2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre-II R (complete 7/29) :(

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have an idea whether we can call the admissions office at this point and ask what we could improve on for our application for next year? Just trying to plan for the worst case scenario :/
If you have received a pre-II R, you can go ahead and ask for feedback. They may or may not provide it; some schools do, many explicitly state in their rejection emails that they do not provide app feedback (from firsthand experience lol). Fortunately, I am not aware of whether or not Tufts does the same. I could see them being more willing to provide back when the season is over and they have less on their plate.

If you have not gotten an R, hold off. For Tufts specifically, you are still in contention if you haven’t heard back. They very much stay on top of sending out R’s to applicants who are out of the running, as this thread can very much attest to.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
aw geez Rick it’s almost my turn for the R

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
If you have received a pre-II R, you can go ahead and ask for feedback. They may or may not provide it; some schools do, many explicitly state in their rejection emails that they do not provide app feedback (from firsthand experience lol). Fortunately, I am not aware of whether or not Tufts does the same. I could see them being more willing to provide back when the season is over and they have less on their plate.

If you have not gotten an R, hold off. For Tufts specifically, you are still in contention if you haven’t heard back. They very much stay on top of sending out R’s to applicants who are out of the running, as this thread can very much attest to.
From my R today: "Due to the complexity and relativity of the process, we are unable to respond to inquiries as to the specific reasons for particular Admissions Committee decisions."

Reactions: 3 users
Ughhhh got the R also, complete mid July. This whole year has been so painful

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R!
Thats all folks!

Reactions: 1 users
From my R today: "Due to the complexity and relativity of the process, we are unable to respond to inquiries as to the specific reasons for particular Admissions Committee decisions."
Ahhh so sorry to hear about the R. Thanks for sharing. I think that answers the question; seems like they won’t provide feedback but I guess it can’t hurt to ask.

Are the pre-II Rs coming out still or did they all come at once?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R just now. I am deeply, deeply saddened.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
R, complete sometime in July. See y’all next cycle

• Care

Thank you! This is really helpful!

Adding myself to the pre-II R train, complete 9/1. Pretty bummed since I attend a grad program through the SOM and really love the faculty. Best of luck to you all who are still in it!

Pre-II R today as well. One of my favorite schools as a mass resident and was holding out on sending an LOI to another school just in case I randomly had a chance here. Best of luck to everyone still applying.

• Care
If it makes you feel better too, I called Tufts the other day and they said they're still sending invites Mon and Wed, until March 31st
lol at me ... getting a tuesday email (pre-II R, complete in july)

Pre-II R earlier today. Complete in October (lolz).

Good luck everyone!!

It’s so agonizing to not have an R or an II yet. I wish I understood the method to the madness

I withdrew my app yesterday. I hope one of you waiting receives the interview slot! March 21st and 23rd had interview slots available when I withdrew, so there’s probably still a chance. Good luck!

I think lots of people did not get Rs yet. Not getting my hopes up

Has anyone from the Maine Track heard about the scholarship yet?

Does anyone know when the Maine Track deferred list starts to move?

Reactions: 1 users
P

same. Are we going to get ghosted? What's the point of this
The point is they’re likely very torn on your app. Like you are the closest thing to riding the fence as possible lol. Presumably, each wave they’ve gotten closer and closer to the fence, cutting out people who are progressively closer to the middle. They just really cannot decide what to do with you… certainly not a bad thing since they must think you’re deserving of an II, just not as deserving as some other people they’d like to interview first. I’d imagine the number of people still in the running for an II is very slim… if you don’t end up w an II it’s safe to say you were VERY close to getting one. Good luck, hope your patience pays off!!

• Love
The point is they’re likely very torn on your app. Like you are the closest thing to riding the fence as possible lol. Presumably, each wave they’ve gotten closer and closer to the fence, cutting out people who are progressively closer to the middle. They just really cannot decide what to do with you… certainly not a bad thing since they must think you’re deserving of an II, just not as deserving as some other people they’d like to interview first. I’d imagine the number of people still in the running for an II is very slim… if you don’t end up w an II it’s safe to say you were VERY close to getting one. Good luck, hope your patience pays off!!
Thanks for such a lovely and detailed reply :) I hope so too. I'd send in an update letter but I'm sure at this point it is seen as a last ditch desperate effort lmao and honestly it is

honestly shocking but received an II here today, complete august! Will likely be withdrawing, hope it goes to someone else here :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for such a lovely and detailed reply :) I hope so too. I'd send in an update letter but I'm sure at this point it is seen as a last ditch desperate effort lmao and honestly it is
Np!! My opinion is if it’s a solid update, send it. At this point, anything that can get their attention and help you stand out might help you secure one of the few remaining interview slots. If it backfires by getting their attention and serving as a reminder for them to reject you, you likely wouldn’t have gotten the interview anyway. That is assuming your update wasn’t extremely frivilous and wholly unimpressive (ie nothing has really changed or you try to stretch something as a substantial change when it really isn’t). Again, just an opinion from a fellow applicant so rake it w a grain of salt. I’m rooting for you!

Np!! My opinion is if it’s a solid update, send it. At this point, anything that can get their attention and help you stand out might help you secure one of the few remaining interview slots. If it backfires by getting their attention and serving as a reminder for them to reject you, you likely wouldn’t have gotten the interview anyway. That is assuming your update wasn’t extremely frivilous and wholly unimpressive (ie nothing has really changed or you try to stretch something as a substantial change when it really isn’t). Again, just an opinion from a fellow applicant so rake it w a grain of salt. I’m rooting for you!
I finished my thesis in December, so I guess that might count. Nothing other than that though haha. It doesn't hurt though, you're right!