I have only done my pre-clinical stuff so far so unable to help with clinic/rounds info but we have about 2-3 mandatory small groups/classes per week. This number obviously varies - had a ton of mandatories in renal block but on average I would say 2-3!
 
Oh no.. so I’m assuming that me not receiving the WL email just now (deferred since December) is probably meaning I’m getting the R 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nope not yet 🙁 is the 15th the day we are supposed to hear back?
The 15th is the date applicants holding multiple acceptances are expected to narrow their options down to 3. It’s a strong suggestion from the AAMC to remain professional and courteous to other applicants; however, some schools have their own policies that require you do so, not just strongly suggest.