2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

In the email they said that they will be reviewing secondaries for interview invites through the end of February thats why im a bit skeptical of if I should even submit it
Do you have the extra money? Are you already accepted to another school? Personally, I wouldn't if I am already in somewhere, even if I did have the extra money, which I don't lol
 
Has anyone who has been accepted yet heard anything about next steps? So far I have only received my background check, but nothing else. Also, does anyone know if there has been a group made for accepted students yet or any word about a second look day? Thanks in advance!
I emailed and asked. They said make sure your FAFSA is in and then you can start sending in transcripts as well, if you're sure this is where you're going (so you don't have to do it twice). You can also do the institutional financial aid form.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed and asked. They said make sure your FAFSA is in and then you can start sending in transcripts as well, if you're sure this is where you're going (so you don't have to do it twice). You can also do the institutional financial aid form.
Thank you for your response! Have you heard anything else about financial aid aside form submitting your FAFSA?
 
Thank you for your response! Have you heard anything else about financial aid aside form submitting your FAFSA?
There’s an institutional form as well. If you log in to the MyAid on the financial aid website, you can see what you need to complete. They also send an email when they pull your fafsa. It has all the details in it.
 
I did not feel super confident about mine and I got accepted. This doesn't really answer your question, but I hope it helps.
Congrats on the acceptance first of all!

It definitely helps! I hate having to talk to my screen because it's not a natural conversation so that's what's making me nervous 🙂

Really appreciate the insight!

Would you mind telling me what your interview experience was like with the faculty and student? you can pm me if you want to
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quick question for those that submitted a letter of intent update - how did you do this in 500 characters? i guess just keeping it very straightforward in a couple of sentences?
 
I was about to give up hope on this school and I received a secondary invite this morning. Is there even a point of completing it now or is it just a money grab?
Hey y'all just wanted to provide an update. I submitted the secondary. I'm not expecting for much because it's so late in the cycle, but I'm honored to even be considered. I'll keep yall updated!
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

In the letter of rec portion of the portal, my "Received by Admissions Office" date is very recent, but I have not updated my AMCAS application.
Does anyone have an answer or hypothesis about this?

I am trying to read non-existent tea leaves. 🙂
 
Hello everyone,

In the letter of rec portion of the portal, my "Received by Admissions Office" date is very recent, but I have not updated my AMCAS application.
Does anyone have an answer or hypothesis about this?

I am trying to read non-existent tea leaves. 🙂
I just checked mine, and it also shows a recent date...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

In the letter of rec portion of the portal, my "Received by Admissions Office" date is very recent, but I have not updated my AMCAS application.
Does anyone have an answer or hypothesis about this?

I am trying to read non-existent tea leaves. 🙂
LOL I just checked and saw that too. FINGERS CROSSED!
 
Mine does too but I don't think it means anything. Mine says 02/22/2021
It probably doesn't mean anything. But UCSD said that they would review my app again in mid-Feb after placing me on an interview hold. The received date of my LOR was updated to 2/19. So maybe it does mean that they are looking at our apps again.
 
Just checked and mine said 2/22. Previously (1 week ago) it said 12/30/2020. If I had to guess, it changed for everyone or many people and doesn’t mean much. They interview until April so they are still reviewing apps and handing IIs but there are too many of us on sdn that had our LOR date change to 2/22 to all get IIs. I wouldn’t look into this.
 
Unfortunately, I don't think it means much. As with the UCSD SOM example above, I got rejected 02/19 even though the letter of rec date on the portal says 02/22. Pretty bummed, but surviving. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VITA is only requested after being invited for an interview. So if you get an interview invite, the VITA invite will follow.
Oh okay, thanks! I've heard of some other schools sending the VITA out as a precursor to the actual interview, so I wasn't sure if Irvine did the same