2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For the meaningful activities part of the secondary, are people changing their activities from the ones they put on AMCAS? Is it recommended to do so?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the meaningful activities part of the secondary, are people changing their activities from the ones they put on AMCAS? Is it recommended to do so?

I wrote about the same 3, because why would something suddenly not be my most meaningful anymore?
 
I just do not understand what the screen could be of. Doesn't seem like it is a stats screen (a lot of us who have not gotten it do not have red flags with subsections or GPA). A screen of volunteer hours seems a little odd to me. Can it be a regional screen? Like central CA and above to NorCal?
Could be a combination of those things. GPA + MCAT + Location (based on IS/connections) could add up to a certain value, let's say 20. If you're over 20 you pass the autoscreen. Otherwise you're manually reviewed. Basically no one knows for certain.
 
When is the latest this secondary might come in? I’m getting nervous and this is my top choice school 🙁
 
Could be a combination of those things. GPA + MCAT + Location (based on IS/connections) could add up to a certain value, let's say 20. If you're over 20 you pass the autoscreen. Otherwise you're manually reviewed. Basically no one knows for certain.
Yes exactly. Based on what I have been seeing, the automatic secondaries seem to go to applicants who were born, grew up, or attended college in NorCal or URM CA applicants. It doesn't seem like a holisitc screen that other UC's have, but rather, a very specific screen. But no point wondering haha hopefully the rest come
 
Applying as OOS. I have family living in Davis. My application was verified in Mid-June. Still waiting for a secondary application. Is anyone else in the same boat?
 
I submitted my primary the first day and was verified pretty early. I have not even received an email acknowledging the receipt of my application from Davis.... plenty of SJT invites though lol.

Im CA res and a UCB grad, so I'm a little surprised it has been this long and some people have started to at least get notified. Is this normal?

Does anyone know if they suddenly decided to screen out CARS (I'm rocking a 515 with a 124 in it)?


You need to contact the school. Everyone receives the "we have your app" email, if they have your app.
 
Did anyone get a secondary here without an MCAT score?


1597374867714.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is so odd though, I submitted my app first day July 10th, my stats are pretty high, have central CA/Sacramento volunteering experience, went to school in NorCal, and have an app and personal statement specifically geared towards underserved populations. Hopefully this just means they take forever to review apps and we have nothing to worry about 😵
 
does davis send out pre-secondary rejections?

I haven't received a secondary yet so I'm not sure if I should even waste my time with the SJT... what are your thoughts?
 
does davis send out pre-secondary rejections?

I haven't received a secondary yet so I'm not sure if I should even waste my time with the SJT... what are your thoughts?
I'm in the same boat. Interested to see what others think about this. I heard from other UCs that I did not think I would but UC Davis has closer stats and mission alignment with me but I have not heard from them yet... ironically the only secondary I pre-wrote was this one. Anyways I called them last week to ask and the admissions and they said that they do a very comprehensive screening and most of their secondaries have not yet been sent. She also said it is not unusual for this to be the last secondary from the UC to receive
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will post this again (for the 3rd time I think).

If you do not receive a secondary within 24-48 hours after receiving the "we have received your primary," then you did not make it through the automatic screen. This does not mean you are not a competitive candidate. You will simply have to wait for an ADCOM member to manually screen your primary for a secondary. This can take months, so be patient.

Pre-secondary rejections historically will happen in one single wave, usually in January or February.
 
I will post this again (for the 3rd time I think).

If you do not receive a secondary within 24-48 hours after receiving the "we have received your primary," then you did not make it through the automatic screen. This does not mean you are not a competitive candidate. You will simply have to wait for an ADCOM member to manually screen your primary for a secondary. This can take months, so be patient.

Pre-secondary rejections historically will happen in one single wave, usually in January or February.
What's the manual screen by the ADCOM consist of?
 
I will post this again (for the 3rd time I think).

If you do not receive a secondary within 24-48 hours after receiving the "we have received your primary," then you did not make it through the automatic screen. This does not mean you are not a competitive candidate. You will simply have to wait for an ADCOM member to manually screen your primary for a secondary. This can take months, so be patient.

Pre-secondary rejections historically will happen in one single wave, usually in January or February.

lol be prepared to repost this 100x
 
Did anyone else's status say fee wasn't paid after submission? Does this just take some time to resolve?
 
IS ORM secondary received 8/15
App was verified 7/30

I have a question about the first prompt.
It says to:
1. Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report. (500 characters; spaces count as a character)


So I scored 510 on the MCAT with a 123 in CARS... :<
I should probably discuss this for the prompt, correct?
 
IS ORM secondary received 8/15
App was verified 7/30

I have a question about the first prompt.
It says to:
1. Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report. (500 characters; spaces count as a character)


So I scored 510 on the MCAT with a 123 in CARS... :<
I should probably discuss this for the prompt, correct?
513 with a 123 CARS too, I addressed it here!
 
Hey fam, if we select "Quarter" do we still have to convert quarter units to semester? I looked at last year's thread and they wanted everything in semester hours so applicants converted, but this year it looks like there is an option for quarter, but on the bottom it says "please refer to conversion guide"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad