You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MotorLover
Full Member
if u end up coming to JHU SOM, hit me up. i know all the good spotsI wrote a LOI to them last week to update them on a lab position I got at JHU SOM so I'm praying that my deferral--> accepted. this waiting is literally killing me from the inside slowly.
I sent a LOI here and am currently deferred for the Maine track. Now that I am waitlisted at all (3) other schools I was interviewed at, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how long the wait might be here (such as calling admissions??) so that I can know whether I could expect to send another LOI (if rejected here) to another school to increase my chances of getting in at least somewhere. Any advice??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Not the advice you wana hear, but I say, for now, stay patient. You don’t want to nag too quickly after your LOI. Maybe early April you can reach out and ask if the office of admissions is able to provide any information on how full the class is (since maine track is pretty limited in spots) or how much movement they anticipate. Plus, they will have a better idea of what to expect come april, since people will start withdrawing and commiting to places throughout that month. Best of luck!!! Surely, one of your pending decisions will yield an A!I sent a LOI here and am currently deferred for the Maine track. Now that I am waitlisted at all (3) other schools I was interviewed at, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how long the wait might be here (such as calling admissions??) so that I can know whether I could expect to send another LOI (if rejected here) to another school to increase my chances of getting in at least somewhere. Any advice??
Last edited:
Thank you so much. I really really hope soNot the advice you wana hear but I say, for now, stay patient. You don’t want to nag too quickly after your LOI. Maybe early April you can reach out and ask if the office of admissions is able to provide any information on how full the class is (since maine track is pretty limited in spots) or how much movement they anticipate. Plus, they will have a better idea of what to expect come april, since people will start withdrawing and commiting to places throughout that month. Best of luck!!! Surely, one of your pending decisions will yield an A!
coolbreeze875
Full Member
has anyone from the 2/16 interview cohort heard anything back?
Last edited:
Didn't someone say Mon and Wed for IIs? This might be the last day?
lakerslover777
Full Member
anyone get anything today?Didn't someone say Mon and Wed for IIs? This might be the last day?
Pre II Rejection
lakerslover777
Full Member
this morning?Pre II Rejection
scerevisiae
Full Member
Are interviews likely over? I still haven't heard a single thing lol
Queen beyon-SLAY
MCAT: 519, GPA: 3.8
Me neither LOL I'm so confused pls tell me somethingAre interviews likely over? I still haven't heard a single thing lol
Anyone on here accepted to tufts Maine and it’s not their top choice? I’m trying to gauge whether there will be any waitlist movement…
coolbreeze875
Full Member
yeah that's what I thought too, maybe we will hear something this week?nope. I thought they said they'd tell us if it would be later than the week of 3/14 but haven't heard anything.
Who is technically the dean for admissions for the maine track program? Is it still Dr. Neumeyer, or is it Dr. Bing-You?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think Dr. Bing-YouWho is technically the dean for admissions for the maine track program? Is it still Dr. Neumeyer, or is it Dr. Bing-You?
doctorwannabe252
Full Member
For those still waiting to hear anything from them, I sent an email today inquiring. Was thinking they just forgot to send me my pre-II R but this is what they said.
1959LesPaul
Full Member
That's an ouch and a halfFor those still waiting to hear anything from them, I sent an email today inquiring. Was thinking they just forgot to send me my pre-II R but this is what they said. View attachment 352118
D
deleted1132130
One can only hopeyeah that's what I thought too, maybe we will hear something this week?
Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone had a post-II R yet? also, anybody know how well having a PI or advisor call the admissions office works for getting off of the waitlist?
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Is the individual in any way affiliated with Tufts or any members of the adcom, either now or historically? If so, this would be a completely understandable move and is most likely to be effective.has anyone had a post-II R yet? also, anybody know how well having a PI or advisor call the admissions office works for getting off of the waitlist?
If not, they can still reach out and put in a good word on your behalf, as a member of the medical/ scientific community. However, I think it's less likely to be effective than having someone with connections there. If they hold considerable influence within their academic institution/ field of research, this can also help.
Bottom line, I think you should go for it since there's not much to lose. Whether or not it will actually do anything is tough to say.
Last edited:
Thank you so much. Wasn’t sure if it could hurt in any way but I agree with your perspective and think they’re going to try it. Hoping it helps!!Is the individual in anyway affiliated with Tufts or any members of the adcom, either now or historically? If so, this would be a completely understandable move and is most likely to be effective.
If not, they can still reach out and put in a good word on your behalf, as a member of the medical/ scientific community. However, I think it's less likely to be effective than having someone with connections there. If they hold considerable influence within their academic institution/ field of research, this can also help.
Bottom line, I think you should go for it since there's not much to lose. Whether or not it will actually do anything is tough to say.
D
deleted1132130
Committee meets on the 30th. According to the information given to us during the interview a few weeks ago. Hold on tight.
Complete 8/8. II dates available 3/14, 3/16, 3/21, 3/23.
Didn’t you interview in March?
Yeah like ~10-12 days ago haha...so I rounded up to "few weeks"Didn’t you interview in March?
Emailed about this and they've already been awarded🥲 but they said as decisions change in April there's a chance they will be redistributedHas anyone from the Maine Track heard about the scholarship yet?
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Pre-II R just now big ripski
doctorwannabe252
Full Member
+1Pre-II R just now big ripski
doctorforhumans
New Member
+1, portal change, no email.Pre-II R just now big ripski
edit: now I got the email
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
man do I rly have to log into the portal to see my R 😩+1, portal change, no email.
update: no I don't bc I got the email as soon as I opened my portal
scerevisiae
Full Member
are these coming out slowly?
beepbeep197
Full Member
I think so, I got mine ~1 hr after the first reported one. But hey, if you don't get that R and get an II that is incredible!!! I just think the cycle is done here 🙁 and we're the final group being turned awayare these coming out slowly?
scerevisiae
Full Member
Lmao just caught the R, appreciate the optimism thoI think so, I got mine ~1 hr after the first reported one. But hey, if you don't get that R and get an II that is incredible!!! I just think the cycle is done here 🙁 and we're the final group being turned away
+1. I read the email and was like dang did I click a wrong button on my secondary or something.Why did I get an R that said thanks for applying to the Early Assurance program when I did not?? Lol
Thanks for looking into it!! 🙂Emailed about this and they've already been awarded🥲 but they said as decisions change in April there's a chance they will be redistributed
KanekiS1E12
Full Member
Was unable to accept my II (received last week). Hope it goes back to someone waiting on good news still
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
I think sometime around April 20th or so, give or take. Kind of annoying how late this school waits to send them out, but oh well. What’s another month added to our nearly year long limbo? loldoes anyone know when/how long it takes to get our financial aid?
Let’s just hope they’re not as stingy with aid as everyone says they are 😏
purple_hydrangea
Full Member
A! Got a call about 15 minutes ago! Interviewed 2/28.
coolbreeze875
Full Member
A as well !! Interviewed 2/16
justkeepswimming28
Full Member
omg congratulations!!! any deferred applicants with an A today?
Anonymousjoker1
New Member
I interviewed a long time ago and forgot the details about the grading system. Is tufts true p/f for pre-clinical? What about clinical?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1132130
Yea it’s p/f, clinical is graded I believeI interviewed a long time ago and forgot the details about the grading system. Is tufts true p/f for pre-clinical? What about clinical?
str3ssedpremedapplicant
Full Member
Anyone that got deferred end up hearing back??? (maine track)
Anyone know how full the Maine track class is so far (or usually is around this time)? Wondering how much WL movement I can realistically hope for 😰
amaryllis95
New Member
anyone able to find the match list? (seems like this is an outstanding question from a while ago). The website only has general stats.
@nxious@pplicant
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed on 3/16 heard anything yet? If I remember correctly, they said we should receive their decision sometime between 4/1 - 4/5