2021-2022 Tufts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I sent a LOI here and am currently deferred for the Maine track. Now that I am waitlisted at all (3) other schools I was interviewed at, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how long the wait might be here (such as calling admissions??) so that I can know whether I could expect to send another LOI (if rejected here) to another school to increase my chances of getting in at least somewhere. Any advice??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a LOI here and am currently deferred for the Maine track. Now that I am waitlisted at all (3) other schools I was interviewed at, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how long the wait might be here (such as calling admissions??) so that I can know whether I could expect to send another LOI (if rejected here) to another school to increase my chances of getting in at least somewhere. Any advice??
Not the advice you wana hear, but I say, for now, stay patient. You don’t want to nag too quickly after your LOI. Maybe early April you can reach out and ask if the office of admissions is able to provide any information on how full the class is (since maine track is pretty limited in spots) or how much movement they anticipate. Plus, they will have a better idea of what to expect come april, since people will start withdrawing and commiting to places throughout that month. Best of luck!!! Surely, one of your pending decisions will yield an A!
 
Last edited:
Not the advice you wana hear but I say, for now, stay patient. You don’t want to nag too quickly after your LOI. Maybe early April you can reach out and ask if the office of admissions is able to provide any information on how full the class is (since maine track is pretty limited in spots) or how much movement they anticipate. Plus, they will have a better idea of what to expect come april, since people will start withdrawing and commiting to places throughout that month. Best of luck!!! Surely, one of your pending decisions will yield an A!
Thank you so much. I really really hope so
 
Who is technically the dean for admissions for the maine track program? Is it still Dr. Neumeyer, or is it Dr. Bing-You?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those still waiting to hear anything from them, I sent an email today inquiring. Was thinking they just forgot to send me my pre-II R but this is what they said.
8F3036E2-8322-46D0-98D0-22E7A796EC91.jpeg
 
has anyone had a post-II R yet? also, anybody know how well having a PI or advisor call the admissions office works for getting off of the waitlist?
Is the individual in any way affiliated with Tufts or any members of the adcom, either now or historically? If so, this would be a completely understandable move and is most likely to be effective.

If not, they can still reach out and put in a good word on your behalf, as a member of the medical/ scientific community. However, I think it's less likely to be effective than having someone with connections there. If they hold considerable influence within their academic institution/ field of research, this can also help.

Bottom line, I think you should go for it since there's not much to lose. Whether or not it will actually do anything is tough to say.
 
Last edited:
Is the individual in anyway affiliated with Tufts or any members of the adcom, either now or historically? If so, this would be a completely understandable move and is most likely to be effective.

If not, they can still reach out and put in a good word on your behalf, as a member of the medical/ scientific community. However, I think it's less likely to be effective than having someone with connections there. If they hold considerable influence within their academic institution/ field of research, this can also help.

Bottom line, I think you should go for it since there's not much to lose. Whether or not it will actually do anything is tough to say.
Thank you so much. Wasn’t sure if it could hurt in any way but I agree with your perspective and think they’re going to try it. Hoping it helps!!
 
Pre-II R. I applied Maine track, middle of July. If I have to reapply, I truly am torn as to whether or not I should reapply to Tufts 😢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know when/how long it takes to get our financial aid?
I think sometime around April 20th or so, give or take. Kind of annoying how late this school waits to send them out, but oh well. What’s another month added to our nearly year long limbo? lol

Let’s just hope they’re not as stingy with aid as everyone says they are 😏
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how full the Maine track class is so far (or usually is around this time)? Wondering how much WL movement I can realistically hope for 😰
 
Has anyone who interviewed on 3/16 heard anything yet? If I remember correctly, they said we should receive their decision sometime between 4/1 - 4/5